Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

[Thu, Feb 12 @2000Z] SBP Op. SUNWALKER - Isla Duala Multiplayer Coop Event!

Operation Sunwalker

Isla Duala is getting a substantial A3 update this week - version 3.2.

To celebrate this event and showcase the new regions, SBP Team is hosting a 4th fun multiplayer event where community of this forum will cooperate to sucessfully complete Operation Sunwalker.

First time in A3 I am introducting armies of Afrene an Molatia, major thanks to talented nzdfcrash.

All information will be available in the following days right here.

Event starts when exactly?

This THURSDAY Feb 12, 9:00pm Central European Time (8pm UK | 3pm EST | 12am PST)

Where do we meet?

teamspeak3 server: ts.vojak.si (TS3 & Server Passes will be given to all participants who signed up)

Who?

BLUFOR: 40 slots available @ HQ Afrenian Kinsella Airport

OPFOR: AI with little assistance of Zeus if required.

Mods required to join?

Repo to PlayWith Six will be given for easy install & join.

Required are: AIA TP, Panthera 3.1, Isla Duala 3.2, CUP Weapons, AGM, CBA.

Optional is: JSRS3 Dragonfyre Sound Mod (you can have it or not, your choice)

Open slots / Players confirmed to come to the event (slots are still available, but hurry as they are limited):

Players # so far: 16

Squad Alpha (1st Slovenian Infantry)

[sBP]IceBreakr

[sBP]SmukY

[sBP]Denis

[sBP]Sahbazz

[sBP]Riflex

[sBP]Spidi

[sBP]El Diablo

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

Squad Bravo (2nd International Squad)

-FM-

Slatts

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

Squad Charlie (3rd International Squad)

[bHL] Tsark

[bHL] Hollenfurt

[bHL] Canari

[bHL] Flow

[bHL] Airone13

[bHL] Charko21

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

Squad Delta (Air Support / Logistics / Insertion)

Fruity_Rudy [pilot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

[empty slot]

Welcome, start joining! How? You apply to the event by:

- sending an email to info at vojak.si - subject: A3SW

All mails without proper subject name stated above will be ignored. Emails are not collected, no spam will be sent after the event and they are only used for signup procedure & deleted after that.

In the mail you simply list the name of your team players with Nickname, don't forget to send in your Team/Clan name & abbreviation. As a coordinator for your team you will be replied back to email & you will recieve ts3/game server passwords. If you're a single player without a organized team you play in, send you application too, we will assign you somewhere somehow, cannon fodder is always welcome ;)

If you have any questions send me a PM via this board.

Repo for Play WithSix automatic download of needed addons available here (tnx to [sBP]Sahbazz):

pws://panther.vojak.si/A3BX/config.yml (sixupdater) <-- this "url" is supported by Internet Explorer/Chrome, just click Allow and it will set up your Play WithSix client.

http://panther.vojak.si/A3BX/config.yml (browser)

Edited by IceBreakr

Added players to the signed up list.

Added repo for the addons (use Play WithSix or do it manually), be advised that Isla Duala will be updated on Wednesday to v3.2.

Edited by IceBreakr

What about ACRE? That would be awesome :) .. I'll ask around, I hope I will get some guys together.. I'd love to check out duala in a3 !!!!!

TFAR for this event.

8 players signed up so far.

Edited by IceBreakr

alas ive only just seen this, if it was TvT/PvP FUSION would be interested. Good luck with it :)

BHL Team joins the coop event today, so we are currently at 15 men strong! Release of Isla Duala is scheduled for this afternoon, some major bugs need to be squashed before the actual release :/

The guys of team BHL and myself are very proud to be part of this event, our first combined operation with another team as a proper team!

Best of luck in fixing the bugs IceBreakr.

What's the deadline for signing up? Sorry just hopped on the forums and saw this and was interested. Then I realized today was the 12th, so yea... haha

Yaw: you have PM with details on how to join. Slatts you know where to join, if you forgot the pass send me PM.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Due to late release of island we will start with event at 2130 CET, 30 minutes later. You can join the TS3 and prepare all addons and meet fellow soldiers.

Game keeps crashing for me for some unknown reason :/

2:32am, team (5 left) are making the final push into the fortress of Lukasa, hiding a town full of Molatian enemies.

It was really nice, but I had technical issues on my end. We should do it more often. Maybe tonight?? :) ... I have to say, i prefer acre though. It was a nice team, multi-culti...Let's do it again. I got 2-3 more guys to come

I missed the event due to personal issues (wife's friend sleeping in my study).

Thanks very much to those who organised it and made it possible.

If there's a re-run of the event, I'd love to join.

"multi-culti" that word sounds just SO funny.

Hi guys, Tsark, i acted as coordinator of BHL team for this event.

First off, i' d like to apologize for the All in Arma bisigns trouble, that is my fault i should have checked this a while ago, i dumbly installed the patches over the previous files without taking a look at the bisigns, and since we use Arma3 sync between us, we all had the same files among the BHLs. The CUP problem was very weird though, why would SIX decide to update in january 2015 the key of an addon that got released in november 2014 and hasn' t been released since?

All in all, when i looked at the list of the required mods i saw that we had all the needed addons so that addons shouldn' t be a problem, didn' t thought about the AiA bisigns, sorry.

Regarding the actual game, what we' ve done was lousy, and it' s because of a few reasons:

The first one is coms; before the mission began i couldn' t clearly understand wether we were supposed to not have intra squad coms on the radio and only use the SR between squad leaders, or to use SR for intra squad comms and LR between squad leaders and CO, or SR for intra squad, SR additional for between SLs and LR for CO or something else...etc. Add to that the fact that at some point people were asking who was using which channels to which i replied that BHL generally uses 111 as it' s SR channel, and that i then saw people generally answering 111 as to which channel should be used while i only said that it was the channel that we use between ourselves, resulted in a very disorienting situation for me which made coms really hard.

Then i heard that alpha was moving out so i had to rush my guys in the vehicles and thus we settled for BHL with 111 as our SR frequency and i used 79.8 to communicate with the CO, thus i couldn' t hear the other groups most of the time and i had a problem with my games volume compared to the one of teamspeak, which made hearing the CO very difficult.

In addition to that, the driver' s of both of my Fenneks were newbies when it came to using vehicles, so i often had to micro manage them.

Due to this combination of reasons, our participation to yesterday' s event could only be described as lousy to remain polite, which ultimately resulted in a TK on the castle, for which we of course apologize once again.

So as i' ve said on teamspeak for now we will temporarily crawl back to out hole, play, train, play, train in order to work on all the things that need to be worked on, and in maybe a month or two we will recontact you guys for a new joint op, that will go better this time i hope if that' s okay with you guys.

This was our very first joint OP, an international one at that, so i have no doubt that we will improve a lot, there is tons of room for that anyway.:rolleyes:

The different mission i' ve played individually with you guys after the first one were imensely fun though.

PS: In the meantime i' d be happy to tag along as an individual player on your gaming nights from time to time if you accept me.:)

Edited by Tsark

I only caught around 25 min of gameplay due to operator error ( I pressed the wrong button and saved to a full HDD).

KyDkplttIjs

Also, I see we still have "Super Ai"

nzU80j_bbH0

Edited by FallujahMedic(FM)

Fruity_Rudy: we'll do some more events. Requests on my PM :)

First off, Thank You to [sBP] for letting me play (and dying gloriously multiple times as is customary for me)! I would also like to thank the others in the "International Teams" (Rudy, Tsark, Slatts and others whose names I can't remember at this moment).

As far as game issues go, well, let me say that the only thing I've managed to do right is use Play With Six, it does keep me up to date (and avoids signature issues). Don't feel bad, I screwed up until I figured out that there was a reason they (SBP) use it. The comms issue, yeah, I don't always understand it either. I use TFAR maybe once or twice a month (as that's the only chance I seem to have to play Arma these days). The same goes with AGM, though I have been making little "cheat sheets" to help me remember all the key combinations. Team Kill, well, "Shit Happens", we've all done it (some more than others). As far as my death around the same time, I think I was hit by enemy fire.

IB: do we need to update to 1.40? If so any impact on the mission and/or mods?

Sure, 1.40 is amazing patch from BIS, just check the changelog - huge!