Sign in to follow this  
anthall

New ARMA 3 team vs team gamemode, Ikarus, ready for beta. Need testers!

Me and my mates have been developing a new game mode for ARMA 3, Ikarus: http://ikarus.idleplaythings.com

Ikarus is a team vs team game mode without respawn, with a persistence layer managed in a web app.

What are we hoping to achieve?

The desperate one life per player, loot on the line feeling from DayZ.

Fast, straight to business gameplay like Battle Royale, but focused on team versus team instead of free for all.

Persistent progression managed with a web app, giving each team a continuing agenda, and each mission a feeling of going in to accomplish an objective as part of a larger campaign.

Login with steam to the Ikarus web app. There you can manage your team: invite friends, change starting position, gear and such. When you want to play a game, you and your friends create a squad, select a mission and equipment, and enter into a server queue. When a server is free and enough teams are ready to play, slots will be reserved for your squad, and you will be given server details.

When you and a bunch of other teams join the ARMA mission, you will be moved to your selected starting location and given your selected equipment. Mission objectives will have been generated depending on the mission you chose. After you accomplish your mission, you will get to keep all equipment and vehicles you bring back to your starting location. They will show in the webapp, and you will be able to use them in subsequent missions. All the equipment you don’t bring back to the starting location, you will lose. If you get killed, you will be kicked from the server, as in Battle Royale.

Now, there will be other teams that are trying to accomplish the same objective as you, or will be in the area of operations doing something else. You can bet they are hostile, and that is where the fun is. Encounters around the objective will ensue, and you will get nice medium sized TvT matches with other teams.

We are doing some beta testing again on Wednesday 4. of March. 6pm UK time.

Everyone are welcome to join. If you are interested in joining us please add Tadrac on steam or join our TS3 server. We will start on 6pm UK time but we will be playing until midnight or later so feel free to join anytime. Read more here: http://redd.it/2wzlxv

What is new?

We have implemented new mission Hold and we are excited to test it with new players

TEAMSPEAK:

ts.idleplaythings.com

password: icecreamtruck

Edited by Anthall
Game night incoming!

Hello!

I have been testing this mod for some time now. I really like how the mod works. It really combines the arma 3 tactics but also it has this DayZ kind fear of loosing your gear feeling. In DayZ you often dont have any mission. Here I really like it when in each mission you have goal that you want to achieve. Achieving this goal gives new guns to your company which you can store and use in future missions. I also the idea that one game lasts maximum of 1 hour 15 minutes which mean you can also play it more casually if you like.

The mod is also very easy to play because of the webapp. You just log in and create your own company, invite friends and play. It has this matchmaking system which makes it easy to play with friends. I hate for example in battle royale when you try to get to the same server with your friends and someone is always left out of the game. I would very much like to try this mod with more people to have epic 30 to 40 man battles.

-Tadrac

going to install this for testing on combat360.international server... give you some feedback - but in essence sounds brilliant

Hi maddogmcewan,

The mod consist of many parts, which none is really open source (at least not yet). So sadly you cannot install it on your own server. However, you can add me (Anthallas) on steam, and come play with us:)

Hi! You can add Anthallas or Tadrac in steam so we can inform about future games. We are playing atleast tonight.

And we definitely have to set up a public TS. Stay tuned!

Hum... TvT, so nice to hear that ! :cool:

2 questions please:

1. What are missions ? CTF-like ones ? What about the estimated duration ?
  2. Will TFAR be supported in the future (sounds like no respectable team play without) ? Other mods, like RHS ?

If you need to use a TS3 server feel free to use ours:

ts3.veterans-gaming.com

no password

Hello

At the moment we have two missions: Supply and Guard

In Supply your goal is to find weapon depot, loot it and take the loot back to your hideout. Everything you can bring back you get to keep for later games.

This is interesting because also every other team try to accomplish the same goal. Every game is different and it does not get boring.

One game is time limited to 1h 15 minutes and the depot will be bombed after 55 minutes. Usually the game lasts more than one hour.

On guard your goal is to defend the supply depot.

Later on more missions will be implemented. The idea is to have many mission which the players can choose from.

At the moment the mods that are supported are CUP and AGM.

Edited by Tadrac

We having games Tonight 21. of February. Everyone are welcome to join. Please come to our TS3 if you need help or have any questions.

For more information please see http://redd.it/2wh7i3

TEAMSPEAK:

ts.idleplaythings.com

Hi

It went well. We played like 8 hours straight! :) Feel free to come to our ts3 or irc anytime. Im sure we play today and tomorrow as well. Also next official game night will be on Wednesday 25. of February.

We are doing some beta testing again on Wednesday 25. of February 6pm UK time.

Everyone are welcome to join. If you are interested in joining us please add Tadrac on steam or join our TS3 server. We will start on 6pm UK time but we will be playing until midnight or later so feel free to join anytime. Read more here: http://redd.it/2wzlxv

TEAMSPEAK:

ts.idleplaythings.com

This is excellent a really good mod, when it goes live it will be one of the best game modes for A3.

PRO TIP:

Get your squad to wear the same uniform :)