Sign in to follow this  
peeps

Cannot memory map

Is there anyway to solve the problem that doesn't involve deleting much loved addons. I have tried the swap file but that doesn't sort it. I've also tried lowering the RAM memory in the OPF preferences.

please say theres somehting else i can do, i love my addons biggrin.gif

Buy more ram, or if you are using a Win95 based OS (win95, 98, ME) get an NT based one (w2k, xp) which have much better memory management.

Edit: and, of course, adjusting the memory settings from the preferences might help too.

i've got 256MB RAM, its the same as i have on the other computer and it works fine on that one confused.gif

I have 512 DDR RAM, still the prob occurs...

so no way without getting rid of addons or buying new stuff?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkninja @ Sep. 29 2002,11:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have 512 DDR RAM, still the prob occurs...<span id='postcolor'>

How much stuff do you have in your Addons folder? I'm running on Windows XP Professional with 512MB of RAM, and I've never seen the message.

I can't start resistance because of it! Any word? I have a p42.53 with 512 rdram and a huge hard drive, and a Raedon Pro9700.

And, of course, no addons to bog down my memory.

I get this message if i  exceed 600 meg in my main ofp addons folder and about 300 megs for my resistance addons folder.

i have 512 meg of ram & a 1 gig swap file run by a amd 800 athlon via win 98 o/s, i think the only thing you can do is delete some addons, sorry.

I have no unofficial addons, which official ones can I erase? I have just done a clean install of OPF:CWC and of Resistance, so I don't know what I can erase.

I think I remember reading of someone with a Radeon fixing the memory map problem by changing the AGP aperture size...

I tried that one to. My BIOS will only let me set it at 64, 128 and 256, and that other person fixed it by setting it to 32.

Does the same problem exist if you select Direct3D without T&L? Have you checked with the guys at Rage3D to see if there is a more recent driver, even if it is beta? Even if there isn't, the guys there are probably the best resource for fixing this problem.

Nope, they don't have anything on this problem. I did get the new beta drivers, but it did not fix the problem. This is so sad!

I was bored yesterday because it was impossible to play servers with all the lag/desync in 1.85 so i decided to play the Campaign again.  Well as soon as I clicked on it  i got booted to desktop and a error came up on a box saying something like    "Cannot Memory-campaigns/1985.pbo"  Is this because I have a sh*t load of addons in my addon folder?

Yep it was the addons lol. I just went ahead and deleted 85 mb of crap from Vietnam Addon that I never play. Now I can play campaign again woot.

It does sound like you have too many addons, if it ever worked at all and now doesn't. My problem boggles my mind, however, and makes me want to cry.

I won't, yet.

Somebody posted somewhere saying that the problem is Windows XP updates, and that every time he gets the Microsoft Security Updates, his Resistance stops working. Anyone know anything about this?

Do You have some very big unofficial add-ons or very big .PBO files what resistance can't memory ?. Maybe you have some bad change, some like a big resolution ? If yes, you will change back this settings and delete big add-ons.

No, I don't have any addons at all, just the Resistance Expansion. This is a totally clean install. And, I have tried in almost all possible resolutions, except 640x480. I first tried the game with all the highest resolutions, since the computer is so fast.

That didn't work, so I lowered it, including all the cockpits and all the textures, and nothing has worked. I can play the original, albiet with the funny flashing textures.

The folks at Codemasters are thinking this is a problem unique to me. Interesting, I think! Anyone else playing with a 9700 Pro? Or with a p4 2.53? Or with 512 megs o' ram?

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ginbo @ Oct. 17 2002,16wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Somebody posted somewhere saying that the problem is Windows XP updates, and that every time he gets the Microsoft Security Updates, his Resistance stops working. Anyone know anything about this?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it was "MisterOrange2002" He sent me an Email saying......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think i have figure out what was cause my problems and maybe you can pass it along. The windows xp automatic update i

believe is the cause. The reason being is when i do a clean install of my operating system software (i.e. windows XP)

resistance runs great with no problems. Then microsoft sends the two most recent updates to me, and guess what

memory-map fileresADDONSo.pbo error starts happening.<span id='postcolor'>

Edit: His thread is here