Sign in to follow this  
gobi42

Write Addon Info (Stringpath)

So i asked this about a month ago in the tools thread but no one has responded so i though i would try asking here. Every time i try to build a mission i build from scratch i get build failed. [ResultCode]=1. So i check the log and find this

2015-01-11 15:16:44,772 [ERROR] 5: AddonBuilder.Builder.Run - System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.PackOnlyCfgTask.WriteAddonInfo(String path)
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.PackOnlyCfgTask.ExecuteImpl()
  at AddonBuilder.Tasks.BuildTask`1.Execute()
  at AddonBuilder.Builder.Run()
2015-01-11 15:16:44,776 [iNFO] 5: AddonBuilder.Builder.Run - Build failed
2015-01-11 15:16:44,778 [DEBUG] 1: AddonBuilder.Packer.<Execute>b__2 - Build finished. [ResultCode]=1

I would fix this if i knew what i was looking for or even where to look. I have looked over both my init file and my description.ext file for syntax errors and the likes but found none. So just for kicks i tried starting a new mission saved the mission as nothing more than a blank map. no markers, triggers, not even a unit. Addon builder gives me the same error as above. Any idea's?

As this is rather a C/C++/C#/Java issue, you probably won't find anyone here to answer this. You should find out who the author of that application is and contact him directly.

As this is rather a C/C++/C#/Java issue' date=' you probably won't find anyone here to answer this. You should find out who the author of that application is and contact him directly.[/quote']

The application is Addon Builder, from the Arma 3 steam tools. I asked over there and no one responded, thus the reason i asked the question here as it's possibly a error in one of the mission files.

Try and do it without binarizing it, see if that helps.

Try and do it without binarizing it, see if that helps.

Don't have binarize checked in addon builder. Addon builder will build config files that I wrote (binarize enabled). And it will build wasteland missions I pull from a3wasteland git. Only throws errors on missions I built myself. The only files in the mission are the mission file, description. Ext some custom load out scripts and init script, and two folders one for vvs and one that holds all my random ai scripts. If I add the scripts to a a3wasteland mission it will build the mission. So I know that my random ai scripts are not the issue. And also includes all files needed for vvs to run.

Anyonehave any ideas? I've been trying to fix this for over a month now. Really hard to believe i'm the only person who has ever gotten this error message.

I don't bother with the new tools - too buggy for me.

Stlll use the old binPbo from Arma 2 and it works fine.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2068

Or you can use Eliteness, which works really well (possibly better for missions than binPbo).

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Eliteness got it to build. So thanks for that. But still doesn't help me with what's causing the error.

Post on feedback tracker in Tools category

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.