Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

How about some proper russian sailors

The spetznaz just dont feel right, so it takes away from the amazing addon that is the Mirage

some pictures

unif154.jpg

unif155.jpg

what do think Antichrist? , I have no knowledge of making addons but it looks like the textures could just be applied to nogova police?

i think that bottom on is a dress uniform, the top one looks too clean too, for sailors they should probably lose the hat and get a bit dirty smile.gif

true, what I really wanted was some sailors with a black pilotka, and a blue -white striped shirt -could not find one on sovietarmy.com, but serioulsy would any one consider making a sailor as this would really add to the already great addon. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Sep. 26 2002,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">would be nice, if the player can change the positions, driver>>gunner>>commander<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it's quite annoying that you are obliged to get to a shore, to change positions

i dont know if there still up, but ofpec used to have 2 diffrent versions of naval infantry (black uniform and brown camo, both w/ the stripey shirts) which might make decent crew...

heres an idea for somebody.. instead of retexturing an existing soldier how obut an all new model??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (desantnik @ Sep. 26 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The spetznaz just dont feel right, so it takes away from the amazing addon that is the Mirage

some pictures

unif154.jpg

unif155.jpg

what do think Antichrist? , I have no knowledge of making addons but it looks like the textures could just be applied to nogova police?<span id='postcolor'>

You could make good versions of these units with reskins of Guba's model...his hat is the right shape...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 27 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could make good versions of these units with reskins of Guba's model...his hat is the right shape...<span id='postcolor'>

the police models are better. guba is wearing boots but sailors on the pics don't smile.gif

Sailors would probably wear boots. Go with the Guba model, or better yet, a custom model. What do Soviet sailors look like in movies?

I think the police models could be better used for the sailors, and again I ask if it is possible to take Alexandras hat and switch it with a man. In any case the pilotka would be better for the sailors in my opinion. Man, sometimes I wish Uce was still around he made some great textures. In fact I am using his naval infantry as a place holder until some one else makes better sailors. So can some one please consider doing the ofp world a favor and make some sailors? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Sep. 26 2002,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">would be nice, if the player can change the positions, driver>>gunner>>commander<span id='postcolor'>

OFP engine does not support this

even if it doesnt support it, I would like to know if your team is going to make a proper crew, if not could somebody else do it? confused.gifsmile.gif

just out of curiosity, antichrist, whatever happened to the AA gun and the Kamaz truck that were supposed to come out?

i cant remember where i read it, but fliper wrote that he had edited your model and fixed up the geometry and added a roadway lod so that you can walk around on the deck and land helicopters on it(also able to then get in as driver/gunner/commander without going to shore), you should contact him and see if he can help for any future versions

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miss_Cleo @ Sep. 29 2002,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just out of curiosity, antichrist, whatever happened to the AA gun and the Kamaz truck that were supposed to come out?<span id='postcolor'>

They are almost ready, but we're not releasing them separately

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (hugo2020 @ Sep. 26 2002,08:13)

would be nice, if the player can change the positions, driver>>gunner>>commander

OFP engine does not support this

<span id='postcolor'>

I think, Hugo2020 means, that we can change positions just like in tanks, so that you just have to stop, and then change positions... Would that be possible??

bye,

gr4vy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 06 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally, I still think Guba's model would make a better sailor...<span id='postcolor'>

the addonmakers could make two versions of the sailors. an officer with police model and sailors with guba model... wink.gif