SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

Have a version on Sangin using British equipment and Leights Opfor Pack as enemies.

Senseii, what's is the best way to tweak down the amount of enemies and civilians that spawn in please as I'd like to optimise it for the map size and numbers on multiplayer?

Thankyou

enemy patrols - main.sqf

_SEN_patrol = if ((paramsArray select 5) isEqualTo 1) then {number} else {0}; // number of patrols per town. Edit the number in this line

occupied location enemies - scripts\SEN_occupy.sqf

most of the occupied location settings are set in SEN_occupy.sqf, however, these specific enemies are created using fn_spawnSquad.sqf.

In fn_spawnSquad.sqf change _count to the desired minimum number of enemies (this also affects enemies created for tasks).

_count = [number] call SEN_fnc_setStrength; // _count is the minimum number of units spawned. This number is increased based on the number of players
_grp = [_pos,0,_count,_side,_uncache] call SEN_fnc_spawnGroup;

civilians - scripts\SEN_civ.sqf

edit _townCount depending on type of occupied location.

if ((type _x) isEqualTo "NameVillage") then {_townCount = number};
if ((type _x) isEqualTo "NameCity") then {_townCount = number};
if ((type _x) isEqualTo "NameCityCapital") then {_townCount = number};

FYI, the next version of the mission will tweak these numbers automatically.

Thanks so much for getting back - I'll have a play with those settings - I've had some help and improved the performance a little.

Its a really nice mission thanks for making it and I'm looking forward to the next update.

Excellent mission, could you please explain the formula/script were civilian approval is set. I would like to set the approval to highest negative figure so all civilians start of hostile to you until you complete some missions.

Many thanks

Excellent mission, could you please explain the formula/script were civilian approval is set. I would like to set the approval to highest negative figure so all civilians start of hostile to you until you complete some missions.

Many thanks

cse_stance_systemBlufor is the approval variable, cse_stance_systemBlufor is set in main.sqf.

Have a look in fnc/fn_getApproval.sqf and fn_getApprovalNumber.sqf.

_chance = [min,max,multiplier] call SEN_fnc_getApprovalNumber;

Set the max value to a higher number if you want people to have a harder time at the start.

If the starting approval is less than zero, the chance of rebels and suicide attacks is capped at the max value.

brillian mission, loving every bit of it!

Thanks!

Hey SENSEII,

two things:

1.) we have an issue with the VVS, after some time spawned vehicles just directly explode.

2.) I would like to preset the TFAR frequencies for the single squads - the TFAR frequencies module doesn't seem to work. Do you set them anywhere in a script?

Hey SENSEII,

two things:

1.) we have an issue with the VVS, after some time spawned vehicles just directly explode.

2.) I would like to preset the TFAR frequencies for the single squads - the TFAR frequencies module doesn't seem to work. Do you set them anywhere in a script?

1. Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.
  2. The field manual lists every file involved in the comms net. I believe you're looking for scripts\SEN_tfr.sqf.

I stepped away from Arma to finish up school, but I'm getting back into it now; an update is in the works.

I stepped away from Arma to finish up school, but I'm getting back into it now; an update is in the works.

Quit school :D the world is gonna end soon. We need to play your mission :D

I would like to add in my mission your "Default Communications Network" .

How can I do?

If I'm not mistaken the file is it.

SEN_tfr.sqf

How install in my mission?

I would like to add in my mission your "Default Communications Network" .

How can I do?

If I'm not mistaken the file is it.

SEN_tfr.sqf

How install in my mission?

The associated files are SEN_tfr.sqf, SEN_acre2.sqf, fn_setTfrRadio.sqf, fn_setAcreRadio.sqf.

You can see how I assign radios to players in initPlayerLocal.sqf.

However, these files need to be updated to work alongside the new versions of acre and tfr. I can't guarantee they will function correctly in 3.0.3.

Edited by SENSEII

DCG 3.0.5 is coming along nicely :D. Here's the changelog so far...

v3.0.5

added ACE3 support

added RHS support - dynamic usage of RHS units if addon on server

added SEN_animal.sqf - terrain based wildlife

added Arsenal

added Take Radio action to Arsenal box

added Destroy Ammo Cache task

added Retrieve Device Intel task

added © Identify Deceased Politician task

added Dodge Medical Center to MOB Dodge

updated ACRE2 support

updated enemy bases with more detailed versions

updated FOB system to support ACE3 rallypoints

updated field manual

changed realism mode - parameter default is 'off'

fixed bug in VVS - VVS doesn't allow RHS content

fixed bug in fn_findRuralFlatPos.sqf - unsuitable positions returned

removed CSE support

removed weather scripts - replaced by ACE3 weather system

removed VAS

v3.0.4

updated SEN_civ.sqf - civilian traffic is now cached

updated map compatibility - enemy patrol count, civilian trigger distances now consider map size

updated fn_spawnGroup - mostly optimization, minimized lag on unit/vehicle spawn

updated fn_setPatrolUnit - mostly optimization, units select less positions and properly wait at each position

fixed bug in SEN_civ.sqf - spawn distance does not scale with map size

removed vanilla gps restriction

removed fn_findTown - redundant

DCG 3.0.5 Update

Download here: DCG 3.0.5 - Altis

Check the first post for changelog and ports to Takistan and Chernarus should be available soon.

Quick Question. I know this mission is supposed to scale with the number of players, but will it scale all the way down 2 and 3 player co-op ? ? ?

I'd like to try it with anywhere from 2 to 4 of my friends, but that depends upon if this mission can scale down that low. I really don't want 40 enemy AI soldiers, 3 tanks, and 2 attack helicopters all coming after 2 live players.

Quick Question. I know this mission is supposed to scale with the number of players, but will it scale all the way down 2 and 3 player co-op ? ? ?

I'd like to try it with anywhere from 2 to 4 of my friends, but that depends upon if this mission can scale down that low. I really don't want 40 enemy AI soldiers, 3 tanks, and 2 attack helicopters all coming after 2 live players.

Yes, the mission will scale that low, but you have to consider the size of the occupied locations you're assaulting. Two players will have trouble with a capital as the minimum enemy count is higher than that of an occupied town or city. Also air and armored units are more likely in a capital, but not guaranteed. Two to four players could easily handle an occupied town if they're careful and use the correct gear. Some tasks such as 'Retrieve Device Intel' are geared towards a higher player count as the spawned enemy base is larger and garrisons more units.

I've added things like the transport system to help players get around easily if they don't have an actual player as a pilot and making use of FOB Pirelli will surely help. You can also turn off patrols if things are too difficult (units/vehicles that patrol the area around the occupied locations, doesn't affect enemies in the occupied location).

So, the mission is designed to support a range of player counts, but luck and proper use of the included systems factor into the situation. Personally, I've completed this mission with anywhere between 3 and 40 players.

Edited by SENSEII

How hard is it to port this mission to a not her island ? Or is it just plug and play

How hard is it to port this mission to a not her island ? Or is it just plug and play

As long as the map follows the same standards as the vanilla maps then you can just copy everything in the editor. However when I port the mission I tend to recreate the MOB as aesthetically buildings such as the medical center don't fit every map. I try to make DCG flexible in this regard, but naturally some maps are better than others.

A suitable map will have...

• towns to occupy
  • towns to use in tasks and spawn civilians
  • varying terrain (ex. some tasks require an area of flat land to spawn an enemy base)
  • working road system
  • correctly setup config entries
  • large enough landmass so that DCG can spawn stuff away from the main base

Hi! I like your mission and all that... but virtual arsenal in your mission is very laggy. Can i change it to another? Will this affect something in your mission, whether it appears somewhere?

How is it laggy? You can change it, but then you're responsible for making sure 3rd party content works and addons like acre and tfr aren't screwed up by the gear system.