SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

Its a known issue with CSE; reference post 46. I patched VAS in 3.0.3 which fixes the issue, but it's really something that should be resolved in CSE. I'll release 3.0.3 soon.

For now, a workaround is to create a loadout at the Armory with field rations saved in it. When u load the loadout, the rations should work correctly. The same goes for bandages.

... For now, a workaround is to create a loadout at the Armory with field rations saved in it. When u load the loadout, the rations should work correctly. The same goes for bandages.

Did this and still didn't work. I think it's because that module is still pre alpha. Maybe if you set that option in parameters? That way we (and others) could just desactivate that option. IDK.. the mission is very interesting but we started to pass out and couldn't finish it.

I misread your last post. I thought you were saying you could not use the field rations at all.

I'll take a look at the issue. If I can't do anything about it, I'll remove the field ration module until its fixed.

EDIT: So the field rations work, but they are highly ineffective at the moment. For example, if the drinking icon is in the red, it would take about 22 canteens to get back to full. I'll remove the field ration module in upcoming versions until CSE resolves the issue.

Edited by SENSEII

I misread your last post. I thought you were saying you could not use the field rations at all.

I'll take a look at the issue. If I can't do anything about it, I'll remove the field ration module until its fixed.

EDIT: So the field rations work, but they are highly ineffective at the moment. For example, if the drinking icon is in the red, it would take about 22 canteens to get back to full. I'll remove the field ration module in upcoming versions until CSE resolves the issue.

Thank you, kind sir. I could confirm your last advice when i get home, tonight. ;)

Hi ! Thanks for this awsome mission !

Is it possible to enable save in game ? or in the editor ? Me and my friends would like to save our progress.

I tried the saveGame; command with trigger but it doesn't work...

Thanks for the anwser !

Edited by Hazardious

Hi Senseii, i have big problems with food and water. when hunger/thirst is low, we CAN'T change it to green even drinking a lot of water. We also disabled "realism" option in parameters but we still get thirsty and can't get well.

I found the same with the water but not food. I don't know how many bottles one is supposed to drink to return from orange/yellow to green but it can't be realistic the way it is now otherwise I'd have to carry around a couple of cases of water for every 15 mins I'm out there.

What I noticed is as soon as I saw the water level go from green to yellow/orange I started downing water. I likely downed 4 full bottles and then gave up at that point because it never went green.

Hi ! Thanks for this awsome mission !

Is it possible to enable save in game ? or in the editor ? Me and my friends would like to save our progress.

I tried the saveGame; command with trigger but it doesn't work...

Thanks for the anwser !

At the moment, I haven't put much thought into this. It would require a lot of effort or something like iniDB.

I'm not sure if it's worth the time, but I'll look into it.

DCG 3.0.3 Update

Download here: DCG 3.0.3 - Altis / Takistan / Chernarus

Check the first post for changelog.

How do I change the factions? I want to use RHS and Leights Opfor pack (ISIS).. Do I need to unpack the PBO and do something in the mission.sqf???

unpack the PBO and change the unit pools in main.sqf.

Just make sure you don't leave any pool empty and the units in the pool are the correct type.

For example, SEN_unitPool includes infantry, SEN_vehPool includes ground vehicles and SEN_airPool includes air vehicles.

Edited by SENSEII
explanation

Unit and vehicle addon support

what exactly this means ???

is it playable with RHS Units ? and how i can find all the Menus the other Guys talking about ?

Yes, the mission supports any unit pack with minimal editing. Check my last post for how to do this.

Do you mean the DCG menu? It's part of the CSE radial menu that you can open with a keybinding set through CSE (press esc and look at top left area of screen).

When I start the scenario nothing happens. I just stand there among several other soldiers.

Sounds like you started the mission as a single player scenario. This mission is for multiplayer.

If I create a Headless Client on the Server it keeps getting kicked off? Is there something I am missing?

If I create a Headless Client on the Server it keeps getting kicked off? Is there something I am missing?

I didn't run into this issue during testing, however, I've seen this come up in the Arma 3 Headless Client thread. Have a look there.

Hello SENSEII,

I'd really like to get DCG working on Sangin, however it won't spawn in the towns.

I imagine it might be a naming clash or difference in the radius - is there anything you could point me to so that I can get it working please?

Apologies, although I've been an ARMA fan for a good few years, I've only just recently started playing around with creating missions so its user error rather than anything wrong with your DCM or Smokedogs Sangin Map

Hey SENSEII, would it be possible to replace the VAS with the virtual arsenal in the next version? A lot of our players have issues with the VAS needing a very long time to load or not showing any weapons etc..

Hello SENSEII,

I'd really like to get DCG working on Sangin, however it won't spawn in the towns.

I imagine it might be a naming clash or difference in the radius - is there anything you could point me to so that I can get it working please?

Apologies, although I've been an ARMA fan for a good few years, I've only just recently started playing around with creating missions so its user error rather than anything wrong with your DCM or Smokedogs Sangin Map

I did a quick test and the mission does run on Sangin, but there are some compatibility issues with the smaller map sizes that will be addressed in the next version.

Here are a couple things you can check to figure out where your problem lies.

Look through the rpt file to find something along the lines of...

15:00:28 "SEN_LOG: SEN_range: 2560, SEN_centerPos: [2560,2560,0], SEN_whitelistTown count: 12"
15:00:29 "SEN_LOG: Spawning occupied locations and patrols on server."
15:00:29 "SEN_LOG: Occupied Towns: NAME: Maladoost, POSITION: [1861.16,2843.13,-3], TYPE: NameVillage"
15:00:29 "SEN_LOG: Occupied Towns: NAME: Achema, POSITION: [4473.91,2976.11,-5.73858], TYPE: NameVillage"

This will let you know that the mission has started correctly.

Check this link if you don't know where to find the rpt file, Crash Files.

Also, when you transfer the mission to another map, be sure to check that you set the headless client slot to playable in the editor, otherwise SEN_HCPresent will default to true and DCG will try to spawn everything on the HC.

If none of this works then attempt to run DCG with debug mode on (mission parameter) and send me the rpt file.

Hey SENSEII, would it be possible to replace the VAS with the virtual arsenal in the next version? A lot of our players have issues with the VAS needing a very long time to load or not showing any weapons etc..

At the moment, none of the CSE gear shows up in the virtual arsenal. I'm working to resolve this, but it's not guaranteed.

At the moment, none of the CSE gear shows up in the virtual arsenal. I'm working to resolve this, but it's not guaranteed.

Thanks, for the moment i just added a Virtual Arsenal to the box so players can use both.

Another issue we have is that GPS doesn't seem to work - it just opens the normal map instead of the small gps. Any ideas?

One more question: is there a way to limit the use of the vehicle spawner to specific players/GUIDs?

If you want to use the vanilla gps, you'll need to comment out ShowGPS = 0; in the description.ext.

This was removed to encourage players to use the CSE pda and tablet.

Thanks for the info - indeed the CSE PDA and tablet should be used, but for pilots this is not an option as you can't fly and have the PDA open at the same time, so for them a GPS is essential.

Also, when you transfer the mission to another map, be sure to check that you set the headless client slot to playable in the editor, otherwise SEN_HCPresent will default to true and DCG will try to spawn everything on the HC.

Thanks it was the headless client I wasn't setting correctly

Have a version on Sangin using British equipment and Leights Opfor Pack as enemies.

Senseii, what's is the best way to tweak down the amount of enemies and civilians that spawn in please as I'd like to optimise it for the map size and numbers on multiplayer?

Thankyou