Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

Disabling A Side Through Params

I'd like to leave it up to the server admins as to which sides are used in this mission I'm using. If they disable a side, I have the scripts that pertain to that side stop. However, I'd like players that chose that side be forced into a spectator mode, seeing as how that side is inactive. Its worth mentioning I'm using wave and base respawn with the BIS respawn dialog box. Players respawn upon entering the server.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Go into the editor and load your mission and set all the units from a side to 'non-playable'. This can also be done in notepad++ by opening the mission.sqm

Playable units that have a player in them cannot be deleted.

You can use the param to define a value, and from that decide in a script what to do if the playerside is X,Y or Z based on the value of the param

Go into the editor and load your mission and set all the units from a side to 'non-playable'. This can also be done in notepad++ by opening the mission.sqm

I know how to do that :P What I'm looking for is to set a Parameter that disables/enables each side, so server admins can choose what sides are playing. I know I can't disable the slot, which is why I'm looking for a way to launch the spectator mode.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Playable units that have a player in them cannot be deleted.

You can use the param to define a value, and from that decide in a script what to do if the playerside is X,Y or Z based on the value of the param

Right, what commands do you use to start the BIS spectator function?

Would be faster to just edit the .sqm in the editor and make various different missions with respective tags, like:

(Coop40) MyMission Blufor+Indfor

(Coop40) MyMission Blufor+Opfor

etc.

You want to let people join both sides and then let admin to disable one side, forcing it to be spectators? Is this a requirement for some game mode?