code34

[MP][COOP] COMBAT ASSAULT - Official Thread

Important please check ! :   Everytime I  get killed in a tank with only one  Rocket... even HE Alamut ....   but the Tank is alive... is it possible that the armor doesnt work correct ? or you die to soon??

and even if  Fatigue is disabled we still have the  anoying  weapons sway... anyway to disable that ? you can walk 10 meter and he is shaking like running a few KMs...

there  some issues yu should fix  ;D  like getting killed by one  Launcher Missle but the Vehicle stays alive.....  or to high cooldown  but most important  the Fatigue.. its not disabled 

yes it could happen that tank still alive but damage. You can be 3 inside, and 1 could die and other stay alive.

For sway i will add an option :D

what is with  Cooldown ?  and maybe even script for  viewdistance ? because Heli/Jets are useless if NPCs can see you before you can see them :D    and the damage is bugged.... because only the driver dies... the other guys will stay alive in tank or something like that only 1 will die

the damage to tanks is not a bug, it is how the game designed for vehicles, not just tanks. that is why you can knock helis from airs (killed the pilots), kill the driver/gunner of vehicles with bullets/gl. the whole thing won't go down in 1 hit unless are taken down by sufficient firepowers.

anyway, amazing mission so far, code34. here is something to report:

~ the inventory management doesn't load the binoc slot upon respawned. I looked at the code, it doesn't seem to recognize that? Isn't there the getUnitLoadout / setUnitLoadout fnc that do the same thing? or is it not working for your coding?

~ the deploy on friend doesn't behave very well (imo). you can't deploy that way when enemy is too close to your friend, right? so instead of stopping me from deployment. it paradrops me right into the fire. Is it working as intended? shouldn't it stopped me, and let me pick when friend is not available? or this is just a bug from my side?

if I find something more, I will let you know. (I'm currently trying to edit your mission to my group's liking ... can't get it right without breaking things. only got a few things working so far.)

@Mrfies,

I will look to add a cooldown / viewdistance parameter in lobby section. View distance should be share between players to be a fair game.

@moorchanox,

concerning the inventory management, i will check for this. From my memory, it should be a load function in the inventory object of client.

concerning the deployment, i did modifications about how the deployment system works during last week, so i confirm it s a bug relative to old deployement system.

Im curious about your mission adaptations.

Thanks you for the bug report, i will add the fix tonight :)

No I mean decrease the cooldown.. its way to long... and can you please make a  version without getting killed by one  missle .... its so anoying to  use   1XTank vs 100 Soldiers + Vehicles and get killed by 1 Missle.... feels just not right

5 hours ago, MrFies said:

No I mean decrease the cooldown.. its way to long... and can you please make a  version without getting killed by one  missle .... its so anoying to  use   1XTank vs 100 Soldiers + Vehicles and get killed by 1 Missle.... feels just not right

You do not play the game as it is supposed to be played. It s not a solo game, you have to play with friends / others players to balance the opposition and have a good experience.

Dev streaming:

https://www.twitch.tv/code34/v/117069982

more informations:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/commits/1.35

logs:

add sway parameter

add cooldown parameter

delete useless / cleaning code

fix binocular restore problem

rename deployment vehicle by air drop request

cleaning ui stings

fix damage for bonus vehicles

Hi Code34,

We have been playing the latest beta, here's some feedback...

1. Players seem to be moving much faster than previous versions and vanilla ARMA. This is in all movement speeds, walk, jog, sprint.

2. I'm not sure the no fatigue parameter is working correctly and may be related to 1. I would prefer leaving fatigue be left at default vanilla.

3. Made a copy of the mission for the ProvingGrounds in CUP Terrains and many of the red zones ended up outside of the detailed terrain. I'm pretty sure this is party because it's such a small terrain, lots of fun though.

4. Noticed that sometimes enemy and friendly helos were spontaneously being deployed via parachute with any 'player' calling for any vehicle.

That's it for now. I will come back with any others we can come up with.

Thanks for the great work.

1 hour ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Hi Code34,

We have been playing the latest beta, here's some feedback...

1. Players seem to be moving much faster than previous versions and vanilla ARMA. This is in all movement speeds, walk, jog, sprint.

2. I'm not sure the no fatigue parameter is working correctly and may be related to 1. I would prefer leaving fatigue be left at default vanilla.

3. Made a copy of the mission for the ProvingGrounds in CUP Terrains and many of the red zones ended up outside of the detailed terrain. I'm pretty sure this is party because it's such a small terrain, lots of fun though.

4. Noticed that sometimes enemy and friendly helos were spontaneously being deployed via parachute with any 'player' calling for any vehicle.

That's it for now. I will come back with any others we can come up with.

Thanks for the great work.

1.  Yes thats true....

2 Defently not...... please let us have the choice to not  use this extremly bad swaying...... ( I think its even unrealistic if you not like  running 5km+ FOR AN TRAINED SOLDIER)

Its great for me .... and the cooldown parameter is cool thx for that!  but  two things are missing ....  maybe even three.. 1st.   Earplugs. defently...  2nd. Vehicle rearm.  3th. maybe if you dont mind a parameter to disable the get oneshoted out of vehicles because if you have only 2 teammates and want to provide like airsupport or groundsupport (tank)  and get so easy killed with one missle...... please cosider that)

Thx for your Mod/Mission

1 hour ago, MrFies said:

1.  Yes thats true....

2 Defently not...... please let us have the choice to not  use this extremly bad swaying...... ( I think its even unrealistic if you not like  running 5km+ FOR AN TRAINED SOLDIER)

Its great for me .... and the cooldown parameter is cool thx for that!  but  two things are missing ....  maybe even three.. 1st.   Earplugs. defently...  2nd. Vehicle rearm.  3th. maybe if you dont mind a parameter to disable the get oneshoted out of vehicles because if you have only 2 teammates and want to provide like airsupport or groundsupport (tank)  and get so easy killed with one missle...... please cosider that)

Thx for your Mod/Mission

I was referring to fatigue not weapon sway.

hi !

1- is that a problem ? I increased the movement speed cause i thought the game was too slow. In next release, I add a turbo parameter in lobby to turn it on / off

2- i check but it s not relative to 1. I think BIS has changed the fatigue system, cause i test it on a vanilla mission. It seems to works same, we still runing slower but running when we are fatigue. Can you test it from your side, and confirm it ?

3 - i think this is because there is an error in map .Normaly map should declare their size, and this should not give the correct size. Same thing when square are not align with the square on map, this because map doesnt begin at 0,0 position but -100,-200 etc.

4- not sure to understand can you give me more details ? since last version the bonus vehicle are paradrop instead poping before on middle of the field. Is it betteR ?

5- i will look for earplugs

6- i will look for vehicle rearm but where put it ? perhaps at the same place of mission "bring a truck blabl"

7- for tank, i have to think about it

5 hours ago, code34 said:

hi !

1- is that a problem ? I increased the movement speed cause i thought the game was too slow. In next release, I add a turbo parameter in lobby to turn it on / off

2- i check but it s not relative to 1. I think BIS has changed the fatigue system, cause i test it on a vanilla mission. It seems to works same, we still runing slower but running when we are fatigue. Can you test it from your side, and confirm it ?

3 - i think this is because there is an error in map .Normaly map should declare their size, and this should not give the correct size. Same thing when square are not align with the square on map, this because map doesnt begin at 0,0 position but -100,-200 etc.

4- not sure to understand can you give me more details ? since last version the bonus vehicle are paradrop instead poping before on middle of the field. Is it betteR ?

5- i will look for earplugs

6- i will look for vehicle rearm but where put it ? perhaps at the same place of mission "bring a truck blabl"

7- for tank, i have to think about it

7.    I mean specific for small helicopters like Pawnee..

1 hour ago, MrFies said:

7.    I mean specific for small helicopters like Pawnee..

i dont understand what do you mean ?

you get killed to fast with  missle like in tank.......

vehicle is still alive but you (soldier) will get killed

Hi code34,

I've had a chance to try it out only briefly so far...

Thanks for the turbo parameter.

I've noticed on most terrains that the mission seems to avoid urban areas when creating AO zones. So, for example, on Zargabad, the vast majority of the time when the mission starts the vast majority of the zones are just open desert. Is that intentional and is it modifiable? Or, is it just a result of the way the script searches for viable areas?

Also noticed that on some terrains in the CUP Terrains pack the mission does not work at all, for example Evernon or Malden. And in some cases the mission while it does eventually work on a particular terrain, needs to be started several times before it fully works and you are presented with the opening menu.

In general, really liking the changes.

nice improvement so far, here are some feedbacks ;-)

~ the view distance parameter is a nice addition. It would be better to put it into 3 parameters, on foot / driver / pilot, and in my opinion, the lobby view distance should be the maximum value instead, then allow each player to change them on the fly for themselves within the lobby limit. (not everyone has very good PC) There is no need to force on all since this is not a PvP mission.

~ the side mission markers might needed some differences. different markers for different types of mission would be better.

~ earplugs need some notification (hint on/off), or may be displayed on hud that it is on/off. dynamic roll menu would do too (Put on Earplugs / Remove Earplugs).

~ adding garrisons AI would made clearing town sectors more interesting. Not just empty buildings for players to take cover in.

~ Air Drop could use some kind of broadcasting to all players, maybe displaying in command channel etc. (dropping what at which sector)

~ add a parameter to turn the enemy nametag off would be nice.

keep the improvement coming ;) you are doing a great work.

hi!

thank you for you full feedbacks report. I will work on them on next release.

@tuskegee for all maps, all areas are random :) it s why sometime you could have area in deserts or towns.If you have a map with 80% of desert, you are more likely to have desert.

For maps who dont work it s because the map are missconfigured, like missing some standard entrie in it configfile.

The best way to fix it, it s to report the missing entrie (certainly mapSize entrie) to the mod autor.

_size = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");