Sign in to follow this  
GAMEER_77

The watch

Ok, this is one of these posts that im not sure which forum it should be in, but its more of a techy thing so:

Because of my crap graphics card, im limited too 16bit colour. This causes problems in OFP, tearing etc. But what gets me most is the fact that the watch doesnt work sad.gif

But surprisingly, the compass works, and i assume that they are both basically the same thing. So why does the compass work and the Watch doesnt. (I can't see the hands on the watch)

I presume this is because its 16 bit, and don't say "get a new graphics card" cause stupid intel stuck the damn thing on my board!

LONG SHOT: If possible to fix maybe it could be put in the new patch confused.gif

Otherwise, well, does anyone know a fix? I have a damn stupid intel 82810 Graphics controller wow.gif

Thanks

mad.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 24 2002,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a damn stupid intel 82810 Graphics controller<span id='postcolor'>

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Even if your system has an integrated Intel 82810 graphics controller you can still add a PCI-based graphics card to your system and get better graphics. Both ATI and NVIDIA have decent mid-range cards that can be had for under US$100.

I did buy a new Graphics Card, never worked though. It had the whole compatibilty issue crap (Triangles across the screen and so on...). And no, there is no option to disable it in the bios.

Besides, i dont think it works with OFP (Hercules Prophet 4000)

And Avon, that was pretty low of you! sad.gif

mad.gif PEACE

Hmm, I have an Nvidia card and if I switch to 16bit mode I still see the watch hands... T&L mode. I don't see the date though. With stuff like that happening I wonder how much can be done to fix this.

Good luck anyway

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 24 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HAHA! You didn't know how to disarm the bomb!  bootyshake.gif<span id='postcolor'>

cry.gif

The Intel810 Graphics card has 4MB or *MB onboard doesn't it? I'm not sure, but its not enough to run OFP effectively.

Check out:

Pricewatch.com

You can get a new (and affordable) PCI or APG graphics card.

Hell, you can even get yourself a new motherboard and processor for under US$200! biggrin.gif

MJM

biggrin.gif

Don't you turn on the water works with me young lady!

Anyways, i guess it might be a problem with my hardware then. It's annoying though, you don't know how lucky you people are with your swanky watches!

(Yes, i do have the latest drivers)

tounge.gif OCH!

Avon next time you spam in the TS forum you will be banned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 24 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon next time you spam in the TS forum you will be banned.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't see spam anywhere here. My pic reply was legitimate, IMO.

What's eating you boys lately?

He posted a serious question asking for help, you simply mocked his graphics card, if you can't help in a TS thread you shouldn't post, that's spamming, for which you've been warned, spamming in a TS thread is the worst kind of spamming, he's here looking for help not looking to be laughed at because of his video card.

You will probably enjoy your OFP on a new system. Shop around, you can find a motherboard, CPU, Video Card for under $500. Of course the fun part is putting it all together.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 24 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He posted a serious question asking for help, you simply mocked his graphics card<span id='postcolor'>

That was serious mocking - not spam! mad.gifbiggrin.gif

Nuff's nuff.

ITs got dynamic data memory or some crap, it can get up to 32mb using your RAM( I have 320 ram though, but i ain't looking to buy any new stuff at the moment, i know nothing about installing motherboards and such like, only RAM and A graphics card.

So no more get this one from this place, please. Maybe later but not just now tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He posted a serious question asking for help, you simply mocked his graphics card, if you can't help in a TS thread you shouldn't post, that's spamming, for which you've been warned, spamming in a TS thread is the worst kind of spamming, he's here looking for help not looking to be laughed at because of his video card.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Mods, that was pretty damn low avon lady, it hurts a lad cause OFP'll be the last thing ill be able to run decently on my computer.

confused.gif PEACE

Gameer, i suggest you save up those penny's and invest in a new motherboard. Just take your computer to a good computer store and have them install it for you, leave all the worry to them.

Just make sure you invest in a motherboard which doesn't have an onboard graphics chip, and if possible no onboard audio either (system resource hungry) although you will have to buy a sound card as a replacement (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 are going for very cheap now and are also an excellent and trustworthy card.)

Anyway good luck with OpFlash, i just upgraded my PC a few days ago (New GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and a 2ghz P4) and it is like i'm playing an entirely different game. Good Stuff!

Cheers.

If you can't afford a new rig, I would suggest you check if you have an AGP-slot on your motherboard. If you do, the I'd suggest you go out and buy a new vid-vard for starters.

I recomend a GF4-Ti card. If you are planning on buying a new computer later then you could still keep the Ge-Force and put it to good use in the new rig smile.gif

PLEASE, PLACEBO, DO NOT IMPLY THAT AVON COULD BE INHIBITED FROM ENLIGHTENING US.

I'M SURE THAT SHE NOW UNDERSTANDS ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS AND IS SORRY TO GAMEER 77.

Adoy there was no need for you to make a post, also don't post in caps and bold thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ITs got dynamic data memory or some crap, it can get up to 32mb using your RAM( I have 320 ram though, but i ain't looking to buy any new stuff at the moment, i know nothing about installing motherboards and such like, only RAM and A graphics card.

So no more get this one from this place, please. Maybe later but not just now

<span id='postcolor'>

Ahem...I appreciate all your advice and all, but im in no state to upgrade my computer at the moment. I feel OFP runs well enough on the computer i have.

When OFP2 comes out on the other hand, ill just have to curl up and die! cry.gif

Cheers

wow.gif PEACE