Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Pick 4 (ONLY) Ranged Firearms you expect to make an Appearance in Marksman!

I think they will make new weapons. I mean all the old weapons form A2 are avaible for the modders to port over so why would they take those weapons when they allready "released them" in a sense. no if they wan't to make something usefull for this DLC they will have to do it from scratch

Precisely... But just because they released the source files, doesn't mean that they wouldn't make a higher quality port Officially. For example, the FV-Mora, the Gorgon, the Hellcat, the Buzzard, almost every single one of those is from the ACR DLC from Arma 2. The Hellcat came from BAF, and so did the FV-Mora. If they did it with vehicles, they could do it with weapons, but of course, that wouldn't be without the entire community reacting negatively towards such a decision. But, it's a new DLC, so you never know. My best bet would be new stuff, and that's where i hope i'm right.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

All I want for Christmas, is proper bolt action functionality. :)

Please BI, GEIF.

This, is a good point. This and a new walking animation may possibly been taken as features for the Marksman DLC, which would be really cool. I would hate to have the bolt of my rifle automatically cycling, as it does now with the .408 LRR.

One of my biggest hesitations about using ported weapons vehicles and maps, Is we've all played them for ages on Arma 2 and older, Kinda looking to see what new content becomes available.

Don't jinx it. Then again if BI wanted to they would probably give civilians/AAF the CZ-750 from te Czech DLC, so. But let's hope for new, awesome looking content. Great choices so far guys.

CZ-750? That thing is like a sniper rifle. What we need is a good old wooden stocked .308 hunting rifle.

And whatever happens, I too would really like to see manual bolt cycling. Both in the animation and perhaps controls.

It might seem silly to have to press a button to cycle the bolt, but think about how annoying it would be to happen automatically. You shouldn't have to scope out to cycle the bolt - it's possible to do while aiming down the sights in real life, it just jars your view through the scope quite a bit. And it shouldn't happen as soon as you fire, because then you can't watch your target for the impact. Having a keybind of some sort (whether it's the reload key or a new binding) is the only logical solution.

Edited by the_Demongod

Exactly, thanks. (I was too lazy to put the pictures)

They should call it "Tactical Marksman Operator DLC" but I still don't know if it's gonna be about DMR or Bolt Action rifles.

Like I Said it's gonna be more about the module than the weapons, because you can bring those with addons.

I think we can expect something huge about BIS, like a modular system where you can change calibers and everything, just like the rifles you mentioned.

Maybe... If this is the case, isn't it more likely that these rifles will have variants like the Taru instead of a modular system?

Maybe... If this is the case, isn't it more likely that these rifles will have variants like the Taru instead of a modular system?

They're different I think. The Taru can't be modular because you can't change the physics properties of the vehicles on the fly. But we already have suppressors that can affect bullet performance, so I think it would be possible to have this level of modularity be included.