Sign in to follow this  
Spitfire

Excellent voice-command software: shoot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 23 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very well, ill just start up the engine on my modem. sad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Just don't SHOOT me if you hate it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 23 2002,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very well, ill just start up the engine on my modem. sad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL, that's a good one...

Just get Shoot first, run it and see if it works, if not you have to get the Net framework and the voice recognition. I think it's DEFINATELY worth a try.

I played a little yesterday and the only thing that bothers me is I am faster at the keyboard than this thing is in picking up my voice... but what the hell, it's more realistic. I could play around with the recognition precision bar to see if it speeds up.

Gotta re-teach my voice as "F ten" get's picked up with random noise sometimes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 23 2002,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played a little yesterday and the only thing that bothers me is I am faster at the keyboard than this thing is in picking up my voice... but what the hell, it's more realistic.  I could play around with the recognition precision bar to see if it speeds up.

Gotta re-teach my voice as "F ten" get's picked up with random noise sometimes.<span id='postcolor'>

I designed my template so that there are only a few phrases beginning with the same word. When it comes to recognizing "engage" from "engage at will" it will keep a short pause after "engage" before it realizes that there are no more words following. Otherwise it reacts very fast to commands.

Once you get it up and running and recognizing with 100% accuracy you should crank up the speech response time up  about to 3/4. That's how it works for me.

edit:

Maybe you are talking too slow wink.gif

It differs greatly from other speech progs in the way that you can speak as you do in your everyday life. You don't have to keep pauses between words. It knows very well what you are trying to say.

I use Microsoft Game voice and really like it for OFP. I have all the radio commands programed. If you have Game Voice and need profiles for it go to:

Game Voice Club and you can download profiles by the dozens. wink.gif

I tried it and it says "A required .DLL file, MSCOREE.DLL, was not found.". I presume this is for MS Frameworks, yes?

Oh, yeh, what is MS Frameworks?

(25% done now for each proggy! sad.gif this better be worth it! mad.giftounge.gif )

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 23 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tried it and it says "A required .DLL file, MSCOREE.DLL, was not found.". I presume this is for MS Frameworks, yes?

Oh, yeh, what is MS Frameworks?

(25% done now for each proggy! sad.gif this better be worth it! mad.gif  tounge.gif )

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, that's for .NET Frameworks all right. I suggest keeping the SAPI SDK on hold for the moment and downloading Frameworks first. Then try it again so you can see if you really need to download the SAPI at all!

Mmmmmk, i've downloaded it and installed it (Takes a long time), but its still not working. I presume i need that other thing too, yes.

Error: "Application has generated and exceptional fault that could not be handled:

Proccess id=(A load of numbers and letters here), Thread id=(a load of numbers and letters here)"

What does MS Frameworks do exactly? confused.gif Same goes for that other thing, whats that do?

wow.gif PEACE

Buhuuuu

Downloaded and installed both. Then this morning i tried starting my computer... NO GO!!!

Its not working, tried everything, not even win XP repair works! I cant get to DOS and format the god damn thing, and winxp wont install again due to some weird error!!

BUHUUUUU!

/me heading off to bootdisk.com to see if that will work...

Im on my laptop right now

GAMEER i have exactly the same problem, i have officeXP and the whole voice thing installed, downloaded the frameworks and such but that nasty little error comes up.

I have ME, i downloaded the english frameworks, it took its time to install, but it done it in the end.

Now i hear about poor espectro over there, im not progressing until im sure this wont f**k up my computer.

Can someone please tell me what each of these programs do?

Thanks

P.S I really want to try something like this, if this doesn't work then does anyone know of any other proggy's like this? I tried to D/L the free version of Game commander or something, but i still aint got no e-mail...

sad.gif PEACE

I had to install win98 to backup some of my things on another partition, then format it and now im installing winxp... what a pain...

//Edit, i did try the program and it worked the whole day, im not 100% sure if it was that install that did it... ANyway, it works great, and its never been so fun, effective and realistic to comman your squad.

Plus the fact that i got to read the wizard of oz on the voice-training thingy biggrin.gif

Anyone having problems, try reading through THIS thread of Frugalsworld Falcon 4 board. The author has answered some troubleshooting issues there.

So do you think it'd be safe to install it then? confused.gif

I will get in deep shit if i f**k up this computer.

sad.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 24 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So do you think it'd be safe to install it then?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Installing microsoft stuff is never safe tounge.gif

Bleh i tried everything there other than downloading the huge SAPI considering i already have the one that is with office XP. Doesnt work confused.gif

Damn, stupid ol' me started downloading a SR.msi file instead of the 68mb! SpeechSdk5.1.

Jesus joe-nay, macaroni! tounge.gif

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 24 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, stupid ol' me started downloading a SR.msi file instead of the 68mb! SpeechSdk5.1.

Jesus joe-nay, macaroni!  tounge.gif

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

Remember to download the service pack 2 for the SAPI SDK too.

I read some of the FrugalsWorld posts and it seems that uninstalling and re-installing the SDK has worked for some. Microsoft works in mysterious ways wink.gif

Kegetys, you're absolutely right. I'm not a fan of MS either but every now and then they manage to make decent products, such as their top of the line speech recognition and Flight Simulator 2002!

What? More? Sorry man, but i can't be doing with all this. Jeez, and i ain't gonna risk duffing up my computer over this. Is there any other free program i can try, just to see what its like...

sad.gif PEACE

After a reformat - reinstalling win98 for backups, formatting win98 installing xp, installing all shoot, download the microsoft thingy (both), installing office 2k installing ofp downloadding patches, installing ressistance, download addons.... I am once again ready to use this software, and now it works!!!

weeeee

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Sep. 24 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bleh i tried everything there other than downloading the huge SAPI considering i already have the one that is with office XP. Doesnt work  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You only have it if you have chosen to install the component when installing Office XP. You might want to change the Office installation and see if it allows you to install SAPI again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 25 2002,11:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After a reformat - reinstalling win98 for backups, formatting win98 installing xp, installing all shoot, download the microsoft thingy (both), installing office 2k installing ofp downloadding patches, installing ressistance, download addons.... I am once again ready to use this software, and now it works!!!

weeeee<span id='postcolor'>

Some people seem to have the right perseverance for a certain cause smile.gif. I hope it was worth the fuzz.

Only problem is that the system seem to stop working after a period of time, it just wont accept my voice, it thinkgs the capslock is is pressed down all the time sad.gif

Ive been e-mailing the guy and he said there will hopefully be a fix for this in a version 1.6 which will be out shortly smile.gif

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 25 2002,16wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only problem is that the system seem to stop working after a period of time, it just wont accept my voice, it thinkgs the capslock is is pressed down all the time sad.gif

Ive been e-mailing the guy and he said there will hopefully be a fix for this in a version 1.6 which will be out shortly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know the problem and it's been fixed in 1.6 which is about to be released anytime soon. I'm testing the 1.6 right now and it works.

I had the option to install it with office (i also tried the dictation and word commands inside word so it does work) I then tried uninstalling office and only installing the speech components etc. Still no go