Sign in to follow this  
dr death jm

updated fixed gcam

this is an older version of gcam fixed for a3..

key + bisign included.

if a mission maker would rather use in mission as script (not as addon).

put #include "freeCam\gcam_component.hpp" in your description folder

add gcams init to any init in mission.

ie: server/client/player/admin

key m for g cam map, click on any maker to view or click key L to bring up players list

(click name you want to spectate),

space bar brigs up dialog to close g cam...

4qkeox.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o36tswbu6v26ezu/%40gcam.rar?dl=0

Edited by Dr Death JM
  • Like 1

I was wondering what was updated/fixed in this version compared to what was published by presstync (via Gigan) on Armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23296). I feel like the mod was pretty great already, but seemed to suffer in multiplayer when following vehicles. Namely that helicopters would stutter and shake as the camera had difficulty determining their positions. Any chance this fix addresses that?

• Like 1

sorry for late response , I don't know if it fixed the stutter , and link is dead because somome eles I belive updated it also .. mine was an older vision that included all working things, as addon or script, if you still want it pm me , ill see if I can locate it.

Is there anyone out there that would be able to fix this mod (ie the stutter when following vechiles), this mod seems to be of interest to the cinematic people of Arma, it would be even more popular if it actually worked (the mod actually works great but with the stutter issue it is almost unusable/ pointless)....I was even considering something like they done with the 'arma not war'....where Id hold an event on my website where people could donate some cash and the cash would go to who ever fix's this mod....I know there's people out there offering to pay for this mod, Id just need to generate some interest and get the right people noticing it....it just annoys me so much, there's so much Id love to do with this mod myself, with out it, it would be neat impossible to get some of those shots!

Sorry for necro, but is there a way to make GCam work with CBA enabled?

Looked lots of places - no joy.

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up the G Cam  mod to function with a controller? I have tried changing every part in the Arma 3 controller section but it does not work. I ended up extracting the G Cam Pbo and found a keybind section, however, I do not know how to add the analog sticks or buttons over to that config file. I barely could find some virtual codes for a normal keyboard and even those dont actually match up with the default keybindings of the G Cam config file.

Here is a part of the default config:

// Camera Move Front ( default : 17 )
#define KEYMOVEFRONT 17

// Camera Move Back ( default : 31 )
#define KEYMOVEBACK 31

// Camera Move Left ( default : 30 )
#define KEYMOVELEFT 30

// Camera Move Right ( default : 32 )
#define KEYMOVERIGHT 32

// Camera Move Up ( default : 16 )
#define KEYMOVEUP 16

// Camera Move Down ( default : 44 )
#define KEYMOVEDOWN 44

// Camera Move Straight Front ( default : 3 )
#define KEYMOVESTRFRONT 3

// Camera Move Straight Back ( default : 45 )
#define KEYMOVESTRBACK 45

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? I would really like to have smooth analog controls while using G Cam for those nice shots. Any help appreciated!