Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Information about ARMA3 MODULES

There are some many new Modules for ARMA3. I don't fully understand how most of them work or how to set them up in a mission. I looking for explanation on use and setup of them. Thank you Avibird.

I was trying to port some of my favorite scripts from ARMA2 but some of them need a function module but ARMA3 does not have in the list?

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Depends on the mod you are trying to use, all mods install the same, you have a folder @mod, with a folder inside titled addons, with .pbo and .bisign files inside.

The @mod goes into that arma3 directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

If a mod has a userconfig included then that also needs to go to the same place.

Gameplay mods that change aspects of the effects or features are automatic which means really nothing for you to do but play the game,

so for example a gameplay feature mod can be enhance ballistics, the ballistics change about it, difference is more realistic ballistics, other mods like Blastcore

change the dust, smoke, particle effects for explosions, and impacts, so here again nothing for you to do but play and enjoy.

then you have mods that have adjustbale features where you can turn on and off features in the game like the AGM mod.

Units, weapons, and vehicles (tanks, planes) are mods that basically are adding new soldiers, weapons, tanks, or planes to the game, those are normally

seen through the editor when you look at the list under their given factions.

other mods are conversion mods where the whole game is dedicated to that war genre, like a WW2 mod, or vietnam mod, or an Iraq war mod, so these mods add units,

weapons, vehicles, and whatever else as well as various factions (countries) to play with, all these are found in the editor and some mods have included missions.

another type of mods add modules to the game where they are used in the editor, so you place a module in the editor in your mission and you have

an addition feature such as AI artillery, or spawned units, ect,.

But what mods/scripts specifically were you having trouble with or dont understand how to implement or use in the game?

Gunter Serverloh (: I know about community mod's and I know that some Mod with add new MODULES to the game for example MCC. I am talking about the bohemia ingame MODULES (vanilla modules). They have added a lot more and I have no really clue how or when to use them. I watch some videos and the module list is different from some of the alpha and beta versions of the game. I read somewhere that some of the MODULES did not work and some where taking out before the real game come out. I am looking for a small explanation on use and setup of them. I wish bohemia would give the documentation on use like our mod community provides us (:

You don't need a functions module in A3, it's included by default.

As for setup, there are some good tutorials on YouTube.

Search for "pickinthatbanjo" for starters.

If you go to place a module via F7, you can see the show info in the bottom right hand corner of the module editing menu, that will help you understand how to set them up with the other modules/triggers/objects/etc.

As far as what each particular module does, you will just need to ask based on the modules your unsure of.