hdchristopher

Can't load image from file 'P:\': file does not exist

When I try to generate the layers in Terrain Builder I am having this issue:

Can't load image from file 'P:\': file does not exist.

Layers generation - PNGOVerlapV3Style.cpp bool V3PictureDataMod::LoadFromFile( const char* filename = "P:\" ) Unable to open the image file.

Layers generation - Unable to load the file "P:\".

I also get this error:

Rvmat conf - LayerRvmatCFG.cpp bool CLayerRvmatCFG::Open( const char* filename = "p:\ofc\fiji\data\gdt_strbeach.rvmat" ) Source file cannot be opened...

Rvmat conf - LayerRvmatCFG.cpp bool CLayerRvmatCFG::Open( const char* filename = "p:\ofc\fiji\data\gdt_strgreengrass.rvmat" ) Source file cannot be opened...

Rvmat conf - LayerRvmatCFG.cpp bool CLayerRvmatCFG::Open( const char* filename = "p:\ofc\fiji\data\gdt_stony.rvmat" ) Source file cannot be opened...

Rvmat conf - LayerRvmatCFG.cpp bool CLayerRvmatCFG::Open( const char* filename = "p:\ofc\fiji\data\gdt_concrete.rvmat" ) Source file cannot be opened...

Everything appears to be setup correctly. This is a fresh install.

This error occurs with both Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit.

It only started after the last update.

I already said that in an older topic about that issue, but gonna repeat.

I do have the same problem as well.

I was following GToF's FSF_CALIVIGNY tutorial, everything worked perfectly. In the beginning I had only one material (gdt_strbeach_co) in data folder and .cfg file and my mask layer was entirely yellow. Back then I was able to generate layers and to see sand texture in bulldozer. However when I added 4 more materials to .cfg and data folder, and re-painted the mask layer with additional colors, I started to get the same message, it wont let me generate layers anymore.. I rolled back a few steps(1 colored mask layer, 1 material in data folder and config)but the error was the same. Then I performed a clean install, made entirely new terrain, but I still get the same thing...

Any advice?

Thank you

Thank you Christopher, the strange thing is that it all worked fine for me, today in the morning.. But maybe you are right.

I just got the same error. TB was working just fine and suddenly it wont generate layers with new .rvmat files any more. Is there any fix yet?

Edited by Tonto-

I think there's no fix yet.. If there is please let me know..

Guys, I finally got mine to work. It apparently was my layer.cfg file. I copied and pasted someone's cfg from the internet to use as a template for mine, and I guess the file

has some hidden characters or something that causes TB to act out. So I just created a new one and typed in all the same info from the template and it worked fine. I hope this helps you both out.

Cheers hdchristopher, it worked for me too. Resolveddd

There was something wrong with my layers.cfg too, but after making new one, the error just changed to another. :D So my TB still won't open layers.cfg. So far i've tried everything between reinstall to new P-drive..

Thanks for help!

EDIT: False alarm. Did not resolve my problem. :(

16:00:39: Can't load image from file 'P:\': file does not exist.

16:00:39: Layers generation - PNGOVerlapV3Style.cpp bool V3PictureDataMod::LoadFromFile( const char* filename = "P:\" ) Unable to open the image file.

16:00:39: Layers generation - Unable to load the file "P:\".

Edited by Tonto-

i had the same problem and after hours of trying around i found what seems to be the problem :)

can you all confirm that all the textures you use are saved as .paa and that the directory in your rvmat files also points to the .paa files?

if so, that seems to be the problem. i change the entries in my rvmat to .png instead of .paa and of course saved the textures themselves as png files.

then i started terrain builder again, did the whole processing stuff again (be sure to have "convert exported textures into *.paa files" checked) and be happy with the result :)

as i am fairly new to mapping myself, i would appreciate it if you could tell me if that works for you, or if it was just a coincidence on my end...

No I have never done that. My textures have always been .paa and my rvmats point to them.

Not sure why that worked for you, but as long as it did, I'm happy for ya. :)

the same here, everything worked with paa's and then suddenly stopped.

make a save copy and give it a try, it's a work of 10 minutes...

btw, after i found that solution i found a tutorial where they suggest that you actually should have the textures as png first...

Tonto-

Can you post your layers.cfg contents and let us look at them, maybe we can help.

No need. :) I found the reason for that error. Problem seemed to be in cfgSurfacec.hpp and it finally disappeared after creating new .hpp. Don't know if there was a typos or hidden characters too, but it was a template file as well.

Once again, thanks for helping!

Edited by Tonto-

Tonto...it isn't about you..its about everyone else who has this problem :D like me!

Yesterday evening i was working with a tutorial -> everything worked perfectly. Now today i wanted to try somethin own, two small islands in a sea (2048²).

But now, when i try to generate the layers..i get the problem everyone here got:

15:06:37: Can't load image from file 'P:\': file does not exist.

15:06:37: Layers generation - PNGOVerlapV3Style.cpp bool V3PictureDataMod::LoadFromFile( const char* filename = "P:\" ) Unable to open the image file.

15:06:37: Layers generation - Unable to load the file "P:\".

I know that i tried to add a third material to my layers.cfg..and i think, maybe thats what crashed it.

Here's my layers.cfg:

class Layers

{

class abc_samplemap_rock

{

texture = "JonInsel\data\middle_mco.paa";

material = "JonInsel\data\abc_samplemap_rock.rvmat";

};

class abc_sampleMap_grass_green

{

texture = "JonInsel\data\middle_mco.paa";

material = "JonInsel\data\abc_samplemap_grass_green.rvmat";

};

class gdt_beach

{

texture = "JonInsel\data\gdt_beach_co.paa";

material = "JonInsel\data\gdt_beach.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="JonInsel\source\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

abc_samplemap_rock[]={{106,88,68}};

abc_samplemap_grass_green[]={{97,165,22}};

gdt_beach[]={{230,230,120}}

};

I didn't touch anything other..so PLEASE help an ambitious a®mateur :/

greetz, Don!

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT! You are NOT allowed to write captial letters in your layers.cfg. Without them it works...more or less..well at least, this error goes away! ;)

Edited by ItsDonJon

You forgot the semicolon on the line:

gdt_beach[]={{230,230,120}};

I know this is late, but I was just having the same issue, happen to notice you made the same error I did. Put the semicolon in and it fixed my problem.