Sign in to follow this  
shindigero

Can't See Server After Adding Mods

Just wondering if anyone can help me out, I'm trying to get a server going for my friends and I've hit yet another wall. I've never done this sort of thing before so I apologise if there is an obvious flaw in what I've done :)

I've just spent the weekend uploading our mod collection onto the server. I uploaded them in the @cba @bwa3 etc. folder format from My documents:

http://i.imgur.com/9EapbXT.png (186 kB)

I then added a custom commandline:

0yQGmYh.png

Now if i select that commandline and restart the server I cannot see it in the server list. If i revert to the original commandline I can see it and join it. Have I done something wrong in the way I installed the mods or made the custom commandline?

On top of this if I use the default commandline, join the server, and attempt to start one of my custom missions (that worked fine before installing the mods) it refuses to go to the role selection screen and kicks me back to the mission selection screen. What has changed that could cause this?

Thanks in advance for any help, it will be greatly appreciated, and I once again apologise for my wide-eyed innocence

RPT file will tell you what you have done wrong.

-exthtreads=7 is a client setting not a server setting

if you cant figure the issue out in the rpt file, then......

start wth a vanilla install, then

add 1 mod folder, test and prove, then add another mod folder until you find the issue

1st mod folder should be @CBA_A3

I personally would run the following as my base addon pack

@CBA_A3;@Alive;@AGM and if you have a teamspeak server, then also @TFAR

then really look into the quality and content of the others and think about what they actually add to the game

"All that shines isn't gold"

Edited by Terox

Find out the IP of the server and remote to it in the mp lobby. If the server is up it never fails to see it when remoting

In that 2nd screenshot, make sure the -mod= is not - mod= as it looks.

As Terox said post your rpt.

How do I find the server's rpt file? I've had a quick look around for it before and checked google but i can't find one.

Since getting this server I always remote to it so unfortunately I'm pretty sure its nowhere to be found in the MP lobby.

I'm almost definite that it is actually -mod=, the server has a commandline manager that you have to go through to make a new one so its automated, just a coincidental linebreak I think.

I think I'll most likely end up just having to go through and install them all more methodically in a few weeks, I've been in a race against time to try to get this done before I go on holiday on Tuesday so everyone can play in my absence, but it looks like they'll have to stick to vanilla for a while :)

your rpt file is located wherever you set the -profile

if no -profile is defined its in C:Users.... somewhere.

paste the contents to pastebin

I can see that the automated commandline manager has set -profile=DefaultServer, when I check that folder within the File Manager there's just 2 .cfg files in there, no rpts.

The only other rpts i can find are in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Arma 3, but the only ones with server in their name are from 4 month ago.

It should be in your profiles folder.. it's possible your provider forces the -noLogs parameter in TCAdmin which means it won't log stuff to RPT (but I'm 99.9% sure it still creates the file). If you still can't find it you might have to ask your provided about it.

I just opened a support ticket with the company, they recommended reinstalling the mods one at a time. When I asked how to find the rpt they said they'd get the CEO to check it out, sounds like a bigger deal than I expected it to be.

your rpt file is located wherever you set the -profile

if no -profile is defined its in C:Users.... somewhere.

As Terox said.

Plus i suggest just looking through each folder you have related to your profile, just look at everything you have. RPT if you had the server running

will generate one whether the server crashes or not, and it will say RPT you cant miss it.