Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Very low resolution PIP (Highest settings)

My PIP is very low resolution. Looks like from a 1989 computer. I remember, there was an issue with NVidia cards? Not sure. GTX-570 here with latest beta drivers. I have seen a high res pip, in a HEMTT IIRC. This is a Hunter:

2014-08-15_00001k2kk5.jpg

Latest BETA drivers? Why not the release versions?

Latest BETA drivers? Why not the release versions?

Cuz the latest betadrivers are ahead of the release versions and seldom cause any problems.

Dorph;2754360']Cuz the latest betadrivers are ahead of the release versions and seldom cause any problems.

Only current WHQL driver has higher version number and are more recent than the beta drivers.

NVidia Driver is 340.43. Hmm. Now I'll update to 340.52...

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

Same problem with driver 340.52.

HOW DO YOUR PIPs look like? There was a thread somewhere here, with exactly my problem, but I can't find it.

Edited by tortuosit

The Hunter is not as good as the rest. Its closer/large mirror is the worst. The rest of the big truck class is average, and the Strider is the best. The "quality" settings work for ViewDistance only(more detail/farther back in your mirror).

I would say your pic is worse than my pip. Like a full rez less?

Could it be that you are hitting GPU VRAM wall?

The card seems to have 1280 VRAM and Arma 3 easily goes up to 1700 MB when you crank up settings.

They reduced the quality on the pip image sometime during alpha. It used to look much better but also with a heavy toll on the fps.

Now I don't even see any difference if I switch between high and low, looks like commodore 64 regardless settings.

Try this:

Go into a vehicle that has the bad PIP quality, hold down SHIFT, press numpad - and then type FLUSH (while still holding down the shift key). Then check the PIP quality. If it is still worse right after "flushing" then it will probably not be your arma 3 hitting the VRAM roof.

no vram issue here, thats how it looks. The Hunter is just worse than the others. Bis removed all the Anti-Aliasing (and Ansio filtering?) from the pip.