ruthberg

ATragMX - Handheld ballistics calculator

I can understand why you request this, but then you could no longer use the target speed estimator of the ATragMX. At least you can not interact with the rifle, while the device is open.

Wouldn't this be the spotter's job and since a rifle has no measuring device aka laser isn't this somehow impossible? Maybe you could add this to the userconfig, even tye it to a laserdesignator and then call it singleplayer feature.

Spotter can estimate targets speed as well, as most of the spotting scopes have mil scale as well. Also there is no reason to disable it when scoped

In-game laserdesignator seems to have second focal plane reticle with MIL scale.

Edited by Arkhir

Wouldn't this be the spotter's job and since a rifle has no measuring device aka laser isn't this somehow impossible?
Yes, this would be the spotter's job. But he also needs to be able to watch the target through an optic while having the ATragMX open.

Version 0.5 Changelog:

-Fixed broken humidity input

-Default humidity setting is now 50%

-Added some checks that prevent from entering absurd data

Hey love the mod and i was testing it and getting some inconsistent results all the time like i input all the data from kestrel and calculate the FS when i finally fire i get low shots, high shots, shots to the right and to the left sometimes in the center but never a consistent grouping as it would be expected.

i am using a suit of mods AGM is one of them but no other mods affecting the ballistics of the game if you could help me fix this i would be very grateful.

Cheers from Brazil...

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@JackZaitsev, windage corrections will only work if you use it together with the AdvancedBallistics and will only be correct if you disable the wind deflection of the AGM mod. The elevation correction should be pretty accurate even if you use it together with an unmodified version of AGM.

Ye i disabled it and still the shots go sometimes higher sometimes lower there is no consistency here, don't know what am i doing wrong is there a way to test things to know whats going on?

edit: and the zero of the rifle in the ATragMX does not seem to want to stay out of the 500 default value, i change it and them when i calculate it goes back to 500 (my rifle is zeroed to 400m) and it does not seem to make a diference in the calculation it always seen to calculate based on 500m.

Edited by JackZaitsev

You can use this mission pack to analyze the bullet flight path:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181296-SP-360-Degree-Training-Course

For now you need to press "Enter" while the zero range input field is active, after you modified data in the gun column. I will maybe add an extra menu for gun data changes in the future.

Edit:

the shots go sometimes higher sometimes lower there is no consistency here
You mean when you shoot at the same target with the same setting?

Exactly. i am shooting right now and i have all the settings set up correctly and i aim at the bullseye and sometimes i get shots in a good group (i mean i understand if i don't hit the bulls every time i understand the concept of "grouping" but sometimes i don't hit the target at all with the same settings).

i am testing it right now i even disabled the bullet temperature in the config to see if that was the problem but it does not seem to have any perceivable effect in the groups.

ps: thanks for the info on the zero range stuff works and helps a lot.

ps2: sorry if i am being a moron but if the firing solution says to me to input like a 0.76 mil on the scope is there a finer adjustment so i can do that or i can only go in 1/10 increments?

You have to round to the next 1/10 increment. I will maybe allow different scope turret systems in the future, but you won't get much more precise than 0.1 milliradian.

It would help a lot if you could find out which feature of AdvancedBallistics causes the trouble for you. Just to make sure, are you using the latest version v1.2?

Yes i only tested with the latest update and i am using the mission that you provided to test the features, gonna do more testing tonight with a friend and i report the results tomorrow but i am almost sure that the problem is in the user end of things cause you know i dont have much experience with the mod...

cheers mate and thanks for the responses...

By the way, this may be common knowledge but I just found this and it is immensely helpful. I wasn't familiar with ATrag before so while the video demos posted so far did help me with how to enter information, I didn't really understand all the subtleties. This helps with that and also demonstrates how well it is modeled. Good job Ruthberg

Tested it more this night i disabled all the other mods i was running and left only AB, Kestrel and the ATrag, what looks like its happening is the parameters are changing all the time so its almost impossible to make an accurate first shot at any range, i tested everything in the 360 training map provided i used the bullet cam to folow the impacts and after calculating everything at 450 metters i get shots to the right, high an low to the target i spent a couple of magazines testing this and never got a accurate prediction from the atrag. Of course i still think the problem is in my end cause i watched the video of you demoing the software and it worked but i can't seen to find a solution to my problem.

Will make some more tests tonight after my gf finishes with the pc but sincerely i dont know what else to do.

Is there a way to like lock the weather of the game so it never changes? That way i could test the consistency of the shots without having to worry about changing parameters.

Ps: i am using trixie recon pack with some new scopes and rifles but i ran my tests on the .408 tha comes with the vanila game so i dont think the problem is there now if i use the lets say m24 tha comes with the pack would it work normaly? I mean the balistics should cause it uses the 7x62 round right?

Again i am so sorry to botter you like this but i really wanted this to work as a sucker for realistic long range shooting i got super exited when i discovered this mods.

Is there a way to like lock the weather of the game so it never changes? That way i could test the consistency of the shots without having to worry about changing parameters.
You could use the debug console to disable the advanced ballistics features one by one.

AB_WindEnabled = false;
AB_SpinDriftEnabled = false;
AB_CoriolisEnabled = false;
AB_EoetvoesEnabled = false;
AB_AdvancedAirDrag = false;
AB_TransonicRegionEnabled = false;
AB_MilTurretsEnabled = false;
AB_AmmoTemperatureEnabled = false;
AB_BulletTraceEnabled = false;
AB_MirageEnabled = false;
AB_ReducedPrecision = false;

Edit 1: I found a bug, that might be the reason for your trouble. Thanks a lot for bringing this up.

Edit 2: I fixed it.

Version 0.6 Changelog:

-Fixed muzzle velocities being read incorrectly from the configuration classes

Edited by Ruthberg

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 0.7 Changelog:

-Added 5 ATragMX units to the NATO support box (Box_NATO_Support_F)

Hi Ruthberg :)

is this Ballistics calculator really based on Horus AtragMX in term of the mathematical equation? does this mod really utilize the real algorithm which being used by real AtragMX? in short words, can i use this mod for the real life shooting?

i have Shooter and Applied Ballistics (with Bryan Litz's algorithm) on my smartphone, will this mod be as accurate as them?

and can i use my own solvers to generate firing solution for your Advanced Ballistics mod?

in short words, can i use this mod for the real life shooting?
I would not recommend doing it. But you could get pretty close by calculating an airFriction value for your bullet and then using it as C1 coefficient in the ATragMX Addon.

What are classnames for ATagMX and Kestrel? I'd like to ad them to my loadouts. Btw if usin AGM what should I delete - Agm ballistics.pbo or Agm Win pbo. or both?

The class names are: "ATragMX" and "Kestrel4500".

I think you only have to remove agm_wind.pbo

I guess the ATragMX needs an update to match the changes made in version 16 and 17 of the advanced ballistics mod but I guess that you are aware of that.

Version 0.8 Changelog:

-Added support for AdvancedBallistics v1.7 and newer (G1 Ballistic Coefficients)

-You can now add and remove, as well as load and save gun profiles

-You can now use the left/right buttons on the PDA to change the target slot

The gun list now works pretty much as described in the official manual.

Range Card output performance and quality will improve greatly in the next update.

Edited by Ruthberg