Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

The story

I for one will thoroughly enjoy to once again whooping some virtual Soviet szhopa (I have no clue how to spell it).  You Russians are the greatest bad guys of all time, c'mon admit it, be proud.  Screw terrorists as the new modern bad guys, they are too inferior intellectually to bear the "arch-nemesis" title.  I consider them "annoying murdering pests" rather than proper enemies.  I really miss you red bastards... Hollywood just is'nt the same anymore.  sad.gif

Lazarus_Long

Very funny smile.gif Where are you from?

I see another brainwashed man. It looks like all your education based only on Holywood films.

I'm out guys, dont see any light in the end of tunnel smile.gif

I agree with with Ralph. Now you know how us Americans feel. The cold war is over. Give up the fight. Russia even joined NATO. If people hate you they hate you. Not much you can do to fix that. In time hopefully they won't hate you but there is nothing you can do to fix that now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">call me stupid, by I don't get wat you are saying, wardog.<span id='postcolor'>

Then let me clarify my point:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your sorry ass wouldn't be here without Russia winning World War II. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ June 29 2002,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Katyn.

The people who did that were never brought to book, unlike the Nazis. Their regime existed until Gorbachev dissolved it.

Zverushka, The Commies INVADED Poland in 1939, taking land that they'd tried to take in 1922, and got beaten. My father was unable to go home beacuse of the "help" given to Poland by the Commies. Very likely if he'd tried, he would have been arrested and shot.

Western Europe all but collapsed while Stalin waited until he could start his own war, but Germany struck first. If Britain hadn't managed to make a stand, he would have watched it all collapse, and then went in to pick up the pieces.

The Nazis attacked first. you were fighting for your lives, not the people of Eastern Europe. The Final Insult was calling your gang of puppet governments "The Warsaw Pact."

Family history.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And all that killing (which was retribution, 20 million russian civilians dying versus .5 million german civilians dying, how terrible, that evil red army.) was 50 years ago. It was quite normal in those time periods. And BTW.. the British and Americans never made civilian killings because they had no reason to hate the germans. Half their country wasn't killed. <span id='postcolor'>

At an intellectual level, it is still morally unacceptable, no matter what the loss to Russia. But at a human level it would be understandable for a common soldier to take revenge for injury done to his family. The Communist’s brutality was institutionalised, don’t try to tell me it wasn’t.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the 80s, the Red Army was far more disciplined and modern, they MOST CERTAINLY didn't kill everything in sight. <span id='postcolor'>

I wonder what happened in Czechoslovakia in 1968? With the Vietnam war in full swing, in many ways those events were somewhat overlooked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But imagine yourself, in Afghanistan, for example. In afghanistan, any "civilian" could pull a pistol on you and shoot you. Anyone, even 12 year old children could be bandits. They certainly didn't kill everything in sight, would you? But wouldn't you be suspicious? <span id='postcolor'>

Funny. If you substitute “Afghanistan†with “Vietnam,†it could be an American talking. But you bring up Vietnam as a moral failure of the US. Dual standards?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW... Russia is a far less normal country than it was in the 60s, 70s and 80s in the Soviet Union. <span id='postcolor'>

And both FLASHPOINT and RESISTANCE take place in the Eighties.  

I've said again and again there is a difference between the commies. and the Russian people. How responsible do you hold Germany for the excesses of Nazism? How responsible is Russia for the excesses of the commies? back up the thread somebody was saying "it's not our fault, it wasn't our generation." If you want to claim the triumphs of the USSR as yours, you can't deny the damage that the commies were doing at the same time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cyanide @ June 30 2002,03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The very same who invaded Poland (USSR was loyal ally to Nazi Germany) and was kiling civilians in 1939<span id='postcolor'>

What on earth are you talking about??? Go read a history book!!! "USSR an ally to Nazis" - an insult to an entire nation!<span id='postcolor'>

Not really. The was a treaty between the Hitler and Stalin (23. August 1939, in German it's called "Hitler-Stalin-Pakt") in which both countries declared never to attack each other and in which they divided the whole of northern and eastern Europe in between them. On the 28th of September (after the invasion of Poland was finished) another treaty, the German-Russian Border and Friendship Treaty followed.

The treaties divided Poland, and Russia got a free hand for Finnland and the baltic states. They also agreed not to accept any political agitation against each other in their occupied territories - thus leaving no place to hide for polish or baltic resistance fighters.

Of course neither of both sides were real allies, but only sought to secure some temporal calm on one of their frontiers. They had a comon interest at that time.

The idea for Hitler was to get a free hand in Poland without agitating Russia and to impress Great Britain and France so they might not keep the promises of protection they had made to Poland. The latter part didn't work out, as the two nations declared war the very moment Hitler entered Poland on the 1st of September 1939, but the treaty with the USSR held firmly.

And the USSR needed time to modernize their military for the inevitable conflict with the 3rd Reich, and Stalin needed a free hand in the baltic states, too.

Had Hitler not attacked the USSR, Stalin would most probably have attacked himself a few years later after catching up in the technology race. Two lunatics who had a lot in common.

There's a good caricature from 1939 ilustrating the treaty.

From a polish or baltic point of view Hitler and Stalin were in fact allies!

Hey, all of the nations involved in WWII had their shortcomings.

Russia: Shake hands with the devil then knife him when he turns his back.

USA: Maybe if we don't look at it, it will go away.

France: BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)

UK: Chamberlain era- Maybe if we feed it everything else it will eat us last.

Japan: Opportunistic imperial free-for-all.

Italy: I wanna be on the winning team!

Germany: Does it really require one of my corny one liners? C'mon. No brainer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Indychuck @ June 30 2002,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Russia even joined NATO<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, no they didn't.

Russia is only member of the UN.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cyanide @ June 30 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 29 2002,19wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont care if I get to shoot Russians, Soviet, Yanks, Czech, Turks, Greeks, Ozzies, Martians or Klingons, as long as I get to shoot someone smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

just put Brits on your list and I bet you'll think a bit different...<span id='postcolor'>

LOL Ex-Ronin is Greek you monkey wink.gif He just lives over here cos we're no longer allowed to expolit children to clean our chimneys biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ June 30 2002,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">France: BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)<span id='postcolor'>

ha ha,, i was informed that france expected that alot from the russians!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

And as this has gone waaaaay OT it can sod off over there too smile.gif

I was gonna close it but I would hate to have to upset anyone.