Sign in to follow this  
Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - EOD System

Thank you very much for informing us of the first release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Keep up the exelent work man! just tried it out and failed hardly xD could be because of the screen resolution got L115l2Ll1GBGL So Level one device, Reversed, 2l - 1L = 1, First Green f. Bottom, 1xL = -1

Comes out to me as C= 1 and E = -1 that 1GB + (1-1) = 1GB because of the reversion it should be 1GT aka first Green wire from the top xD .. Gosh i love this system man! but i still did explode haha

Thanks! I need to figure out the screen resolution thing. Its going to be the end of me. All my projects are doomed if I can't!

I think the resolution is going to determine where you have to click. So this is configured for 1920x1080. Anyone help me?

That Serial # doesn't exist in any of the circuit boards. Should be 4 sections. L1#|#####|WIRE|### I made it a tad confusing

on purpose. So you cant memorize it! The #'s are hard to read. An "L" series. L11|LlI7lli1|3RT|ll77LLI. Makes it all look the same.

All "L", "I", "1", "l" etc. Seperated by the vertical "|". Don't play tired or distracted. Makes you concentrate and learn the system.

I also threw in a few curve balls as well to keep you on your toes :icon_twisted:

Also Note on the color codes: Capitol would be standard. G=Green. But lower case g=Grey. Again, to make you think. And so on....

Thanks for the feedback! Keep 'em coming fellas... :cool:

Edited by Goblin

New mod v0.0.1 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@vqi_eod.png

@ Goblin;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@Foxhound

Thanks!

@Sonsalt6

Thanks!

@EVERYONE

I forgot to reverse time in the Test Mission. Change the time to Midnight to get mostly Day Start Times. (If you want)

@Reap3erPr0

Looked up that Bomb. Serial #: L11|5l2Ll|1GB|GL

2 lower case l's and 2 upper case L's, so they cancel out. +2 -2 = 0. (Order and location of L's is not important)

And its a L11, so its reversed: 1GB becomes 1GT.

Make sure you use the BLACK Snips, and Click with the tip of the mouse cursor in the exact middle of the Wire.

What screen resolution are you using?

UPDATE: I think that's the bomb you had anyway. Might be wrong. I'm getting lost in my own puzzles. :p

@MrEwok

Coming from you, Thanks!!

Always forget to Debug with -ShowScriptErrors. Need to set aside a weekend to do that for all my projects. Update soon...

@Moderators*

You can move this into the COMPLETED category now if you wish.

Edited by Goblin
addendum

Haha ^^ use the black snips? :D Uhm where am i supposed to select them? are they shown somewhere or do i simply need to have it in my Inventory? xD Yeah so my Calculations were right and im usin 1600x900, cheers!

Yeah, the Diagonal Snips; ESD. They are in the Crate. There's two. Regular Snips (red; metal). And the ESD Safe Snips (black; electro-static-discharge). It MUST be in your Equipment Slot.

I get the error "'VQI_EerieEOD' requires addon" when launching my game. CBA is running. Is there a way to fix this?

@Chondo999: This is just a small error in config, launch your game with the -nologs command should avoid this error popup.

Its in the Folder. You can't miss it. Inside the Download Folder are 2 Folders plus Docs, ReadMe, Changlog, etc.

1. @VQI_EOD (the mod itself, plus userconfig)

2. VQI-EerieEOD-v1.stratis (the test/example)

You need to put that .stratis folder in your Mission Folder. All the instructions are included in the READMEs. Open the Editor and Click the OPEN Icon and there it is. Just click PREVIEW.

Did a couple of hours testing yesterday in the demomission and I really like the concept, good job :)

A few questions though:

- I sometimes ran into IEDs that started with L1B, not L11 or L10. What does the B stand for?

- No matter what equipment or tools I carried I couldn't figure out what to do with the other explosives scattered around the base. Am I doing it wrong or are they WIP coming later?

- Would it be possible to make the serialnumber a bit more visible? I'm using a 24" monitor on 1920x1080 with 20/20 vision and still had major problems reading it. In real life I could have used a magnifying glass or better lighting but that is a bit hard to do ingame :/ Just a little bit more contrast would work wonders :)

- Also the wires at the bottom going horisontally, are those included when you count which wire is used?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/temp/eod_screen.jpg (300 kB)

@Watarimono

Thank you so much for testing and feedback!

1. Ahh, a fly in the ointment. Curious indeed. The mysterious B. The L1B, just cut the battery wire. B = Battery. There is also L1? and L1? for Left and Right. You would cut then either the top or bottom rows of wires.

2. Those are just to show you that the IMS will detect ALL explosives in the game. You can do what ever you want with them. I was just showing you what they all look like and, yes; more of a WIP.

3. Maybe. I'm playing with a 22" monitor and can see them fine. BUT since I designed them I have a biased view. Its a good point though. I want the deactivation to be nerve racking, and stressful. When put into a mod, the game shrunk down a bit the original image. I'll look into it.

Thanks!

i tested this yesterday with someone from my clan and we absolutely love it!

we had a hard time at first, untill i read here which tool to use. so i would have a question: will there be a be some kind of documentation for the tools as the mod advances? would be great for many people. first for people who are not native speakers and second for people who don't know anything about tools in real life (both cases apply to me ;) ).

other than that, keep up the awesome work! totally loving this and i am sure we are going to use this, i just have to convince the others that we need complex ieds :D

I getting this error with playWith-SIX and with the Normal Launcher:

mnAZcI3.jpg

I tried to paste the VQI_Settings_EOD.hpp manually, but the error still reappears.

Edited by Willard

Not sure what's going on, I'm not familiar with 6 nor the launcher. Not sure what to tell you. You need a userconfig Folder in your root A3 Folder. Then the VQI Settings Folder with the .hpp File in there.

Hey mate :) Long time no see ^^ I asked myself if you are planning on implementing bombs or IED´s that in some way include multiple stages. I mean like you need to first cut this wire regarding to that Serial number then use one of your other magic tools to block a contact switch then disconnect the energy source to defuse it completely :D I mean i know that this is looking into a loooooooot of work but it would be great ^^

Hi, yes. There will a lot more complex stuff coming. This project is very low priority for me. I wanted to see how everyone responded to this experimental release. The complex multi step stuff I won't be doing until this winter. I also need to figure out how to get stuff to work on different screen resolutions. Until I can get that squared away, I can't move forward. This first prototype release was very crude, and mostly a public test.

Okay, i copied the userconfig Folder manually from my Mod Folder to the A3 root Folder and now it works. Thanks mate!

OK, you need to get together with AGM and EODS and get this rock solid. Honestly don't mind running different mods to create some variety for EOD, but at some point they are going to conflict, at which point we are going to need to choose. Better if they they can work in cohesion, but differently for variation. Definitely going to look into this more. Provided it doesn't conflict with AGM (which is a core mod for Ix2, it may end up part of our pack). So far I am completely digging where this is going, far nicer than click and disarm.

Edited by MjolnirAnSionnach

Thanks!

I'm not a team player. :cool: AGM and EODS are fantastic stuff! I already was donated some stuff from MrEWOK but haven't included it yet. Not sure if I will. I love working alone and the complete freedom. A rouge. A loose cannon...

Their stuff is all hard-core realistic. I'm trying to stay mostly on the fictional-end. If anything, to just be different and creative. As far a conflicts goes, I don't think they'll conflict. I highly doubt it. Let me know if they do.

Unfortunately multiples are not supported yet.

Just the 1.