Rydygier

[SP] HETMAN: War Stories

Thx Rydygier for your work, i have some trouble with new beta, on this moment I not have time to long test play, weekend incoming :). Still In my opinion manually set position  forces in battle is good idea, and add option density motorized groups. But HWS is still one of the best things in A3, many thx.

sorry for my English.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:04 AM, Rydygier said:

Could be better on the smaller map though. 

not sure, if one can simply paste new scripts into old ports to update them. Maybe so, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Tried porting to Fallujah and Livonia maps. In both cases initialisation failed due to insufficient locations found.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, Rydygier said:

HWS wip2

PS also would be good to check, if/how latest code changes could break normal battles...

Tried some normal battles on Livonia (Looters vs Spetsnaz which works in 1.09) but the mission hangs at loading screen with this error

Spoiler

22:52:02 Error in expression <t (_vehClass >> _x >> "faction"));

if (not ({_fac == ((_x select 0) select 0)} >
22:52:02   Error position: <not ({_fac == ((_x select 0) select 0)} >
22:52:02   Error not: Type Number, expected Bool
22:52:02 File missions\__cur_sp.enoch\init.sqf..., line 1574

EDIT: Tried wip1 and wip2 missions on Altis for normal battles. wip1 works, it's just wip2 that doesn't work.

Edited by alky_lee
  • Like 1

Tried porting to Fallujah and Livonia maps. In both cases initialisation failed due to insufficient locations found.

OK, I'lll test with complete porting, including updated set of editor objects, first to Fallujah, can't test on Livonia though, I do not own Contact DLC, tight budget lately. 

Tried some normal battles on Livonia (Looters vs Spetsnaz which works in 1.09) but the mission hangs at loading screen with this error

This code adds unit class to the pool, if it is of one of chosen factions, so not bound to the map directly, but something with used units/factions. Again - can't test Contact stuff, but I'll check this code and will have my eyes open. 

Thanks for your feedback, it will help. 🙂

Before downloading I checked, how actually Fallujah map looks like. Seems, it indeed somewhat lacks locations.

hi, Rydygier! thank you for your continuing work on HWS. last WIP2 is brilliant! with its ability of easy choosing factions and simple portability it will be a source of endless fun! :yay:

"Whole map" + HAL - it's what I've been waiting for years.

first try was on Sahrani with SLA vs RACS+ION. both sides spawned with good variety of units. there were a few static weapons, heilys, havy and light armor. RACS was even lucky to spawn a ship: Clipboard02.jpg 

:)

this time I wasnt able to watch firefight, because of the starting positions of sides (RACS at NE part of island, SLA - at SW). fire contact in Corazol was not happened in 50 minutes of testing. but I was able to observe their actions to capture points.  RACS send small groups to all nearest points, while the main force remained motionless at the starting position. SLA moved a couple of infantry groups to Ortego by helicopters in the first few minutes. one group began patrolling the area, and the other occupied several buildings. then several more vehicles came up. but on this their activity ended. in the next 40 minutes SLA did not try to move to new points.

next few tests was RF vs PLA and RF vs US on Namalsk. well now managed to die already in first couple of minutes. :)) right after starting chinese arty covered our positions with heavy fire. :)

due to the opportunity of a quick change of factions, I decided to familiarize myself with CFP mod and accidentally discovered a small bug. in faction choice window, if you check 1-st faction in list, at the same time, the 33rd becomes checked too. so cursor marks N-th and N+32 lines simultaneously.

since my computer is also quite weak, I tried to test it on a dedicated server. if to comment out the first line in Init.sqf, then the mission can be run on dedi. in this case respawn and support menu (0-8) will not work, but it still possible to test mission in hardcore mode with only life. :)))

I will not complain about errors as I ran game with a bunch of other mods. just noted that HWS completely prevents Advanced AI Command mod from working. 

thank you! i`ll keep testing.

• Like 2

Hey, thanks for your feedback, appreciated. BTW not sure, should I treat that ship on the hill as bad thing or rather good one. 🙂

For now busy elsewhere, but let bug reports coming, guys, soonish I should be back to this. 

Hi, I just tried out wip2 and got the same errors as pointed out above. The mission just hangs with only CBA and HAL enabled.

Edited by bloodborne24

The mission just hangs with only CBA and HAL enabled.

Thanks for the report. To make this clear - do not play HWS with HAL enabled. It is like running Hetman twice - all sort of weird things may happen. HWS includes HAL.