Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Gah!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dear ***** ****** :

We're Sorry! The product(s) you've ordered is currently out of stock and could

not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on back-order and will be

shipped as soon as possible when the stock becomes available. You will receive

another e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped. Your credit

card has been pre-authorized, but you will NOT be charged until the product

ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Customer Number: ********

Order Number: ********

Order Date: 27-JUN-02

*********, ** *****

bdmoonraker@msn.com

Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Qty Back Ordered

Price

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance 1 0 1 $

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tax: $

Shipping: $

Total: $

If you have questions about billing or shipping, please reply to this email.

* Have you joined Code M yet? It?s the fastest and easiest way to stay ahead of

the game, with access to the latest info on new and forthcoming releases, plus

exclusive e-toys, downloads, demos and more!

www.codemasters.com/codemprogram/joinup.php?<span id='postcolor'>

I order it from codemasters on the 27th hoping that they ship it on the 28th, I even use the FedEx shipping... thats 10 more dollars the UPS.

Ditto.

I search and search for a UK site that will ship it by airmail just to get a day early.

Ditto.

I am happy the day before the second, then thats when it happens. There I was, sitting in my room... when that freakin' MSN email popup comes up. Oh lookie! It's got @digitalriver.com after it. I think that its a notice that they shipped it.

Ditto.

I open it up, AND THEY ARE OUT OF FRE@KIN STOCK

Come on, your telling me I order it from CM and they are out of stock? Couldn't they have just used those four extra days in between when it was released in the UK and the US to make a couple thousand more copies?

Unbelieveable

Ditto here....

You'd think that ordering it DIRECTLY from the manufacturer would result in one getting it faster?

At this rate, I'm betting I'll be able to purchase it from Software Etc before Codemasters actually gets around to sending it.

I have to wonder how difficult it would be to cancel the CM order?

Depressed,

.:iXnay

Bottom line is software dealers/outlets get priority on shipments over single customer preorders.

I learned this during the pre-order fiasco with Interplay's Starfleet Command series.  Loyal fans who pre-ordered the game from Interplay received the game 2 weeks after stores got them.  Needless to say there was some loyal fans who felt highly betrayed by the very game they supported so much.

Best bet is to call around to your local stores and reserve it if you want to get the game first.

Publishers cater to dealers.   Dealers cater to CUSTOMERS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 02 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure glad I didn't order OFPR online.<span id='postcolor'>

ill second that. Im going to go get my copy tomorrow... Hopefully... confused.gif And if they dont have it im going to have to start poking eyes out and slashing guts! oppps....did i say that? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ July 02 2002,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll see if i can find Reistance today.

I can't wait anymore. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ill second this also.

Hmmm just got to thinking about it. My best buy said they would have a truck come in with resistance tuesday afternoon or weds morning. Now what im wondering is do they have to check how many they have a put price tags on them? Will that mean they wont sell any/put them on the shelves till the next day?

What do you guys think?

why i hate codemaster, they are incompetent bastards lol. im just waiting for best buy to get it, it is 2:10am, and later today, i will give them a call and check up on it like they suggested sunday when i called

Ya. All they do is unload them off the truck.. Then they go bullshit with their co workers, and forget that people might be waiting eagerly for whatever is in that big box. Then eventually after the store closes for the day they unpack it price it and then trow it on the shelves. So be there before the store opens.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sphinx @ July 02 2002,08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya. All they do is unload them off the truck.. Then they go bullshit with their co workers, and forget that people might be waiting eagerly for whatever is in that big box. Then eventually after the store closes for the day they unpack it price it and then trow it on the shelves. So be there before the store opens.<span id='postcolor'>

Well ill find out this afternoon. *sighs and grabs a few hand grenades*

Guess i can use these if they start to bull shit with their co workers.. tounge.gif

I really think BIS should switch software distributors. I mean, this is the second time this has happened to them and it's making for alot of unhappy US, Canadian, and Austalian (sorry if I left anyone out) buyers. Surely they have proven themselves enough to get picked up by a better software distributor. Sounds also like CM didn't anticipate the popularity of the release and now the demand is way higher than the supply so it is making for angry Europeans who can't get their hands on the game.

dont suppose it matters wether cm wait a week, a month or a year for their money they get it anyways biggrin.gif

I've just been to the two computer stores near me. CompUSA and Circuit City... yet again, they dont have the game and I am turned away.

What is wrong with CM and their manufacturing?

First it was supposed to be released on the 21st.

Woops, we ment 28th.

Now the US gets to wait 4 more days for their game, on July 2nd.

WHAT THE HELL? WHY NOT MAKE IT JULY 2ND, 2006, I mean at least the Padres stadium will be done (3 years late!wink.gif. Why not mark the occasion with the release of Resistance in the US too?

They won't even ship it before the 4th! I feel like I'll never get the freakin thing! I know not to buy from CM anymore, *sigh*.

This reminds me of the dreaded "compuexpert = evil" ordeal when OFP was first released back in June of last year. Lots of Americans ordered it and got it weeks late.. Screw Codemasters...

I'll trade someone my mini-lunchman for resistance... biggrin.gif

*sobs* no i ordered from codemasters. im such a f*ck head. now ill have to wait weeks mad.gif

Heh, someone should sell Codemasters: We put the customer last tshirts...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ixnaymu9 @ July 03 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hahaha!!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/software/Detail.asp?m=1023&e=11144466

Check out who they list the publisher as.....(!!!!wink.gif

If only this were truuuuuue!!!!! <sob> <weep>

.:iXnay<span id='postcolor'>

Yes! then Activision would force BIS to push its games out there door with loads of bugs. And lets face it, if BIS gets all the time it needs, and it still has bugs, you DEFINITELY dont want them rushed

well, if Activision was distributor at least I can go down to Activision HQ here in Santa Monica and talk to them. mad.gif