kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

New mod v3.3.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Kimi_uy , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

change their colors from green to orange, and some other planes (f-16) can even display red......

Game features like that are not required IRL. Mate. I spend enough time in the F-16 to know red HUDs are a fable. lol

None of the aircraft I have flown in my carreer had changable hud colors. (The A10 was not one of them though)

Still, a feature like changing color could be used to change the brightness of the symbology.

I will pay 60 portions to the person that comes up with a solution...

dbcc4c60bbacece910ffafb9069dd75c.png

Sorry this might be the wrong thread, but I believe most pilots are watching this thread so do I dare ask, but does anyone have any idea on how to solve the bomb sight issue? I´ve understood that a HUD/HMD CCIP is not possible due to the Arma 3 UI engine, but would any other solution be possible? In theory you only need to know pitch, altitude, speed and time for the bomb to fall to have a working sight.

Would it be possible to have sight that you can adjust as with a rifle for different ranges? or have multiple fixed points in the HUD indicating points of impact when at level flight at a certain altitude and speed?  I had a look at the Wipeout HMD bomb sight, and the TOF and HUD -center "pipper" already helps a bit, but its still very hard to get a feel for a decent chance to hit something without a LGB lock on.

Here are some oldschool stuff that could be usable:

http://www.glennsmuseum.com/bombsights/bombsights.html

I made a tutorial for manual bombing,as how its done IRL, using Arma's standard HUD symbology.

There is also a CCIP addon out there that is quiet allright.

I made a tutorial for manual bombing,as how its done IRL, using Arma's standard HUD symbology.

There is also a CCIP addon out there that is quiet allright.

The eRazeris CCIP mod is ok, but it would be nice to have integrated to HMD/HUD in some way. I also read your manual, which is really nice, but still a workaround for the HUD:s missing an actual aim. Having jet fighters in the game, it seems pretty silly that none of them can currently make a standard manual bomb run. Especially when all of this was properly done in A2 with CCIP/CCRP. Unfortunately Noubers has stopped HUD modding so it looks that a working ccip won´t be coming to A3 anytime soon. That´s why even a crude aim would help a lot...

Arma2 ccip had the same concept as eRazeri's script. So, it wasn't a HUD, it was scripted UI.

I've wasted dozens of hours trying to pull off something like ccip and with no results.

• Like 1

Arma2 ccip had the same concept as eRazeri's script. So, it wasn't a HUD, it was scripted UI.

I've wasted dozens of hours trying to pull off something like ccip and with no results.

Sorry to hear that Kimi. :( Your HMD/HUD:s are a real godsend for anyone wanting to do anything sensible in an aircraft in A3 :)

How about fixed aiming points in the HUD UI? Neptune uses HUD markers for reference... could something be worked out through that? I´m not saying it I want an aim that works perfectly in any condition, I would just think that many like myself would just need something in the HUD to line up on the target and then figure out what angles, altitudes and speeds works for that with different ammunition. Currently I´m using the A-164s black bulge in the bottom of the HUD as reference. Which works out in 60% of the cases but occasinally I would need a point or two more in the lower part of the HUD to keep on the target as I control speed and pitch.

Probably already familiar but if it helps:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163607-manual-bombing/

Thanks for the update kimi_uy :D Has anyone found that since the last update of this(the one that rolled the Wipeout HUD into the Helo HMD addon) that now the Mighty GAU mod no longer functions? It used to work with the previous versions of the Wipeout HUD addon. And it still works fine if I don't use this addon. 

It's not a big deal, and I know there is no reason to expect mod makers to cater for other addons, just wondering if anyone else experienced it-or if I am doing something wrong?

• Like 1

Remove the wipeout_weapons pbo and there should be no problem ;)

That pbo is separated from the other weapons for that particular reason.

BTW I'm currently trying to implement the HUD/HMCS into the RHS: A-10A. Due to some config related crap i can't make it work atm.

• Like 1

If (when rather? ;D) your succeed with the RHS A10A, would you consider doing something similar for the USAF A10C?

• Like 1

If (when rather? ;D) your succeed with the RHS A10A, would you consider doing something similar for the USAF A10C?

Huh, I thought that one already had my stuff in it. I'll see what I can do.

Oh shit, sry my brain farted a bit when typing and I only typed part of what I wanted. The HUD is 10/10 as is.

What I meant was adding a HMD display ... now that the A10C utilizes Scorpion/HMCS like can be seen here: http://imgur.com/CVnI9pL

Full video for anyone who likes some A10/CAS lovelyness: https://youtu.be/H4LOGfuuugc

I watch that video every time I wake up.

I just checked the USAF A-10C, and it doesn't have my work on it.

Outstanding work as usual Kimi. I noticed something with the RHS A-10A. It seems that the HMD is not aligned.... It seems to be just up and to the right of the gun pipper when you center the view. Not sure if it was done intentionally or not.

Again love the work, I believe it to be one of those essential Arma 3 mods.

• Like 1

Is it possible to us the gun-pipper as the place it will calculate for the bombs to drop by simply place the pipper ont the target and not use the tadpole thingee?

Like gun+bomb at the same time?

Outstanding work as usual Kimi. I noticed something with the RHS A-10A. It seems that the HMD is not aligned.... It seems to be just up and to the right of the gun pipper when you center the view. Not sure if it was done intentionally or not.

Again love the work, I believe it to be one of those essential Arma 3 mods.

I included my attempt to make the hud/hmcs work in the latest version of the mod, but it didnt even load properly for me. Care to share some screenshots?

Is it possible to us the gun-pipper as the place it will calculate for the bombs to drop by simply place the pipper ont the target and not use the tadpole thingee?

Like gun+bomb at the same time?

Nope. I do not recommend u do so.

BTW chuck norris, if u r doing a gun run followed by bombs then u r doing something wrong!