Sign in to follow this  
scario

Resistance music?

Ok, now when most of the people in here have played OFP:R, i suppose youve also heard the new music included.

My problem is that i cant find the "music.pbo"-file for resistance. I've searched the Resistance-folder on both my computer and the CD, but it's nowhere to find. When i tried to unpack the old "music.pbo"-file (For original OFP) it wasn't there either.  confused.gif  Help me someone, i must have those f***ing nice tracks! I will pay you a fortune if you can solve my problem (at least some hot Sabot's  tounge.gif  ) and make you the king/queen of the world...ehr...or not, but, yeah, you got the point...   biggrin.gif

It's O.pbo in your Res\Addons folder. So far I haven't been able to extract it with various pbo tools...

To extract the resistance pbo's your have to cut the first 46 bytes of the file, for example with UltraEdit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 03 2002,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To extract the resistance pbo's your have to cut the first 46 bytes of the file, for example with UltraEdit<span id='postcolor'>

uh? could you explain how?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 03 2002,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To extract the resistance pbo's your have to cut the first 46 bytes of the file, for example with UltraEdit<span id='postcolor'>

Kegetys is god biggrin.gif

it means that when you open the pbo file with hex editor, you need to delete first 46 bytes so that whatever PBO extractor we have can extract it.

probably those 46 bytes are used to distinguish Resistance-only pbo and original ofp pbo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ July 03 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how do you know what to delete though?<span id='postcolor'>

You delete the first 46 bytes tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 03 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To extract the resistance pbo's your have to cut the first 46 bytes of the file, for example with UltraEdit<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have the field structure for these 46 bytes, so that someone who updates an extractor can dynamically determine this as a OFPR type PBO file?

Ehm, can't someone just upload the edited PBO-file, for us n00b's sad.gif , ok i'll try with UltraEdit, but I dont think i can get it work.. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ July 03 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ehm, can't someone just upload the edited PBO-file, for us n00b's  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That would be illegal, that PBO is most of what resistance is.

Kegety's THx for the help mate. biggrin.gif

the music is so nice, Especially the RES06 track,, even though its only 46 seconds it is still my favourite,, i now have it has Windows Start theme. biggrin.giftounge.gif

Hurrah for BIS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ehm, can't someone just upload the edited PBO-file, for us n00b's , ok i'll try with UltraEdit, but I dont think i can get it work..<span id='postcolor'>

Oh c'mon ppl,hex editing is a piece of piss. Kegetys is right - it'd just be like making Resitance free. Besides its like 173mb so you'd have a long time d/ling it.

If it doesn't work, TRY AGAIN UNTIL IT DOES! I've found a lot of ppl who want stuff made for OFP like addons and missions but aren't prepared to do it themselves. I taught myself mission editing, camera scripting and .cpp writing - with a little help, thx OFPEC - and if it didn't work out for me first time I stuck with it until it did. It's fine to ask questions but have a go yourself instead of making other ppl do the work - don't think you can't do it, LEARN, everyone has to start somewhere. Rant over..........

i was wondering.. i wont have resistance for awhile since im in US, could someone send me the full version of the song used in the resistance trailer? or the name of the song so i can download it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ July 04 2002,09:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can... just add me to msn:

bdmoonraker@msn.com

I had my friend convert them for me<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif the mods aint gonna like that

Wow! It's working! BIG thanks Kegetys! But, those new song have no real names, or? (At least not in the editor) and thats not very nice. I think we have to announce som "find great names for the new songs in resistance"-competition or something..  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ July 04 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow! It's working! BIG thanks Kegetys! But, those new song have no real names, or? (At least not in the editor) and thats not very nice. I think we have to announce som "find great names for the new songs in resistance"-competition or something..  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I would guess they dont have any special names, why would they? If they do though, Seventh is propably the guy to ask wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 04 2002,12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ July 04 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow! It's working! BIG thanks Kegetys! But, those new song have no real names, or? (At least not in the editor) and thats not very nice. I think we have to announce som "find great names for the new songs in resistance"-competition or something..  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I would guess they dont have any special names, why would they? If they do though, Seventh is propably the guy to ask wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, you are wrong. In the OFP FAQ, they have a link to http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/february01/DaveLagettie/ which is an interview with seventh. They said this:

Editor's Note: Seventh is not in charge of Operation Flashpoint's music. Ondrej Matejka is Bohemia Interactive's composer. Seventh's musical involvement in OF is detailed below.

Unfortunately, there are no names assigned to the new Resistance music scores, except for the two from 7th: Darken and My Life.

It would be nice if BIS could supply a list of score titles to go with files RES02.OGG, RES03.OGG, etc. confused.gif

BTW, afraid to hex edit? Download the CutPBO utility, from here. There's a README in the ZIP file with simple usage instructions. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrCrispPacket @ July 03 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh c'mon ppl,hex editing is a piece of piss. Kegetys is right - it'd just be like making Resitance free. Besides its like 173mb so you'd have a long time d/ling it.

If it doesn't work, TRY AGAIN UNTIL IT DOES! I've found a lot of ppl who want stuff made for OFP like addons and missions but aren't prepared to do it themselves. I taught myself mission editing, camera scripting and .cpp writing - with a little help, thx OFPEC - and if it didn't work out for me first time I stuck with it until it did. It's fine to ask questions but have a go yourself instead of making other ppl do the work - don't think you can't do it, LEARN, everyone has to start somewhere. Rant over..........<span id='postcolor'>

But what are us lazy dumbasses supposed to do? tounge.gif