Sign in to follow this  
Capt Morgan

I am going to get flamed

You know from what I read in the forums I really don't think I am going to waste 30 dollars at this time.

Until BIS gets it right six months from now.

Any way my personal thought is that they where on the right track of fixing an awesome game with 1.46. Then as usual droped the ball, Screwed the pooch from what I have read.

The majority of people that I play with really didn't care about the new campaign.  We where just hoping for a fix to problems already existing and some new toys.

Well I guess that didn't happen.

Also if you read the multiplayer foroum there is a lot of problems ther too.  

Come to think of it this should have went there sorry placebo

and moderators

I just hope to god they fixs these problems.  If you don't know what they are read the multiplayer foroums.  Which most of us play.

I didn't even play the campaign until I couldn't figure stuff out online then played it just so I wuold no how certain things worked

Man and I was really stoked to playing this game!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Capt Morgan @ July 04 2002,07:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am going to get flamed<span id='postcolor'>

campfire.jpg

ROFL

G1 avon

she probably just got her kids around the fire with marsmellows and took that picture just for this post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Capt Morgan @ July 04 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just hope to god they fixs these problems.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh they will. It just takes time. Getting feed back. Then finding out where it went wrong and how to fix it then fix it. Thats why they have "Updates". I really dont think youll get flamed for this thread. Hey its your own money. Do what you want with it. Im have a struggle with best buy and this thing. So you might have a good idea waiting for a bit, for this thing to cool down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 04 2002,06:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">campfire.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL Avon where do you get all these pics?

Pic found by searching Google images for "roasted marshmallow". biggrin.gif

Back onto the subject..................................

Resistance is the total makeover and replacement of the DirectPlay MP interface.

If I were in the developers seat, after rolling out such a major revision, I would have my eyes set on prioritizing this MP interface's smooth running when developing upcoming patches.

Dude just reminds me of a couple games that people have put out and never fixed. Leaving people to make the fixes themselves.

Take Falcon 4.0 for flight sim fans. This game was totally abandoned by the makers. So the gamers took control. I tell you man what a game it turned out to be. It was made back in 1996 97 or so.

Dude it took them to 1.46 to get it almost close to fix and then they went in a different direction.

They where better off releasing a game under a different name. I don't know maybe I am wrong.

They should have come out with 1.50 for flashpoint and then released a new game with the understanding that it would not be compatible with flashpoint.

You know like quake 1 through 3 or other games. Just my two cents.

FLAME AWAY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You know the somethings wrong when alcoholic beverages start posting on forums! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 04 2002,06:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pic found by searching Google images for "roasted marshmallow". biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL I figured thats where you looked. but i would have never thought of roasted marshmellows..What made you think of that? I would have thought something like this...

BM053.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ July 04 2002,07:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know the somethings wrong when alcoholic beverages start posting on forums!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'll drink to that!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 04 2002,07:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What made you think of that? I would have thought something like this...

BM053.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

The "Burning Man"? Ugh!

bm1.jpg

The connotation of roasted/toasted marshmallows is others can fan the flames while I can just lick my fingers. tounge.gif

flame thrower flames. you want flames capt morgan? i'll give you flames you !@#$%^&*() tounge.gif

ok..joking.

I really don't know what are the problems that you are talking about since I don't have OFPR right now, but I'm sure BIS will comeout with patches as they did b4.

please be patient Capt Morgan. smile.gif

Avon that isnt a guy... I just looked at it and it looks like the second pic you posted bm1.jpg

Cause in my pic you can see strings/wires attach to the object on fire...So lets call it an object on fire for now.

Capt if you want flames look for Nordin DK hes been looking for a flame war for quite some time..

Speaking of which wheres Nordin?

When Posts go a rye

See above

Any way ralph One I think you just spam and never read the posts. I do. Read them and you will see what I am talking about

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Capt Morgan @ July 04 2002,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any way ralph One I think you just spam and never read the posts. I do. Read them and you will see what I am talking about<span id='postcolor'>

Thats his job...Spamming and eating Paste.. tounge.gif

flamethrower.jpg

Wish I had one of those... anyway I'm just pissed at codemasters right now for delaying the release again in the US but Ill be even more pissed if resistance sucks after all this hassle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 04 2002,08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wish I had one of those... anyway I'm just pissed at codemasters right now for delaying the release again in the US but Ill be even more pissed if resistance sucks after all this hassle.<span id='postcolor'>

Im positive itll be good. From all the feed back everyone likes it.

I dont see a problem with this, yes, there are some issues with the sockets code, but there still is the old directplay code from 1.46 which works flawlessly. Only bad thing I have seen is how some addons don seem to work anymore... dunno if it is a bug in resistance or in the addons, I hope suma will he here soon to tell us wink.gif

*Mixes kerosine with phosphate and plays with matches*

Then looks towards Capt. Morgan with a big grin...

I can understand and follow your critical comments...You have a point there. To my opinion all the new features and graphics, the new big island make up for those teething problems you described. I think it is almost a quantum leap from OFP to RES.

At first I got a little bit upset too, but as I got into the game more and more I was really stunned by the atmosphere of the addon and all its improvements. I WOULD NEVER WANT TO MISS IT!

My two cents: those approx € 20-30 are no wasted money at all!!! Au contraire!!!

PS: I also hope they fix all the bugs! We just need to give them some time.

Cheers