Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

[COOP] Digital Infantry Combat Environment

Amazing work with this! The Iron Brits heard about it 2 weeks ago and have been running it non stop on our public server. Can't wait to try this new update out tonight and will be back for feedback.

Until then, keep up the good work!

Hey Kushluk, your mod looks pretty awesome, but I can't seem to play it at all.

Here were my problems and what I did:

Firstly, I subscribed to the collection on PlaywithSix, everything seemed to work fine.

Then I downloaded the mission file on your website, which also contained an "addons" folder.

Ignoring the addons folder, I immediately put the mission in my arma 3 folder and tried to run the mission, only to be met with the error "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on content that has been deleted: DICE_v20.

So I guess I really did need the addon folder for something. I then took the contents of the addon folder from the mission file and placed it into the @DICE/addons folder, overwriting any conflicts.

Now when I load into the mission, CSE is highlighted in red on the addon checker, and the rest is highlighted in green. 10 Seconds later I'm met with the "Mission Successful" screen.

And before you ask; yes, I did crank up the difficulty level to elite.

So what can I do here? I'm pretty convinced it may be something to do with CSE but no-one else seems to be having this problem. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

I might try and set all static weapons at 50% of their max health when they are spawned to see if they are more reliably destroyed with explosives. Crew in static weapons are also not affected by splash damage... this is likely an addon config issue.

I'll have a play too and run it on our server - see if we can come up with anything that might help.

Fix the air strike to require laser guidance.

Is there anyway that I could convince you to keep the bomb-on-coordinate nature of the airstrike? It'd be cool (like in a 9-line) to be able to say how you're marking the target (laser, smoke, no mark), so that depending conditions, your loadout & a/c loadout, you can use laser guided munitions, JDAMs (using coords) or other ordnance.

Speaking of, it might be cool to replace the map click with an interface where you have to type in the coordinates - like with the artillery. That way, the JTAC will need to use the Military GPS and be proficient at finding targets with it!

Thanks,

Tusk

I think you may be running an older version of the mission. Try download the mission file from https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home instead of armaholic.

Your site was what I originally used for the mission file. I have just downloaded the alternative file from MediaFire, which is called DICE.hellskitchen.pbo (The Armaholic one is called co@x_dice.hellskitchen.pbo)

However, after placing the MediaFire mission in, I am met with ""You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on content that has been deleted: DICE_v30"

Any ideas to this?

P.S. Thanks for the extremely quick reply, I really appreciate it!

Is there anyway that I could convince you to keep the bomb-on-coordinate nature of the airstrike? It'd be cool (like in a 9-line) to be able to say how you're marking the target (laser, smoke, no mark), so that depending conditions, your loadout & a/c loadout, you can use laser guided munitions, JDAMs (using coords) or other ordnance.Speaking of, it might be cool to replace the map click with an interface where you have to type in the coordinates - like with the artillery. That way, the JTAC will need to use the Military GPS and be proficient at finding targets with it!

I will investigate the various methods and report back here at a later date.

However, after placing the MediaFire mission in, I am met with ""You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on content that has been deleted: DICE_v30" Any ideas to this?

That is great news! You now have the latest mission file, now you just need the latest 5MB @DICE content mod (Six or MediaFire) I would recommend deleting your old @DICE folder before installing the new one in its place.

EDIT: It appears ArmAholic has some old files packaged in with the download. I will contact them and hopefully they can rectify the issue. In the meantime, always download from https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice whenever possible

Edited by Kushluk

EDIT: It appears ArmAholic has some old files packaged in with the download. I will contact them and hopefully they can rectify the issue. In the meantime, always download from https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice whenever possible

Welp I decided to start afresh. I messed up in literally every way possible. So here's what I did:

Firstly I got the mod but installed an older mission.

Unsure what to do, I used the .pbo files in the mission to make it run. What I didn't realize was that THIS back-dated the DICE mod, stopping me from playing the new mission.

But I reinstalled the mod and ran the newest mission, so everything seems to be okay now! Now I have to go find some friends who want to play it... -_-

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

DICE Mission Updated to v1.3

* Combat Space Enhancement - Civilian Interaction

* Combat Space Enhancement - Medical System

* Added mission parameter for disabling the paradrop option.

* Added mission parameter for starting at night-time.

* Added mission parameter for disabling inbuild AI scripts.

@DICE Content Mod Changes

* Alternate technical skins no longer required.

* Expert difficulty toggles are unlocked for customization.

There is likely to be a number of mission file updates in the coming week to fix some small bugs and alter the medical system configuration, however there should not be any significant addon changes. Please follow this thread to ensure that you are running the latest mission file.

Updated Download Page: https://sites.google.com/site/kushlukdice/home

Updated DICE Mission File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo

Updated DICE Content Addon: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vj36dre1p7240p/@DICE.zip

I have informed Six Networks about the changes, so the Six version should be updated on their servers shortly.

I was wondering how to go about changing the expert difficulty toggles as stated in this change log. I have a few people that really like to and want to play your mod but they prefer to play in 3ed person most of the time and when flying. I had thought it was because the mission was locked to expert mode however changing this to regular or any other difficulty at the mission select screen does not seem to change 3ed person being locked.

Hi Kushluk,

I might try and set all static weapons at 50% of their max health when they are spawned to see if they are more reliably destroyed with explosives. Crew in static weapons are also not affected by splash damage... this is likely an addon config issue.

As a test, I added a HandleDamage event handler to the static weapons in fn_militantRooftop that multiplies the damage when the static weapon gets hit. After a bit of testing (the admin markers & teleport are handy), the airstrikes kill the crew of the weapon but leave the weapon intact. I'm quite happy to leave it that way, as the desired effect has been achieved and we can run in and add explosives to the weapon itself to finish it off.

I will investigate the various methods and report back here at a later date.

Awesome, thanks! Let me know if I can help in any way.

ArmAHolic has kindly fixed the incorrect files, so all download locations should now be fine.

I reinstalled the mod and ran the newest mission, so everything seems to be okay now! Now I have to go find some friends who want to play it... -_- Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

Great to hear! Enjoy.

I was wondering how to go about changing the expert difficulty toggles as stated in this change log. I have a few people that really like to and want to play your mod but they prefer to play in 3ed person most of the time and when flying. I had thought it was because the mission was locked to expert mode however changing this to regular or any other difficulty at the mission select screen does not seem to change 3ed person being locked.

It works by doing two things:

1) Changing all difficulties to be the same as expert.

2) Allows any setting to be changed on all difficulties.

As an example; you can test it in any self hosted mission by noticing you can turn third person on whilst playing expert (Which is normally a greyed out inactive button) by going into Options > Game > Difficulty.

To modify this on a dedicated server, you may (untested) be able to edit the .ArmA3profile in your server cfg directory. Otherwise, you may need to dePBO the DICE_Core.pbo from inside @DICE and make the changes manually.

As a test, I added a HandleDamage event handler to the static weapons in fn_militantRooftop that multiplies the damage when the static weapon gets hit. After a bit of testing (the admin markers & teleport are handy), the airstrikes kill the crew of the weapon but leave the weapon intact. I'm quite happy to leave it that way, as the desired effect has been achieved and we can run in and add explosives to the weapon itself to finish it off. Awesome, thanks! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Excellent thinking on the damage event handler! I noticed that the All In ArmA Terrain Pack was recently released and claims to have less compatilbility issues with ArmA 2 buildings and walls. I will see if running AIA:TP provides better results and report back.

Upcoming Mission Changes:

• Mod requirements - Replaced A3MP with AIA:TP, this should fix the flipping walls and improve performance.
  • Random temporary intelligence log data from ICOM (Simulated enemy radio intercepts)
  • Added BlueForce Tracker to the vehicle interface menu.
  • Fixed static weapons not destroyed by explosions. [Credit to Tusk1-1]
  • Compatibility and tweaks to the current CSE Medical System configuration (Number of medic items, revive settings etc) based on player feedback.
  • Possible introduction of the DAR MaxxPro with vehicle interaction and ammo storage.
  • Fill all vehicle and supply crate inventory storage with medical items (in addition to the current ammunition)
  • Air strike will require laser guidance or grid coordinates.
  • Supply drop will use a parachute and require smoke placement.
  • Randomly placed militant camp site with tents, campfires etc.
  • Randomly placed militant road blocks with barbed wire etc.
  • Implement further interrogation and conversation with civilians.
  • Implement militants that randomly surrender to you.
  • Hostage rescue mission will now be timed from when you are spotted.

I require feedback on the following:

• Number of militants, technicals, suicide bombers in the region. Is there too many, not enough?
  • AI accuracy, precision etc. Please state which AI mods you are using.
  • Medic backpack CSE medical items. Are they sufficient for long battles?
  • Do you think the DAR MaxxPro linked above is worth adding?

Fixed static weapons not destroyed by explosions. [Credit to Tusk1-1]
woohoo! :D

Oh man. Glad to see the updates are coming thick and fast, that change list look awesome. Glad that airstrikes can be called in with laser or coords! Would it be possible to add in some kind of "Cleared Hot" mechanism where the strike will be aborted if it hasn't been cleared hot by a certain distance from the target? This would help to prevent blue-on-blue strikes and also stop you killing civilians when you realise that you've misread coords :D

We've been testing for a week or so now and had a good 6 hour long session last night. Feedback/notes:

1. Number of militants, technicals, suicide bombers in the region. Is there too many, not enough?
  2. AI accuracy, precision etc. Please state which AI mods you are using.
  3. Medic backpack CSE medical items. Are they sufficient for long battles?
  4. Do you think the DAR MaxxPro linked above is worth adding?

1. Militants are a good number but have only seen 2 suicide bombers and a handful of technicals. More technicals would be good and possibly more civilians? Sangin seems quite sparse of civvies.
  2. AI accuracy is good, we don't use any AI mods but are contemplating adding ASR in. The only gripe is that we get sniped pretty quickly when parachuting in. Would it be possible to tweak the accuracy when parachuting?
  3. Yep! Definitely enough for us last night - I had 14 packaging bandages on myself alone :D
  4. MaxxPro looks awesome - we'd definitely enjoy seeing the mod in there.

Hey Kushluk! First and foremost, thx for making this mission, I really feel it is immersive and compelling and I have enjoyed it so far!

A few thoughts:

1) It might be an idea to create this mission on takistan and zargabad in the future? they seems very well suited for this

2) How about including dusk and dawn options in the parameters?

3) Is the fatigue system intended? we felt on our sessions that the fatigue system was a bit too harsh since we had to rest every so often. And it is an infantry mission so ppl have to run around alot.

4) Also, I would like a bit more information on intell types, maybe you could include this in the mission information. Right now its a bit too cryptic about what we are supposed to be doing.

Some feedback

Number of militants, technicals, suicide bombers are in a good spot.

Accuracy is ok imo aswell. We set it on AIcomtarget script. No other mods are used.

Medic addition is great in the last update! Most of the time we used medical care stuff, but never could revive because ppl died anyway.

DAR Maxxpro would be nice yeah imo, looks like a well suited vehicle for this mission.

3) Is the fatigue system intended? we felt on our sessions that the fatigue system was a bit too harsh since we had to rest every so often. And it is an infantry mission so ppl have to run around alot.

I quite like the fatigue system as-is. It means that you can't hoof around the desert with no penalty. It also means that vehicles (and keeping them safe) becomes more important - especially as a big part of DICE is going out on patrol to find civilians & intel.

It might be possible to add the fatigue level as an option in mission parameters but I suppose it'd depend on how Kushluk wants to balance the mod.

I quite like the fatigue system as-is. It means that you can't hoof around the desert with no penalty. It also means that vehicles (and keeping them safe) becomes more important - especially as a big part of DICE is going out on patrol to find civilians & intel.

It might be possible to add the fatigue level as an option in mission parameters but I suppose it'd depend on how Kushluk wants to balance the mod.

Totally agreed. Fatigue system gives it more realism, althoug It would be good if Kushluk set that as an option in mission parameters.

-------------

Hi Kushluk, here is my feedback:

1. Yes, totally. There are enough. Also i'ts crazy because some times some place looks like a ghost town but after 1min it becomes hell ^^ I would add more technicals but don't get crazy about it. Suicide bombers are enough for now tho.

2. This is what I hate from Arma 3. AI keeps being a real b*tch with its accuracy. We've been usin ARS Mod to make it more playable.

3. As a medic, yes, it's been enough. But I think other rols need a little more Basic Bandage.. in my opinion.

4. This MRAP would be awesome helping engineers to look for IEDs, I would love to see it in the AO. it could provide some cover when healing wounded soldiers because you could get inside when you open its back door :P

Finally, I really don't like the idea of replacing A3MP with AIA:TP... there are like 5GB more to download but.. oh well.

Thank you for doing this great mission. We have been playing it a lot.

EDIT: don't mind me. As this is to improve our gaming experience, It's fine then :)

Edited by AlexSegen

First off I just want to say I love this! Keep up the work!

Now I have no clue why but it seems that when I get out of the base the games start to lag around a bit, I think it could be the rendering but I messed around with the settings and to still no avail.

I know its still a WIP, but does anyone know a way I can fix this issue. Ill be shooting a guy then a spike happens and I don't know where he went. I am running this on a very good PC as well, so I know its not the hardware. Once again amazing work!

woohoo! :D Oh man. Glad to see the updates are coming thick and fast, that change list look awesome. Glad that airstrikes can be called in with laser or coords! Would it be possible to add in some kind of "Cleared Hot" mechanism where the strike will be aborted if it hasn't been cleared hot by a certain distance from the target? This would help to prevent blue-on-blue strikes and also stop you killing civilians when you realise that you've misread coords :D We've been testing for a week or so now and had a good 6 hour long session last night. Feedback/notes:

1. More technicals would be good and possibly more civilians? Sangin seems quite sparse of civvies.
  2. AI accuracy is good, we don't use any AI mods but are contemplating adding ASR in. The only gripe is that we get sniped pretty quickly when parachuting in. Would it be possible to tweak the accuracy when parachuting?
  3. Yep! Definitely enough for us last night - I had 14 packaging bandages on myself alone :D
  4. MaxxPro looks awesome - we'd definitely enjoy seeing the mod in there.

I will slightly increase the counts of both technicals and civilians. The MaxxPro will be added in a future update.

Hey Kushluk! First and foremost, thx for making this mission, I really feel it is immersive and compelling and I have enjoyed it so far!

A few thoughts:

1) It might be an idea to create this mission on takistan and zargabad in the future? they seems very well suited for this

2) How about including dusk and dawn options in the parameters?

4) Also, I would like a bit more information on intel types, maybe you could include this in the mission information. Right now its a bit too cryptic about what we are supposed to be doing.

Some feedback

Number of militants, technicals, suicide bombers are in a good spot.

Accuracy is ok imo aswell. We set it on AIcomtarget script. No other mods are used.

Medic addition is great in the last update! Most of the time we used medical care stuff, but never could revive because ppl died anyway.

DAR Maxxpro would be nice yeah imo, looks like a well suited vehicle for this mission.

I do not plan on officially porting the scenario to other maps at this point in time. That being said, I encourage you to dePBO the mission file and make personal changes and adjustments. I have already noticed multiple teams porting the map to Takistan and it doesnt take all that much scripting knowledge to do so. Eventually I would like to move it over to Jalalabad upon completion. I will add parameters for Dusk and Dawn. DICE does not have a fatigue system, it is currently using the default arma 3 system... everything is unchanged from stock (unless CSE has made changes under the hood) I am slowly updating the wiki, it will eventually include the different objective types and what you have to do alongside helpful pictures. The CSE medical system is undergoing frequent changes and updates, I imagine most of these issues with revive will be fixed shortly. The MaxxPro will be included soon.

I quite like the fatigue system as-is. It means that you can't hoof around the desert with no penalty. It also means that vehicles (and keeping them safe) becomes more important - especially as a big part of DICE is going out on patrol to find civilians & intel. It might be possible to add the fatigue level as an option in mission parameters but I suppose it'd depend on how Kushluk wants to balance the mod.

DICE does not have a fatigue system, it is currently using the default arma 3 system... everything is unchanged from stock (unless CSE has made changes under the hood)

Totally agreed. Fatigue system gives it more realism, althoug It would be good if Kushluk set that as an option in mission parameters.Hi Kushluk, here is my feedback:

1. Yes, totally. There are enough. Also i'ts crazy because some times some place looks like a ghost town but after 1min it becomes hell ^^ I would add more technicals but don't get crazy about it. Suicide bombers are enough for now tho.

2. This is what I hate from Arma 3. AI keeps being a real b*tch with its accuracy. We've been usin ARS Mod to make it more playable.

3. As a medic, yes, it's been enough. But I think other rols need a little more Basic Bandage.. in my opinion.

4. This MRAP would be awesome helping engineers to look for IEDs, I would love to see it in the AO. it could provide some cover when healing wounded soldiers because you could get inside when you open its back door :P

Finally, I really don't like the idea of replacing A3MP with AIA:TP... there are like 5GB more to download but.. oh well. Thank you for doing this great mission. We have been playing it a lot.

EDIT: don't mind me. As this is to improve our gaming experience, It's fine then :)

I will add more bandages to non-medic classes. I will add the MaxxPro. You can actually use either A3MP or AIA:TP, they are interchangable and my mod-checker should allow EITHER of them to run. DO NOT run both A3MP and AIA:TP at the same time though.

First off I just want to say I love this! Keep up the work! Now I have no clue why but it seems that when I get out of the base the games start to lag around a bit, I think it could be the rendering but I messed around with the settings and to still no avail. I know its still a WIP, but does anyone know a way I can fix this issue. Ill be shooting a guy then a spike happens and I don't know where he went. I am running this on a very good PC as well, so I know its not the hardware. Once again amazing work!

I believe there are a number of known issues at current regarding:

Future versions should run better due to the following:

• Update from BI to fix the 1.26 issues
  • AIA:TP is more optimized then A3MP
  • Updated Sangin map is roughly a week away from public release.

Upcoming Release Plan:

I will release a new DICE version after the new Sangin map is released, so the mod changes will be:

• @AIA:TP replaces @A3MP
  • @Sangin_A3 replaces @Sangin
  • @DAR_MAXXPRO will be required
  • @DICE will be updated for MaxxPro compatibility.
  • The mission file will include all the changes mentioned in one of my previous posts in this thread.

Any chance of adding an Alive combat transport system or cas? Like a quick fast rope insert etc..... casevac would be awesome

And maybe add some ai recruit script, if playing single player.....

Edited by ranger51

Any chance of adding an Alive combat transport system or cas? Like a quick fast rope insert etc..... casevac would be awesome

And maybe add some ai recruit script, if playing single player.....

I will investigate the alive transport systems. Limited CAS and artillery is already available.

I made a post here earlier in the thread regarding AI recruitment.

Great work Kushluk! If there's any changes needed at the collection, let me know. AFAIK I can't transfer you the collection.

FYI: 105 subscribers and up! Nice job man!Top 1.

Amazing work with this! The Iron Brits heard about it 2 weeks ago and have been running it non stop on our public server. Can't wait to try this new update out tonight and will be back for feedback.

Until then, keep up the good work!

And it is a fantastic mission on a freaking fantastic server.!!!!

Upcoming Release Plan:

I will release a new DICE version after the new Sangin map is released, so the mod changes will be:

• @AIA:TP replaces @A3MP
  • @Sangin_A3_public replaces @Sangin
  • @DAR_MAXXPRO will be required
  • @DICE will be updated for MaxxPro compatibility.
  • The mission file will include all the changes mentioned in one of my previous posts in this thread.

Additionally to the changes posted above, the following will also occur:

• The optional squad management will now be included within the @DICE mod.
  • The MK18 AND RHM4 pack will both be replaced by the HLC AR15 pack.
  • The Slatts M3 MAAWS will be replaced by the STI Launchers (M3 & M32)

Mod Changes Summary

@allinarmaterrainpack

@sangin_a3_public

@dar_maxxpro

@hlcmods_core

@hlc_ar15

@sti_launchers

@mk18_mod1

@rh_m4_a3

@slts_cg

@a3mp

@sangin (including @beton, @mb_rocks, @MBG_KillHouses, @mb_veg_adv, @opx_objects)

Has anyone put together a YouTube vid of this mode together yet? They really should - and they should spread it around!

Pictures of some of the new equipment

http://i.imgur.com/n8c4OJO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F0uzOdV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AWyJvtV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yPTYMw5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VQoSuTH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yz73ys6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/80GQAeS.jpg

I am currently making the final tweaks to this build. Download the new mods and standby for release within the near future.

Hi Kushluk,

Not sure if you're aware (or if you've already posted about it and I missed it) but there's been an update to the SMGR http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173780-AN-PNC-212-Simple-Military-GPS-Receiver - would it be possible to get the new version of this in?

I've added it and tested it on our own server and it's working well. As the SMGR doesn't go in to the GPS slot any more, I had to change how the item was added to the player's inventory and change the corresponding check when selecting 'military gps' from the DEL menu. The dialog name is different, so the createDialog parameter needed changing also.

Thanks,

Tusk