Sign in to follow this  
Kushluk

[COOP] Digital Infantry Combat Environment

Hi Tusk,

Cheers for the notification! The next version will include the new SMGR. I have modified it so it does return to the GPS slot and updated the mission file to correctly integrate with the new interface.

I will probably push the update within the next 36 hours. I am currently preparing some multiplayer testing to ensure no gamebreaking bugs are present.

Hey, Kushluk, are there any plans to introduce more of the CSE modules such as logistics, and field rations?

Also, I think the AI accuracy is a bit high. It's almost "terminator" level-accuracy. Rather than being pinned by heavy suppression fire, it simply feels like every member of the insurgency is a highly trained sniper.

^That's just my opinion though. I'm sure that we could use ASR, and make it manageable.

Edited by Jig86

Hey, Kushluk, are there any plans to introduce more of the CSE modules such as logistics, and field rations?

Certainly. Most of the modules will be added over time once they are stable and add something to the gameplay. Logistics will probably be in the next version, but I have not had enough time to test the comptibility of the rations mechanics. Feel free to edit the mission file and add whichever modules meet your fancy :)

I think the AI accuracy is a bit high. It's almost "terminator" level-accuracy. Rather than being pinned by heavy suppression fire, it simply feels like every member of the insurgency is a highly trained sniper. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure that we could use ASR, and make it manageable.
AI shooting through poppy fields is fixed with the introduction of AIATP and Sangin_A3_public. Their accuracy will be tweaked further with the new mission file, however running some sort of AI mod is highly recommended (bCombat or ASR AI)

the Iron Brits run a great server with this mission.

If you go to their site theironbrits.com and download the launcher it can install all you need..

I see people try to connect all the time and immediately disconnect, prolly because they are missing something.

Would love to see more people on and get to work on killing those terrorists.

Just a heads up, i am revamping the website and have changed the address to https://sites.google.com/site/arma3dice

D.I.C.E. v1.4 should be released within the next 24 hours assuming my final tests do not show any gamebreaking bugs. The new website (linked above) currently displays the updated modlist.

Version 1.4 Released

• Custom ASR AI Settings
  • New Militant Cells
  • New Weapon Set
  • New MaxxPro MRAP
  • New Sangin Map
  • Misc Changes and Fixes

Downloads and Requirements: https://sites.google.com/site/arma3dice/

PlaywithSix Collection (Updated):

@dice.png

The @DICE content mod may take a short while to upload on PlaywithSix, so either download it manually or wait for the changes to appear on Six.

Edited by Kushluk

hm... that zip file is only 6+ MB... does not seem big enough for the AiA map pack etc...

appears to be missing the rest of the stuff needed....

hm... that zip file is only 6+ MB... does not seem big enough for the AiA map pack etc...

appears to be missing the rest of the stuff needed....

U WUT M8?

Thats the @DICE mod... The All in Arma Terrain Pack or AIATP can be found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182072-All-in-Arma-Terrain-Pack-(AiA-TP)-A1-A2-OA-terrains-from-BI-in-A3

Awesome news! Thanks Kushluk!

We've just started testing after I converted 1.3 to use Fallujah. Guess I'll have to convert 1.4 now too :)

How does one go and install this on their own server? Or would you just have to install the mod like a weapons mod? Or is there more then meets the eye?

How does one go and install this on their own server? Or would you just have to install the mod like a weapons mod? Or is there more then meets the eye?

1) Install the dice.hellskitchen mission .pbo file into the mpmissions directory.

2) Run all of the required mods (including @DICE) just like any other mods.

3) Play!

I'm at a complete loss here. I've installed DICE and all the required dependencies through the launcher and everything is green lit, but I can't seem to find the mission itself through scenarios, nor when trying to launch a multiplayer game. Mind you, I'm a newcomer and just started using Playwithsix. I've spent roughly three hours on this, but I'm not feeling any more clever. What could I be missing?

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

I seem to completely have misunderstood how to launch mods through Play withsix, so nevermind. I had 24 individual collections, rather than one.

It sounds like you might just be missing the mission file. Download this and put it in your c:\program files\......\arma 3\mpmissions folder.

All the requirements are listed here.

Version 1.5 Released

There are no @dice or any addon changes. These fixes are all in the mission file.

• Fixed support requests (arty, cas, resupply)
  • Swapped out MRCO optic for G33 optic
  • Added revive script additional to CSE (Fix instadeath)

Downloads and Requirements: https://sites.google.com/site/arma3dice/

Updated Mission File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ug5iw2ufznk5oy0/DICE.hellskitchen.pbo

Hi Kushluk, thanks again for all your work. We've been playing DICE since the first time and we are happy with all improvements you've done so far. However, our only headache has been the CSE as a medical system. It's really frustrating to find bugs everytime we play DICE. I saw you added the fix instadeath so I hope it gets better because Instakill + AI Accuracy = nightmare :butbut: :butbut:

I would like you to consider adding AGM medical system instead but it's just a suggestion.

Thanks again!

Edited by AlexSegen

I have been trying to get this mission to work all day. I have installed all the required mods. I have used the links in "this thread" to get the mission file and the latest @DICE. I load up the map in multi-player. I get a warning about a weapon sight, the game initialises then after the helicopter in the base explodes "MISSION COMPLETE".

There are no error warnings and as I have seen in this thread nothing shows up red or blue to tell me anything, I literally get boom, mission complete.

so how many gigs do you expect us to download for this mission, as far as i see its more than the game itself, must think very highly of yourself to do that. might as well say, - addons=all. if it needs that many addons its not a good mission.

I have been trying to get this mission to work all day. I have installed all the required mods. I have used the links in "this thread" to get the mission file and the latest @DICE. I load up the map in multi-player.
I get a warning about a weapon sight
It sounds like you have followed the instructions to the letter! Could you please provide me the error regarding the weapon optic?
.the game initialises then after the helicopter in the base explodes "MISSION COMPLETE".
This is unheard of in my experience... I could guess that you might have the old arma 2 version of Sangin? The base locations have been changed and it is possible that the helicopter is spawning inside a building or something. Check that you have @sangin_a3_public and not @sangin running.

-------------------------------------

so how many gigs do you expect us to download for this mission, as far as i see its more than the game itself, must think very highly of yourself to do that. might as well say, - addons=all. if it needs that many addons its not a good mission.
Most of the addon requirements are not particularly mission crititcal such as weapons, uniforms and vehicles. The mod requirements have been selected by me to best emulate the current theatre of war. If you do not feel that the extra addons are sufficiently improving the immersion and game experience; please free the remove them within your own private edited version using vanilla arma 3 equipment. This scenario was never designed to hold your hand or be simple to setup; it was designed to be the most complete and immersive afghan based combat cooperative gamemode.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Hi Kushluk, thanks again for all your work. We've been playing DICE since the first time and we are happy with all improvements you've done so far. However, our only headache has been the CSE as a medical system. It's really frustrating to find bugs everytime we play DICE. I saw you added the fix instadeath so I hope it gets better because Instakill + AI Accuracy = nightmare :butbut: :butbut:

I would like you to consider adding AGM medical system instead but it's just a suggestion.

I am constantly evaluating the different medical systems available to the arma community. I will certainly consider AGM and take another look at how to best implement it.

In the meantime, I have made some changes to CSE by adding a revive script. Please provide some feedback as to how effective it is.

I subscribed to the DICE collection in PlayWithSix, installed all of the mods, launched ARMA 3 with the DICE modset and started a LAN game on elite difficulty with only myself in the game. It reads "initialization" for a few seconds and then it goes away and nothing else happens. I try to get into a vehicle and I see the option to get in but when I select it, nothing happens. Something's not right. Any help?

That is a very strange problem that I have not heard of before. It sounds like you have followed the correct procedures to the letter!

- Ensure that you are running the latest version of @CBA_A3 and @TASK_FORCE_RADIO by checking the expansions tab from the main menu.

- Upload the latest ArmA3 RPT file from %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3 to http://pastebin.com/ and either PM me the link or post it here.

- Upload a screenshot of the base after you spawn and run around to imgur.com and link it here.

I should be able to help you after this information.

That is a very strange problem that I have not heard of before. It sounds like you have followed the correct procedures to the letter!

- Ensure that you are running the latest version of @CBA_A3 and @TASK_FORCE_RADIO by checking the expansions tab from the main menu.

- Upload the latest ArmA3 RPT file from %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3 to http://pastebin.com/ and either PM me the link or post it here.

- Upload a screenshot of the base after you spawn and run around to imgur.com and link it here.

I should be able to help you after this information.

I am running the latest versions of @CBA_A3 and @TASK_FORCE_RADIO

I tried to upload a screenshot but the Print Screen key results in a black image

Pastebin link sent to you via PM. Thanks for the help!

Edited by JaySmizzle

Your RPT file shows that AICOMTARGET has launched, indicating that the mission has executed successfully. I went through that log file line by line and cannot see anything that could cause such an odd issue. You are definately running all the required addons correctly...

Can you please take a screenshot of the layout of the base from one end looking at the other using these instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9943-WOLN-6452 and upload it to imgur.com

The only thing I can think of is that one of your mods might be corrupted... you could test this by running the DICE modset and creating your own blank mission in the editor on the sangin map with a handful of DICE vehicles.

Deleted

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Your RPT file shows that AICOMTARGET has launched, indicating that the mission has executed successfully. I went through that log file line by line and cannot see anything that could cause such an odd issue. You are definately running all the required addons correctly...

Can you please take a screenshot of the layout of the base from one end looking at the other using these instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9943-WOLN-6452 and upload it to imgur.com

The only thing I can think of is that one of your mods might be corrupted... you could test this by running the DICE modset and creating your own blank mission in the editor on the sangin map with a handful of DICE vehicles.

I don't know why it wasn't working before but I'm able to take screenshots now and here they are:

http://imgur.com/kJrGL3y,J6w4Q0o,VYiAZ7B,qfYsQyJ,fVL1Be7,dFssazn

Edited by JaySmizzle