Sign in to follow this  
zaza

The things I've learned from Arma 2

I want to share what I've learned from the campaign, and this includes:

1. Soldiers have magic healing powers. You can get a bullet through the spine, the heart, the brain, or any major organ, and as long as one of your squad mates puts both his hands on your chest you will make an instant recovery.
  2. When US soldiers are shot they first get injured and then they die if they're shot again, but other soldiers drop dead on the spot.
  3. You can use an APC to turn a thick cedar forest into a golf course by just driving through it.
  4. Soldiers need the radio to communicate even if they're standing right next to each other.
  5. US good. Russians bad.
  6. All guns sound the same, all vehicles sound the same.
  7. If you are an officer you can instantly erect a barracks and use it to spawn soldiers out of thin air.

Please tell me what you have learned.

I have a solution: uninstall it and play something else. Why do something that makes you unhappy.

Actually I love the game.

Except for the campaign, cheapest ass campaign I ever played, no tanks, no choppers, no planes, no large operations, no lower rank than leader, no defending, no ambushing, no lost loner mission, no parachuting, no... well you get the picture. Just 10 missions about the adventures of a 4-man special ops squad with an atrociously voice-acted squad leader. When I compare it to the campaign of Cold War Crisis I cry.

The place to be is in the Editor making missions/campaigns of your own. Correctly designed and with the right mod set you'll have an experience way beyond any of the campaigns BI will provide.

Its where the game excels, but it takes lots of time, as you probably already know..;)

I got Operation Arrowhead in Oct 2010. The individual scenarios are poor.

I make my own in the editor. Everything can be randomised so a mission plays differently every time.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

[*]Soldiers have magic healing powers.

No, the game has different levels of difficulity.

[*]When US soldiers are shot they first get injured and then they die if they're shot again, but other soldiers drop dead on the spot.

Why don't you play as enemy against US soldiers and then see the result?

As mentioned, mods and editor are where its at. BI provided the base, the community built the game!

As mentioned, mods and editor are where its at. BI provided the base, the community built the game!

I got a question, is there a campaign mod where you can be the bad guy?

Like say "Go into town and murder all inhabitants", or play a Concentration Camp supervisor.

I'm tired of the generic campaign mods, they're all "here are some evil insurgents, go kill them" or "liberate this country from evil Russians or someone".

I tried DayZ, it turned out to be a running simulator. Stopped playing it after a day.

Like say "Go into town and murder all inhabitants",

Place civilians on the map and go and kill them.

.....or play a Concentration Camp survivor

Make yourself a civilian with no guns and give the enemy guns together with the order for them to come and kill you.

Not what I asked for, but they're still awesome! I'm playing Black Lands right now! Will try Fallout later too.

Do you have a complete list of all similar campaign mods?

Edit: Black Lands: Gameplay is really good. Story however: "Russians invading my country, killed my family, NOOOOOO! Now I want revenge! I will Kill Russians!" bleh...

I mean really, why would people go through all the trouble of making such amazing cutscenes and gameplay for such an unoriginal story?

Edited by zaza

Also check out mods like ACE which drastically alter gameplay (for the better IMO). Be warned that using mods in campaigns not designed for that mod can cause issues.