Sign in to follow this  
teeha

GPNVG18 Panoramic Nightvision

Should brightness control and film grain be added to the mod?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should brightness control and film grain be added to the mod?

• Yes
    • No

Once finished with mine you guys are more than welcome to add these nice scripts and stuff with them. I just noticed your guys nods tonight when I'm about to finish up with my pair lol. You can check them at my website or on my vests page of interested. No offense but the ones you guys have are a bit out of proportion. The textures and rvmats look good though.

Yep. As me and WarLord have said, we are doing fine tuning to get everything as close as possible to the real life NODs model wise and those pictures are from it being first in-game.

When my friend originally made them they were about the size of a car. Here's a picture of it if you're interested. Haha

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tawteeha/screenshots/?appid=107410

BTW, i'm really liking your vest mod. :D

how goes the fine tuning, really looking forward to them, don't keep me waiting to long... I have been known to wheep :D

This is a port that BI needs to consider for inclusion into the standard game. I can't imagine why 4-tube NVs or even a different NV system altogether didn't make it into a futuristic ArmaIII world... looks great and hope these start getting used.

I wish they did, but as I know BIS, they won't do it.

After extensive research, they have been resized and look alot better :), also redoing the view again

No helmet on your special operations?

No problem ;)

buldozer%202014-07-14%2012-27-48-41_zps36fhhs32.jpg

buldozer%202014-07-14%2012-27-36-45_zpsguogkm5q.jpg

Warlord has been doing an amazing job on the updated models/textures and I have begun work on the batteries but they may or may not be done for the initial release.

Things are going well!!

I've wanted this pair of NVG's ever since the alpha. I'm happy to see it's in the works! Hopefully it comes out soon! This will be on my MUST HAVE list of addons!

Warlord, your nvg harness looks a lot like the ops-core skullcrusher harness. Was that the source for your inspiration or are there other harnesses like that in existence? It looks great. Keep up the good work.

Just something I came up with. Didn't realize it existed. Also completely reworked nvg model, new tex maps, etc.

Glad you like it so far :)

I'm craving these soooo bad! I wish I could just use them now! haha

Well we are currently working on updating models/textures and some other neat things we will be releasing with it but we don't want to release something that isn't complete.

But I can see us getting it released fairly soon now. :)

Good to hear. Glad to see you gys take pride in your work, can't wait :)

All in good time guys :)

I am testing/tweaking the headgear, he is working on some goodies to add "cool" factor. Also going to include a headstrap with standard battery box, for anyone not using gpnvg18's that enjoys realism. And lastly I need to discuss it with Teeha but id like to include a thermal version just for fun

Stay tuned it won't be long;)

I think thermal vision on all of them would be a bad touch, maybe just one of them and call it the GPNVG19's?

I think thermal vision on all of them would be a bad touch, maybe just one of them and call it the GPNVG19's?

Not really sure what you mean, but only one pair would be. The rest would be standard nvgs

We're working on it guys!

I'm iffy about any sort of thermal vision with the NVG18 model it self. I think if thermal vision is something that would be wanted, I would want to make a different model for it as these don't have any sort of thermal capabilities to my knowledge. I'm considering doing an entire NV overhaul mod that would include NVG's in all sorts of different forms but that's for a later date. These are priority. (If there are specific pairs of NVG's you would like to see let me know so I can look into them)

As for the batteries I don't currently have a working script for it. My knowledge of SQF is very limited so it's been sorta difficult to get it all figured out so i'm going to guess it won't be included in the mod on release. (If you have some know a bit about scripting and would want to help out with making a script to get working batteries on these goggles PM me!)

I'm really glad people are still looking forward to it although it's release has been delayed as we want to release something of higher quality rather than just releasing what we have!

Are you going to make the nv more realistic? I mean with some grain etc. ?

Film grain is definitely something I've thought about but I'm not sure whether or not to add it. A lot of it comes down to personal preference as some people love it and others hate it. I just don't want to have multiple releases of something that has more variants within it as it gets hard to update and just unorganized in general.

I'm also considering including some sort of brightness script but again, I'm fairly limited in what I can do script wise but I am learning and I think its definitely doable to have brightness and film grain modifications to make them look more realistic.

I can add brightness and grain if he wants it. Teeha maybe add a vote to this thread and see what the community wants ;)

A poll has been made.

Let me know what you guys want!