Sign in to follow this  
MarcusCunningham

US Army Faction

RELEASED:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180056-US-Army-A3&p=2724827#post2724827

Information:

With the lack of the US Army faction in Arma 3, I have decided to begin work on a US faction.

This faction will be a combination of 4 mods:

• US_Pack by Craig
  • RH_M4 by Robert Hammer
  • RH_Pistols by Robert Hammer
  • Task Force Radio by Task Force Team

I will not be making anything in this pack seeing as I have a lack of modeling knowledge, so all credit for the assests used in this addon will go to the people above.

Description:

The addon will add the US Army as a faction in the game (See screenshots below).

In-game Editor Screenshot: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041932041736/CE22B08AF539978FB399D4A02C302F088EF3E441/

In-game Editor Screenshot: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881200916/6722EDB3647151C55FE0251D66B3D32488331646/

It will consist of 4 different camos:

• Desert
  • Digital ACU
  • Multicam
  • Woodland

There will be a groups of units using each of the camos above. These units include:

• Air
  • Infantry
  • Mechanized
  • Recon
  • Support

In-Game Screenshots:

Desert Rifleman: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881055875/E2C50B577FC966104E31FEB1C576312E53489CAE/

Digital Rifleman: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881060166/7444C1C5DDECBE4A1EBD3A0788DB6A20AE3B35D3/

Multicam Rifleman: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881064115/E40BF4CDBE3BD69208D5E3E08C4262CAAB1CAE5F/

Woodland Rifleman: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881069397/B438432854E9A329819E7A580307E0EFAA636D94/

More screenshots on the way.

Also sorry for the bad quality, I am on my laptop for the next month.

Future Plans:

I plan on adding another additional mods such as BTC Weapons which I would use to switch out the LMG for the Autorifleman to a M249, and I would replace the AT for the Rifleman AT with the AT-4, but depending on what kind of feedback I receive, this is an option.

FAQ

Q. When will it be released?

A. Hopefully soon, I don't want to give a date, but either some time this month, or beginning of next month.

Q. How many units will this pack include?

A. 96 units

Credits

JayJay

JoshNZ

floop

Teeha

Edited by MarcusCunningham

Can i share one opinion ? Av indus US military will be a bit better...craig do generic stuff... nothing against his work he helped me and my partner creating the FARCS...but Av indus us army has some of the army units and current clothing...including user created model of vests... a SPC and one IOTV if i'm not mistaken

Can i share one opinion ? Av indus US military will be a bit better...craig do generic stuff... nothing against his work he helped me and my partner creating the FARCS...but Av indus us army has some of the army units and current clothing...including user created model of vests... a SPC and one IOTV if i'm not mistaken

I am creating this mod for my community, which will eliminate our loadout script, and I thought I would make it public. The other reason why we don't use Av indus, is because we wanted something with more options and that also uses the RH gear because in my opinion, some of the best mods in the Arma community.

Craigs US Pack is really in-depth, it has over 45 camos, with over 8 items for each camo which makes over 400 various items, not including his awesome SP pack. Therefore I don't know what your talking about when you say Craig does generic stuff, but I think his pack is rather in-depth.

Plus my community wanted something alittle more personal when it came to loadouts, so even if we did use the AV indus items, we would probably customize it anyway. Therefore this addon fits perfect into our repository.

Edited by MarcusCunningham

Hey Marcus, could you include an optional config without TFAR? I would use your units in SP missions mostly, and I don´t use TFAR when playing solo...

and on the RH thread you´ve given us the idea you´re creating a replacement pack for NATO to look like your screenshots... I don´t oppose the idea of another addon with US Army (your concept and Av Ind have diferent approachs) but if you include a replacement pack with your mod it will be quite popular down here ;D

and what Ckrauslo means is that Craig uses retextures of vanilla assets, while AV IndUS has vests and other assets modelled to represent current US gear... but I think his work is fair enough (RHS and SOC mods will bring all in depth and detail we need... later!)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

He does only the camos, he doesn't make a specific unit that is generic

;2724236']Hey Marcus' date=' could you include an optional config without TFAR? I would use your units in SP missions mostly, and I don´t use TFAR when playing solo.[/quote']

Yes I will probably include a version without TFAR.

;2724236']and on the RH thread you´ve given us the idea you´re creating a replacement pack for NATO to look like your screenshots... I don´t oppose the idea of another addon with US Army (your concept and Av Ind have diferent approachs) but if you include a replacement pack with your mod it will be quite popular down here ;D

Sorry if I was misunderstood on the RH forum' date=' but I cannot create a replacement pack for the NATO faction in the game already because that would require editing of game files, which is not my 'cup of tea' so I am sorry but I will only be creating a US faction.

;2724236']and what Ckrauslo means is that Craig uses retextures of vanilla assets, while AV IndUS has vests and other assets modelled to represent current US gear... but I think his work is fair enough (RHS and SOC mods will bring all in depth and detail we need... later!)

Yeah I understands what he means. I am also really looking forward to RHS AFRF and USF. I think those both will complete the game in my opinion.

Replacement configs aren't like that at all. In fact, they're quite easy to make. If you want help, hit me up with a PM and I'll show you. No need to edit the base game files.

to add to EvanCat's post, a replacement config is a file that overrides in-game files, you just define a new path to unit/item models for the respective units/items you want changed.

you pack your file as a pbo along with all the needed models, launch the game with it activated as a mod, and your items in the game have different models, but only visible to you. so it's clientside only, and people don't have to have it to be able to play with you on the same server

to add to EvanCat's post, a replacement config is a file that overrides in-game files, you just define a new path to unit/item models for the respective units/items you want changed.

you pack your file as a pbo along with all the needed models, launch the game with it activated as a mod, and your items in the game have different models, but only visible to you. so it's clientside only, and people don't have to have it to be able to play with you on the same server

Oh I see, alright sounds good. Alright well I will have a look at it, and if I want to do that in the future, then I will.

Thanks for the help guys.