Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Hosting Issue today

So I am trying to host a game in the Multiplayer lobby today and it doesn't allow me to host anything..the game completely freezes/locks up and I have to cntrl-alt-delete and shut it down..anyone else having this issue? I thought maybe it was due to gamespy shutting down but even in the steam tab it doesn't work.

Diesel

Have you had this issue from the start or did it work fine before?

Have you had this issue from the start or did it work fine before?

It worked fine before yesterday..I always pack my pbos after the editor than host and see if everything works ok...suddenly yesterday couldn't host anything..just freezes on the hosting screen.

Same issue today,freezes on the hosting screen and need to bring up task manager to get out of it.

Never had any issues before. Thanks for the reply.

I can also attest to this. It's happening to me as well.

I am having the same problem. All hosted games are not showing up in the server browser. originally we had to switch to gamespy in order to find the server but now there is nothing. I desperately need a fix for the problem withing 24h.

unable to see any non dedicated servers and our dedicated which before only showed up on Gamespy has completely disappeared.

it kind of ruined our weekly gaming night as we can not game.

Another major screw up :icon_rolleyes:

Did anyone at BIS check local hosting was working before dropping GameSpy?!?!?! :mad:

EDIT: Seems GameSpy was shutting down so not BiS fault but they should have prioritized getting Steam servers working.

Edited by EDcase

Another major screw up :icon_rolleyes:

Did anyone at BIS check local hosting was working before dropping GameSpy?!?!?! :mad:

It seems not, hopefully they'll fix this rather glaring bug asap.

Same problem here.

The usual workaround (unsubscribing from every Steam mission) doesn't work for me. Hosting games on LAN seems to be a non-issue, not once I select Internet as Host, the game simply locks up.

Alright, here's the fun part: With a mod being loaded (CBA and BWMOD in my case), hosting on Internet actually works. Once I deactiate those mods, the game freezes again.

Edited by Reuter