bardosy

[SP/MP CAMPAIGN] The Greek Dozen - AAF Bad Company

The Greek Dozen
AAF Bad Company campaign

AAF 2nd Battalion's independent recon squad is Sigma. A bunch of lunatic with big mouth... err... Of course they think different:
"Sigma is the independent recon squad of 2nd Altian Battalion. Altis is a small country and we have no two battalions in our army, but we officially dismiss the 1st Battalion after 2nd World War, because they surrendered to the Germans. So the 2nd Battalion is Altis' only battalion. And 2nd has very effective units, such as Beloianis self-propelled artillery battery. Or Koratiros Armoured Company. But we, the Sigma, are the best units in Altis Army. Or maybe in the whole Aegian region. members of Sigma are all volunteers and picked by a very hard test. We are all professional killers, cold-blooded murderers and occasionally blood drinkers. Soldiers in Sigma are well trained and much better then any member of Delta Force or NAVY Seals. Or even the MOSAD. So if you bored to paying your bills, come to Altis and take photos for a videogame and you will have not to paying your bills anymore."
This is their story...

30sy3cp.jpg

1st mission: Survivor training
Sigma unit has to finish their annual survivor training with a terrain run.
Steam Workshop: Survivor training

2nd mission: Anti-Ambush
Sigma unit is the main force in an anti-terrorist operation.
Steam Workshop: Anti-Ambush

3rd mission: Pull Britannia
Sigma unit has to find out what the British specops do in Altis and defend their independence.
Steam Workshop: Pull Britannia

4th mission: Village people
Sigma unit has to break down the power of FIA local government in Syrta.
Steam Workshop: Village people

5th mission: Greeks vs Latins
Sigma unit has to eliminate a south-american drug cartel based on Altis.
Steam Workshop: Greeks vs Latins

6th mission: Lamerica
Sigma face a new enemy: militant refugees.
Steam Workshop: Lamerica

Download as mission pack:
Dropbox: GreekDozen
Armaholic: The Greek Dozen

Edited by bardosy
  • Like 1

Just loved this first mission, hope it will be a long and fun campaign as Persian Tale!

I must confess that I roleplayed the whole mission, adding my personall thoughts and behaving like a Bad Company guy...

Guess what? I´ve resolved the hostage situation with a grenade and loved the dialog it prompted (you were expecting some douchebag behavior, weren´t you ;) But I´d like to have the action of picking the money scattered at the hideout, thou the final dialog let no doubts the altian bunch got them all for themselves lol

Hope you get some guys to do voice acting, this missions will be sure winners!

Keep them coming!!!!

@Corporal_Lib[bR]:

Thank you for the feedback!

Actually, there is an action to take money. :) I thought about it. Unfortunately you missed it. Probably it's my fault: I have to make the action more obviously.

Managing real voice actors is a nightmare to me. So I create this TTS voiceover to my arma3 missions and when someone volunteers to manage it, I can send him the lines and when he send back the ogg files, I just overwrite it in the mission folder and done. But I lost a very good campaign in Arma1 because of voiceover (the process was soo slow Arma2 knocked out Sahrani), so I don't want spend time for managing, I save time for mission making ;)

New mission (#2) added.

3rd mission (Pull Britannia) added. The lousy Brits sneaking on Sigma's favorite island. So HQ command to our brave Greeks to find out what the puddings do and probably eliminate them too.

Thanks a lot Bardosy, these missions allow me to be a prick (don´t know why, but I had a bizarre pleasure in shooting FIA rebels on the balls... just for fun) and laugh a lot ;)

Hope to see some Monty Python jokes on the third mission... playing now! =D

Thank you Corporal! I try to keep up the prick-level in this campaign... :)

This 3rd mission is a little bit more difficult, then previous ones. But I need a big fight, like in Persian Tale. So probably in the next mission CSAT start their invasion. And Sigma has to fight against the conquerors.

Sigma guys could make reference to Starship Troopers when joking about CSAT (Bug heads = insectoid space invaders from Paul Vernhoven movie) or The Fly movie lol

Like in BC campaign, the guys could be after some recently discovered pirate treasure (gold or something that looks like a treasure chest) or are they going to a wild goose chase after the

earthquake machine? the SAS guys had a sismographer...

Keep them coming ;)

My friend always call CSAT soldiers to "ant-head".

Founding a treasure chest is not so prick-ish, as selling weapon to FIA and then kill them all. ;)

And yes, something will be happen with

seismic activity, device... etc. But I try a different story as in BIS campaign. Like in Persian Tale campaign: the device is not an earthquake machine, but a earthquake-generator.

Well put together mission enjoyed it!

It's a great honor, when someone register to this forum only for post a positive feedback. Thanks a lot!

There´s 3 missions already, how many are you planning to sum´up the whole campaign? 7 to 9 like Persian Tale or is it going to be shorter?

Anxious for the 4th mission with the "Altis Basterds" lol

cheers!

I started to work on two new mission.

I left this campaign, because it was more story-driven then fighting and I thought more fight could be better (as in my campaigns since Chesty Puller). But more fight mean less story. Before Chesty I made storyfull campaigns for OFP. The player has history, the player has emotions, friends, enemies and the story was twisted many times. But programming story is much harder - yes, programming: I can imagine good stories, but implement it in Arma-engine is much harder. And I had a dilemma what community love more: story or fight. And I created Chesty Puller with less story and more fight and it was a success. So I try to keep the story and the fight in good balance. And I thought in the first 3 missions of Greek Dozen, the story win against the fight. So it's time to make more fight with these Greek scumbags.

The 4th mission is almost complete. I just put a little twist into the end. And I need to playtest a few more times and then I can publish.

The 5th mission is only in my head (except a few test for the mechanism). But this one is not for fight, but story.

Sounds great, and I trust your creator judgment to strike the perfect balance between story and intense fighting! Looking forward for the new missions!

Thanks.

4th mission is published.

Will you update the mission pack with the 4th pbo file?

Thanks.

Oh, sorry. I forgot this! I will do at afternoon.

Will you update the mission pack with the 4th pbo file?

Thanks.

Done. Dropbox link refer to the new zip. Thanks again.

New missions says Sigma5, is this a mistake (should be sigma4)?

New missions says Sigma5, is this a mistake (should be sigma4)?

Yes, I know, it's confuse a little bit. I started the sigma4 mission, but I abandon. So the 4th mission name is sigma5. Sorry for the trouble. :(

Ok, thanks for the info.

I rename the pbo to cox_the-greek-dozen-04-anti-ambush.altis.pbo, is it ok?

Ok, thanks for the info.

I rename the pbo to cox_the-greek-dozen-04-anti-ambush.altis.pbo, is it ok?

Thanks Big for your extra work. But the 4th mission name is not anti-ambush, but "village people". I hope it will not confuse the players more then my sigma05 ;)

It will be trouble for you if I continue my screwed numbering with sigma06 (for 5th mission), sigma07 (for 6th mission)... etc?

Bardosy

Please take out the robotic Voiceover out of all your missions and please don´t use it again. Robotic Voiceovers are incredibly immersion breaking...... :(

OK. I get it.

But missions without voice over are a little bit dead.

I thought, if I made these TTS (text-to-speak) voiceovers in my mission, some people or a clan will help me to change the robotic OGG files to human ones.

But collecting people for real voiceover and manage them to send the files is much more then just create a new whole campaign.

And I didn't found the TTS so terrible as you, because it - at least - warn the players (including me) if someone talk to me during an intense firefight. Lot of people missed important info, if only write out in the screen.

Check the last Greek Dozen mission! It's without the TTS voiceover. ;)