Sign in to follow this  
Mora2

Best drivers for geforce 4 ti 4400

I asked in the thread above to a guy that was running under a p3550mhz,geforce4ti4400 what drivers he was using because he claims that he can run smoothly 1024*768 at 32bits true color with all textures except one at 4096*4096.

Unfortunately the thread was closed (because of my spam) and my post deleted and didn´t get an answer...

I think the latest detonator should do the job but another person says the 27.something work better...so i am a bit confused with this...

I´ve been connected all day trying to catch this guy (NavyEEL) so he can tell me in a private message what drivers he has but without success so i was wondering if someone has a similar specs and similar miraclous performance...

He also says that his is runnig in high ingame settings which amazes me much more....

Note for moderators:Please don´t close this thread or delete it because i just want to know how to make resistance go fine and get the max performance.This is not any intend of spam or lammishness or whatever you want...

I'm on an Athlong 2100+ (1.733ghz) 512mb PC2100 DDR ram, Asus A7M266 mobo, SB Audigy 5.1, GeForce4 Ti4600 driver version 29.42, I've never been able to run with textures at more than 1024x1024, my system just chugs. I can't put the distance slider above 3000 without getting serious lag. So I put it at 1500 with High quality textures that are all 256x256. Geometry performace is at 10333. I used fraps running in 1152x864 32bit res & got 80 to 90 frames in most areas. Any suggestions for tweaking would be appreciated.

Yes for me 27.50 detonators work best so far (haven't checked older dets yet). I tried 29.42 once again today and the game started to stutter a lot. With 27.50 there's no stutter for me (except thick forests). Gotta check the older dets now.

Very good site for Detonator drivers is Reactor Critical: http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml#1000

I´d really apprecciate NavyEel to present and tell us how the hell he can get that miraclous preformance...i´ve been triyng all the afternoon and i´m in a similar situation as Lucidity.

mine is XP1900 786MBSDRAM Benchmark 4500

I have P4 2.0GhZ, 1Ghz of RDRAM, Geforce 3 graphic card. In OFPR, everything is set at max, HW TL mode off because of those ugly white lines on the ground. Terrain detai is set at high, very high looks ugly, view distance is set at 2000m.

I'm using 29.42 offical detonator drivers. For me, all drivers are the same. Performace is always the same.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lucidity @ July 14 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm on an Athlong 2100+ (1.733ghz) 512mb PC2100 DDR ram, Asus A7M266 mobo, SB Audigy 5.1, GeForce4 Ti4600 driver version 29.42, I've never been able to run with textures at more than 1024x1024, my system just chugs. I can't put the distance slider above 3000 without getting serious lag. So I put it at 1500 with High quality textures that are all 256x256. Geometry performace is at 10333. I used fraps running in 1152x864 32bit res &  got 80 to 90 frames in most areas. Any suggestions for tweaking would be appreciated.<span id='postcolor'>

fps around 80-90confused.gif

I dont use even close of your settings but my biggest fps is about 25-40 and minimum is about 15 with tb-1300,512,gf4 4400 so is it really the sad true that about 300-400mhz powerfull cpu with gf4 4600 you can get double fps?

Those 27.50 were never officialy released and as such are illeagle. but cause they're good for the game, and cause my nose has'nt got an Iron sight on the end. I'll let it pass! tounge.gif ...

Guru of 3D is another good place for Dets if i remember rightly. they used to have a complete comparison table with different results for different cards. Gf2/MX/ Gf3/Ti200/Ti500, ect...don't know how much it varys game to game, but judgeing fromSoF2 it does..., at least you can see which drivers are better for your card...

PS. does turning of HW TL really get rid of the dotted lines?...

haha i finally found your post, Mora2   biggrin.gif   All of my drivers are 2742 (4.13.01.2742, to be specific).  Dunno much about all these different detonator drivers people are using, but my current one works fine, so I'll stick with it for now.  (If it's not broken, don't fix it!wink.gif  Feel free to ICQ me, Mora, and maybe we can get your game running faster.  ICQ# --> 146028413  Also keep in mind that my view distance is somewhere between 1000-1100... that helps improve game speed as well.  Besides, when are you going to attack something that's two kilometers away??  If you are then it's most likely with a tracking weapon and you don't need to see the enemy anyway.  smile.gif  Just my 2 cents...  Hope this helps

thanks very much for the reply Navy, i don´t have Icq but i´ll handle myself with all the reccomendations and looks 29.42 drivers can do the job.

Tecnichal question: Can Viewdistance be setted ingame?

What is better for performance? Direct3D or Direct3D&T&L???

Yes viewdistance CAN be set in the game, in the options menu under video options. And Direct3D T&L will give you better graphics performance as far as light and textures, but could possibly slow down gameplay. However, seeing as how you have a Gf4 4400, I wouldn't worry about it. Gf4's work well under high performance settings so I would leave the T&L on... make sure you turn it on in the Flashpoint Preferences as well as in the game. If it's still running slow, turn your terrain setting to High or Normal (still looks great). Also decrease viewdistance if you must, and in your flashpoint preferences, decrease the amount of lights/shadows that you have. Good luck!