Update on my end, the entire framework for the script is complete and currently all vehicles (land, sky, water) get immobilized when in range. Unfortunately, while working I came upon an unfortunate issue within bohemia's code. I can fix this manually but I have posted on the feedback sections. Would be nice for this to get fixed so I dont have to get intimate with a lot of vehicles in vanilla arma 3...

So yeah, this mod is not dead. Sorry for having to abandon it for a while. It has been for quite a while, more or less, finished state. We have just had no ability to complete the testing. It should work, but we are loathe to release it when we haven't fully tested it. Unfortunately, due to how it works, certain parts need to be executed on each computer locally, so being able to test it on our server has been a very scarce appearance. We will release an alpha build hopefully shortly.

I wonder will this work against the Wanzer mechs?

It should in theory, let us know!

The problem is that EMP's won't work against military electronics that are shielded.

For example tanks during research and development phase, and also after each modernization, are tested against EMP's.

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/02/22/236080/size0.jpg

Here is a photo of M1 tank tested against large EMP device to meet EMP survivability requirements.

EMP's are preaty much useless against heavy hardware, and mainly affect not shielded civilian infrastructure.

Tank is like huge faraday cage. Its made from metal so it makes EMP almost useless against it. Armor works like shield.

The only problem can be a vunerable radio equipment. There is nothing more vunerable to EMP than radio equipment, the circuit connected to antenna is first victim, but i guess its possible to overcome using device that will ground antenna just like those device that protects electrical instalations from lightning strikes.

http://elektrosklad.pl/?p28,ochronnik-przeciwprzepieciowy-ogranicznik-przepiec-fotton-obv1-c-4-20-40ka-klasa-c

This gizmo can protect mains from lightning stikes. It simply grounds the power line when lightning strikes. I guess its possible to build similar device for antennas.

Edited by macieksoft

Tank is like huge faraday cage. Its made from metal so it makes EMP almost useless against it. Armor works like shield.

The only problem can be a vunerable radio equipment. There is nothing more vunerable to EMP than radio equipment, the circuit connected to antenna is first victim, but i guess its possible to overcome using device that will ground antenna just like those device that protects electrical instalations from lightning strikes.

http://elektrosklad.pl/?p28,ochronnik-przeciwprzepieciowy-ogranicznik-przepiec-fotton-obv1-c-4-20-40ka-klasa-c

This gizmo can protect mains from lightning stikes. It simply grounds the power line when lightning strikes. I guess its possible to build similar device for antennas.

yeah.. we are still contemplating what to do about that. I have been working on ways to interact with Task Force Radio to make the mod work with it and disable those radio's. Will be trying to get that working for the next update.

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Getting this to work on radios would definitely make the battlefield more interesting, great work so far guys. Up voted your ticket also.

@AlexSegen and @LtShadow, I would love to answer your questions if you have any, but I cannot determine what either of you are asking.

IF possible, i want some EMP rocket and EMP grenade.

The EMP satchel right now is inferior to current conventional weapons like Explosive Satchel or Anti-tank missles.

And please make it lightweight, the weight right now is not justified by the benefit it brings.

Alrighty were coming back. Its been a long time but aftere giving up on 3d modeling and coming back stronger then ever we will be touching this mod again. 

02ff604bd613b33e12a2269adcf38d7d.png

94344e83a60442307c80bcc04ca8bc7a.png

As for direction of the art itself ive decided to keep with ArmA 3 Milsim look instead of future tech.

• Like 1