alexboy

C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar)

1.32 position fixes for the Nimitz:

Left front gun: [p,[-20,100,-4.5]];

Right front gun: [p,[24,100,-4]];

Rear gun: [p,[14.5,-165.5,-7]];

For 1.32 the C-RAM doesn't engage either but the Phalanx systems work perfectly.

The C-RAM have no sound the AA missiles sound work fine but not the minigun

The C-RAM have no sound the AA missiles sound work fine but not the minigun

I tested myself just now and have the same issues. Also, none of the AI seem to be targeting incoming mortar fire.

Use the Phalanx, looks odd since it's designed for ships but... it works better than the C-RAM.

yeah I use both and none of them have sound I hate tried to add it in my self but haven't been able to get it to work

is this mod still being worked on? The author's last update was July 6th. alexboy, if you are not working on this anymore, I will be more than happy to take over for you.

Finally got the mod to work right with my own flak script. Here is a video of what I did...

One suggestion to the author is to make the sound compatible with JSRS. The sound of this weapon system firing is more of a long grunting noise rather than what you have currently. Here is an example of the weapon system in real life...

If the mod is compatible with JSRS, I'm guessing JSRS will probably try and make this sound. I'm guessing the vanilla sound that would make all this happen is using the same sound the A-164's cannon uses.

Dixon13, you could post your fix here, as long as it doesn´t replace Alexboy´s addon, it must be a config file that replace´s his configs... please, alexboy is AWOL but you can´t replace him until he shows up and grant you the mod continuity, but you can contribute with a fix as long as it is an extra (repairing) config!

cheers!

;2835892']Dixon13, you could post your fix here, as long as it doesn´t replace Alexboy´s addon, it must be a config file that replace´s his configs... please, alexboy is AWOL but you can´t replace him until he shows up and grant you the mod continuity, but you can contribute with a fix as long as it is an extra (repairing) config!

cheers!

I didn't change anything in the mod. I just opened up the mod and figured out how to get it to work. This line of code is what got me thinking...

_unitside = side _unit; //Checking if the round being shot is on enemy side

Before I had a blufor unit shooting a CSAT mortar at the C-RAM but I saw this and decided to make myself a CSAT unit when firing the CSAT mortar and it worked.

The flak script I am relating to is what I have added myself that is not related to the mod. Here is a video of my flak script in action without the C-RAM:

Is there something wrong with this stuff ,I can`t seem to get mine to work with the Editor,it shows up ,am I missing a script or something ,it`s for arma3 ,right?

And another thing ,can you or someone else modify "Mando Missile" for A3 ,please?

tnx.

Ohhh I see, you did a flak script which could use CRAM or any other weapon... anyways, if you could make this script into an addon fix (an addon with just replacement configs) we would be all grateful to you ;)

Is there something wrong with this stuff ,I can`t seem to get mine to work with the Editor,it shows up ,am I missing a script or something ,it`s for arma3 ,right?

And another thing ,can you or someone else modify "Mando Missile" for A3 ,please?

tnx.

Watch my above video carefully the one in post #132. If you do everything I did in the video, you should be able to get it to work properly. I kind of go fast but pause and play and watch carefully. I use MCC to help TP around easy and switch between units easy.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

;2835946']Ohhh I see' date=' you did a flak script which could use CRAM or any other weapon... anyways, if you could make this script into an addon fix (an addon with just replacement configs) we would be all grateful to you ;)[/quote']

Sure I could do that for every one. Right now I am trying to contact the author first to see if I can get permission to finish this mod. If I get no response over the next few days or week, then I will work on making an addon to modify the C-RAM so that way the C-RAM looks like it's firing HE ammunition.

hello everyone i was working with alexboy and one other person to produce some nice c-rams but i have not had any contact with him and no replies from messages. i have also stopped working on mine as well because of shortage of time .

@bwph4273 have you used any kind of source control before (git or svn etc)? We could set up a repository to coordinate our code changes in one place.

Sorry I have been away from Arma for a bit as my life has gotten busy over the past month. If we were to open source, this I would be more than willing to help input as much as I can and whatever I can.

im sorry guys i don't have access to his source files we were working together on the projects but never shared our source files with each other. the only ones i have are for my own model but i don't have a working script. i would be willing to work with someone to make my addon work with their script.

I'm just working off the scripts I extracted from the @alex_ais mod on Six. But I'm kind of restructuring the script, so that it will aim for one projectile at a time (when multiple projectiles come in at once, it seems to try to track them all at once, so it gets confused if there are very many).

Hello everyone, I am back...

Sorry for the long delay, I have been having life issues that needed my direct attention.... Now that it is fixed I will do my best to get on here more often, I am in college 2nd year so got studying to do but i do find more free times now that some issues in my life have been dealt with....

not to sound rude, but opening my code without permission is against the rules... but as I do not mind it, please next time wait for a response. All i can say is thank you for not releasing any "new" info if you did edit my scripting.

Since I am back I wouldnt mind working with other people to get this script working at its full potential.

@AstutAvian I have been trying to fix that for such a long time, I have a updated version of the coding, but it is even worse at choosing what projectile to aim at first and the other... it just aims at both trying to shoot at both at the same time kind of... but the way i did it fixes the issue of the c-ram aiming at ground level while firing then moving to aim at the projectile... it kind of follows the projectile from "launch"

I am open to work together with people, this weekend I am having a friend come over that is amazing at coding, he said he may be able to make me a new code that can do everything using 3 dimensional kinematics which i been trying to do ( writing down, but havent been able to transfer it into coding that works for this)....

so we shall see, this forum is open again to more posts, glad to see people still want this addon to work and function properly

Oh hell yes we want it to work properly. I've been wanting this big bastard in the game since ArmA 2 :D.

@deny_001 it is already in arma 3, works fine how it is now. Can target AA vehicles and mostly any type of artillery, just needs to be remade/reconfigured so it does it more smoothly and more efficiently

I should have probably put "smoother" instead of "properly" there shouldn't I? Anyway, good luck with it, loving it so far.

alexboy, any plan to one day make targetable (by your C-RAM/Phalanx) missiles in the style of Mando Missile ArmA?

• Like 1

@Deny_001 Thanks, ya i am definitely waiting for this to run super smooth and realistic.

@Chortles Do you mean like do i plan on making the phalanx target incoming missiles such as like one fired from a Jet (AA missile or AG missile)?

I think the c-ram tracks bombs fired from jets... or that could of been one of my trials and never released.

@Chortles Do you mean like do i plan on making the phalanx target incoming missiles such as like one fired from a Jet (AA missile or AG missile)?

I think the c-ram tracks bombs fired from jets... or that could of been one of my trials and never released.

Exactly! After all, it's the incoming missiles that the Phalanx CIWS was meant to defend against (shoot down), not the launching jets themselves, and the C-RAM reflects that principle on land... I mentioned MMA because it achieved that by "replace all vanilla ArmA missiles by mando ones", hence my curiosity.
  • Like 1