Sign in to follow this  
ddcp

Multiplayer Not working

Hi there,

Since the latest patch my brothers and I have not been able to join. We are all running vanilla ArmA 3 (with Zeus), and before online games were working perfectly.

I know the Gamespy service shut down, but we made sure to look for the servers in the "Steam" list... is there something more to be done? Ports, hotfixes, etc.? Very odd, and I can't seem to find out how to fix this.

Best,

DDCP

Would love to know this too. Can't see my buddies server or he mine, in either steam or in game.

Arma 3 with Steam uses (by default) UDP ports 8766 and 27016 for the server list broadcasting and stuff. You need to make sure these are forwarded if the server is behind NAT.

And try to connect to the server via LAN instead of Internet (when on the same network as the server).

Here is how to fix it.

When you are in your server browser, there will be a button in the top right hand corner that says steam. Click this. It will now say Gamespy and you should be able to find your friends server!

Here is how to fix it.

When you are in your server browser, there will be a button in the top right hand corner that says steam. Click this. It will now say Gamespy and you should be able to find your friends server!

that is going away very soon.

I have problems with finding servers, have latest version of the game, starting vanilla version of the game, can see ping names and other stuff of the servers.

Btw can't post links so http ://puu .sh/8YPWm/ 7979813ece .jpg

I have the same kind of problems with one of my friends. :rolleyes:

We bought the game last weekend on Steam and we had had no problem until Wednesday. Suddenly, Xinghis had troubles joining our private local servers and we couldn't join the servers he created. He is the only one facing this issue. He finds our server in the list but receive the message : "Can't join the server".

We've tried several things, and nothing worked :

• Open ports (2302, 8766 and 27016).
  • Disable the firewall.
  • The Steam/Gamespy server list stuff.
  • Unistall/reinstall the game.
  • Launch Steam and ArmA as admin.

We've not installed any mod and we have the same game version.

Any help ?

I have problems with finding servers, have latest version of the game, starting vanilla version of the game, can see ping names and other stuff of the servers.

I dont really see an issue. All the red x's mean are that they are incorrect versions, IE probably running dev build.

I have the same kind of problems with one of my friends. :rolleyes:

We bought the game last weekend on Steam and we had had no problem until Wednesday. Suddenly, Xinghis had troubles joining our private local servers and we couldn't join the servers he created. He is the only one facing this issue. He finds our server in the list but receive the message : "Can't join the server".

We've tried several things, and nothing worked :

• Open ports (2302, 8766 and 27016).
  • Disable the firewall.
  • The Steam/Gamespy server list stuff.
  • Unistall/reinstall the game.
  • Launch Steam and ArmA as admin.

We've not installed any mod and we have the same game version.

Any help ?

Unfortunately no, the steam/gamespy thing only fixes whether or not you can see non-dedicated servers. There are way to many factors to be able to figure out the exact issue you are experiencing. It seems obvious that it is something on his end however. Whether or not that is able to be controlled by him is another matter. It could be a hidden mod that you are not finding or it could be simply that his ISP changed something and it is now conflicting with everyone else's ISP's. I wish you luck in figuring it out!

Hi !

Me and my friend have the same problem, cant see the servers they host when STEAM is selected in the top right corner of the MP Screen.

By the way, what has to be shown to be an STEAM server list, STEAM or GAMESPY (i dont get the logic behind it) ?

Hi !

Me and my friend have the same problem, cant see the servers they host when STEAM is selected in the top right corner of the MP Screen.

By the way, what has to be shown to be an STEAM server list, STEAM or GAMESPY (i dont get the logic behind it) ?

The button refers to which method of server querying is done. If you want to switch to the steam version, you click the button that says steam. Then the buton changes to gamespy because that is what it will switch to when you click the button again.

Are you sure, in another thread someone said its the same logic like with the Lan and internet button.

If internet is shown internet is active if steam is shown steam is active.

Anyway, if stream is shown I can't see the servers my friends host.

Are you sure, in another thread someone said its the same logic like with the Lan and internet button.

If internet is shown internet is active if steam is shown steam is active.

Anyway, if stream is shown I can't see the servers my friends host.

and if gamespy is shown?

Then it works...

But as we know, Gamespy will be dead soon...

Well for now, don't worry about it. Bohemia will have an update very soon and it will be addressing this issue. For now, whether or not the steam version is being used or gamespy, as long as it works now, let it work. Once the 31st comes around, all you will have to do is sit pretty if Bohemia has not pushed out the update by that time.

this really seems like a version issue

also reposting the link so people can click it easier : http://puu.sh/8YPWm/7979813ece.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

The button refers to which method of server querying is done. If you want to switch to the steam version, you click the button that says steam. Then the buton changes to gamespy because that is what it will switch to when you click the button again.

not true, the opposite is the case ( i remember telling you that in another thread )

not true, the opposite is the case ( i remember telling you that in another thread )

It definitely is possible. At this point, im not too worried which is which. I just want the next patch so Bohemia can finally fix a few things ;)