bravo93

British Army - Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) Uniforms

Ah Redders at least there is someone else who knows his stuff - the dagger is already just on the left sleeve. This was taken when I had a different dagger on each to see which looked better.

Nice one dude. For those who don't know it's not an issue, but when you see it all day, every day, it's one of those grating things to see wrong.

Question; and I'm kind of loathe to ask this, and I'm going to scrub myself with a wire brush afterwards but... have you considered doing Royal Navy/Army Commando flashes to represent the other pieces of kit that have their places in Bde?

Question; and I'm kind of loathe to ask this, and I'm going to scrub myself with a wire brush afterwards but... have you considered doing Royal Navy/Army Commando flashes to represent the other pieces of kit that have their places in Bde?

I haven't, no - been too busy getting a Royal Navy Wildcat and Merlin into game along with other admin stuff at 42. If you've got an references or specific requests I'd be happy to give them a go.

^ I'd love to see a 29 Commando RA uniform in here. A Gun-Line version with the Artillery TRF and an FST version without the TRF would be great, but still have the 3 Cdo insignia and Army Commando mudguard.

Looks good.

Also @Flax_, give us a PM regarding those two aircraft in ArmA 3 :)

Also @Flax_, give us a PM regarding those two aircraft in ArmA 3 :)

I'll jump on your TS later if you are around I wanted to catch up with Smoke at some point anyway.

I'm struggling a bit with the arctic uniforms.. not so much texturing them, or finding references but rather finding a good model to texture. All the BIS ones with gloves have the fingertips cut off and aren't buttoned up around the collar. I can't imagine anyone dressing like that in the -30 C temperatures. I've got my eye one some other units from FFAA which could suit the job but problem is they're really bulky so there's clipping problems all the body armour. I'm guessing you'd wear that underneath the coveralls in the Actic so I could probably increase the armour protection of the uniforms..

We don't wear Osprey in the Arctic, so I wouldn't worry about clipping issues with it. Generally it's battle vests, chest rigs or belt kit.

As I said in a post above, the usual routine in Norway is for cam white bottoms over your trousers, with a cam white helmet cover, and just your MTP combat jacket. Cam white tops are only used in certain conditions/areas (i.e with little to no vegetation) so a version with one and a version without would be useful.

If you want a detailed list of what's worn in Norway (gloves, masks, etc) I'm happy to help.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi mate can I request a uniform for 1 Welsh & 2 R.Anglian, both with flashes please mate

Cheers

Been mega busy recently so haven't had time to get much done. I've been working on the Winter uniforms and gear which a few people have shown an interest in and that should be released pretty soon. At the moment there's quite a bit of stuff I'm using from Craig's SP Pack for this but I'm going to ask if I can chuck it in this pbo to save ball ache. He was wonderful last time I asked to use some of his stuff.

Royal Marines with MTP tops and white bottoms (WIP)

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-06-1801-02-06-94.png

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-06-1800-25-24-00.png

I don't think these are particularly accurate but they don't look too far off the real deal. Main thing that annoys me is the gloves with the fingertips cut off. Think that's asking for hypothermia in -30C temperatures but it's the best I can do with the BI models ;) Also the white trousers shouldn't really have pockets. I have no idea where that chest rig came from actually, might be in SP pack or the default game. In a perfect world someone would've already released a Viking/Warthog and some skis!

Haven't started on the ones in all white yet but that shouldn't take long. Difficult thing will be deciding what to do once everything's finished. I'll probably chuck all the winter stuff in a separate pbo and then this will become a generic BAF clothes mod. There's quite a few things I'll be working on in regards to winter stuff. The chest rig needs painting in MTP camo, there's a couple of hats I'll probably do http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01688/ice_breaking_drill_1688770a.jpg and I might even create a version of Kiory's L85 with the plastic painted white. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attachments/ballistic-composite-helmets/381325d1344523756-not-so-common-british-mk6-camo-rmc-norway.jpg < something like that.

I was also thinking of creating some generic IRA style outfits as well i.e. Jeans and DPM coat etc. Might even make some of the famous SAS Counter Revolutionary Warfare outfits too. Of course I'll be adding all the DZ flashes people have been asking for on the MTP outfits too :)

btw, any help with any of this stuff is much appreciated.

Edited by Bravo93

The 50/50 cam white/MTP stuff is looking good so far dude. With regards to the chest rig, the popular thing to do is spray paint them white, or use the white tape we cam rifles out with.

If you need any reference for RM related things, drop me a PM.

Was having a look on google and seems the Marines sometimes wear different clothing to the British army. Seen a few pictures of guys wearing that green top instead of standard MTP ones. http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/weapons/lasm.jpg (105 kB) Is that something worth having? Also the old DPM top with desert trousers looked in fashion. Is that something that's still used or is it all replaced by MTP these days? http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/gallery/royal-marines/royal-marines-photo.jpg (115 kB) Also found these black outfits used when boarding ships etc. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rFQZ4JHiuFM/T3vKBdB8JSI/AAAAAAAAZjM/R7hZcW7CsA0/s1600/fleet-protection-group-2.jpg

The green top in this photo: http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/weapons/lasm.jpg looks to be the issued reversible green/sand Snugpak Softie jacket. Generally you won't find blokes wearing that without some form MTP over the top. Especially post Afghanistan.

DPM/Desert DPM has been fully replaced by MTP.

The black outfits used by the RMBT in this photo http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rFQZ4JHiuFM/T3vKBdB8JSI/AAAAAAAAZjM/R7hZcW7CsA0/s1600/fleet-protection-group-2.jpg are just a black issued dry-suits. They also come in DPM. You'll find RMBT wearing MTP in warmer climes (the Caribbean, Indian Ocean, etc.)

Red, are these grey drysuits replacing the old black ones, or is it somet different bought for 539's Squadron Reconnaissance blokes?

I'm actually planning on making some skins with face camouflage on.. but then I was looking for pictures and I couldn't see any of guys wearing MTP with face camo. They were all of guys in DPM. Is face camo still used with MTP?

Yes, it is. There are photos knocking about of blokes in MTP with cam on peoples' faces. Check out the British Armed Forces thread on Militaryphotos.

Anyone else getting CTD's when people apply this uniform ?

I want to run it so I can see people wearing it, but the moment they Lea it on it boots a whole load of us back to the desktop, crashing arma.

?

Does it still use assets from Craig's packs ? As I had a nightmare trying to get them to work.. very weird results when I tried to use them.

people can't join the server whenever anyone runs this mod and we get some weird bug where the server seems to think im an enemy, AI try to kill me and people can't get in my vehicles. Anyone else with problems?

Just one quick pointer Bravo - in your mod you've listed 'FST' as 216 SQN with the Sigs flash - this is incorrect, an FST should have Royal Artillery flashes (If any at all, I believe in HERRICK they are specifically targeted by the Taliban so wear no DZ flash or insignia), or if it also includes MFC's from a battalion that it's supporting it'll have their flash, FAC's from other units etc.

As far as I'm aware Sigs have nothing to do with an FST other than 'attempt' to fix the radios! lol. If 7RHA is your theme in this mod, I would either give the FST no insignia at all or the 7RHA insignia :)

Anyone else getting CTD's when people apply this uniform ?

I want to run it so I can see people wearing it, but the moment they Lea it on it boots a whole load of us back to the desktop, crashing arma.

?

Does it still use assets from Craig's packs ? As I had a nightmare trying to get them to work.. very weird results when I tried to use them.

people can't join the server whenever anyone runs this mod and we get some weird bug where the server seems to think im an enemy, AI try to kill me and people can't get in my vehicles. Anyone else with problems?

I wasn't aware of either of these issues. It definitely doesn't require anything from Craig's SP Pack though. Are you guys running any other mods with it? Craig's UK_Pack etc?. Strange, we actually use these uniforms (along with many other addons) in my community of 70-80 guys and we've had no issues with this mod. Plenty with other mods and Arma 3 in general though. Anyway I'll look into it, thanks for the heads up :) Btw, I'm assuming everyone connecting to the server has the mod? I thought that's how missions/servers worked? everyone playing a mission has to have certain mods which are in the mission? The missions we play on our server have a gear script which basically gives these uniforms amongst other things to the player connecting. We also have uniforms in crates as well. Don't really know much about LEA. I imagine this just doesn't work with it?

Just one quick pointer Bravo - in your mod you've listed 'FST' as 216 SQN with the Sigs flash - this is incorrect, an FST should have Royal Artillery flashes (If any at all, I believe in HERRICK they are specifically targeted by the Taliban so wear no DZ flash or insignia), or if it also includes MFC's from a battalion that it's supporting it'll have their flash, FAC's from other units etc.

As far as I'm aware Sigs have nothing to do with an FST other than 'attempt' to fix the radios! lol. If 7RHA is your theme in this mod, I would either give the FST no insignia at all or the 7RHA insignia :)

Ah right, I was very unsure about the FST flash. I actually asked someone in my Arma group, it was him who gave me 216 Signals. I'll be sure to change that to the 7RHA flash. Think RA and RHA have the same flash actually.

In regards to the next update, it will probably come in the next couple of days. I've finished 90% of the stuff I wanted to add.

Edited by Bravo93

UPDATE 1.2

Images

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/picture2.png

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/picture1.png

Changelog:

- Added MTP Jacket

- Added Royal Military Police uniform

- Added Royal Marines uniform

- Added Royal Engineers uniform

- Added 1 Royal Irish uniform

- Added 1 Royal Welsh Uniform

- Added Royal Regiment of Scotland uniform

- Added Royal Artillery uniform

- Added Pathfinder Group uniform

- Added Snugpak Softie's (Green/Tan)

- Added RAF overalls (Green/Tan)

- Added Royal Marines T-Shirt

- Fixed FST flash (Thanks to mihikle)

- Removed 16AA badge from units not part of the brigade.

- Removed duplicate files (many image files removed)

- Changed UI pictures

- Changed descriptions

Classnames

- All can now be found in the included readme :)

Known issues

- Parachute wings now also mirror on long sleeve uniforms (Unknown reason)

Download link

https://www.mediafire.com/?a83u8m74am93008

I wonder what you will come up with the new bootcamp uniform, it should perfectly fit british soldiers! :)

Nice work mate, it's looking good from the screenshots.

Quick question: I don't suppose there's a combat jacket without a 58 pattern belt around the waist is there?

Nice work mate, it's looking good from the screenshots.

Quick question: I don't suppose there's a combat jacket without a 58 pattern belt around the waist is there?

Not in the default game. For the next update I'm going to try and get some extra models which will give a bit more variety. I've also got to release the Artic stuff as well :)