IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

No details yet, sorry.^^ However, these guys will be part of it. And - if everything works out - it won't play on Altis or Stratis. Time to pack backs and leave the Aegean. Don't forget your coat, it's going to be cold. Very cold. ;)

So I've been playing your campaign for a few days now and have gotten to the mission Force Recon and sadly the mission keeps freezing once i get to the recon position and clear it out. I believe there is a cutscence or something that's exposed to start playing. I hope this can fixed soon so i can finish this masterpiece of a campaign.

Edited by Kyeburger

This is excellent! Thank you so much!

Glad you guys like it! What's happening exactly, how is it freezing?

It shows the 2 hours later image with the black line background then the lines stop moving and the 2 hours later no longer shows

Hm, that's a video being played from the vanilla game. So it just stays black, huh? I'll try to fire it up soon and see if I can reproduce the error.

So i just reloaded the mission today and now its working, no idea what was going wrong. Thank you for your quick replies and keep up the good work.

Ah, good to hear. Probably just a random savegame bug or so. Thanks, will do!

Played your campaign, it's really good. Got stuck on the mission Schnitzeljagd and have no idea what to do, i landed and found the laptop which gives you a binary code but dont know what to do next. I even tried to translate the binary but that didnt seem to help at all. Please help.

If you "translate" the binary, i.e. by transferring it to decimal (google knows plenty of calculators) you'll get two six figure grid coords. Both locations contain another hint. ;)

**Potential spoilers depending on your personal sensitivity to such things, although I don't think this really counts**

I've got a major problem in the first mission where, after getting in the truck with Petrovic, the car spontaneously explodes once driving away from the beach. This is making it literally impossible to advance the campaign, and using ENDMISSION doesn't make the next part available. I've tried it with and without mods and I still have the same problem. Advice?

That is weird. Are you running devbranch or stable?

I'm running on the stable build, I have a bunch of saved games so I'd rather not go to DevBranch unless as a last resort. Potenitally helpful note, I've spotted a red ring momentarily appearing around the vehicle as the truck explodes. It's definitely weird, but do you have any idea what might be causing it? I've since redownloaded the campaign and it hasn't helped anything.

I've put in the binary into a converter and gotten 360740 for the first one and 471330 for the second but those coordinates don't exist on the map

It is a protection mechanism if you decide to run away. However, it shouldn't fire so close and not when you're inside a vehicle. Hence I thought it might be an update (on devbranch) breaking the mechanism. I can't have a look right now but I'll get to it ASAP. If you want to skip the mission there's always:

[] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission;

Executed from the debug console it will let you advance to the next mission.

@LOzan: Can't reproduce that error, working fine on my end. Do you run the addon or Campaign PBO version?

@ProfileName: Every block represents one digit. Means

0000 0101 1000 0001 0010 0100

0000 0111 0011 0001 0010 0010

returns these two sets of existing grid coords

There you'll find further hints.

Edited by IndeedPete

I'm running the addon version, haven't thought to try the PBO. I'll give it a whirl.

No better luck with the PBO. Are there similar mechanisms on future missions that I have to worry about, or should I be clear of that particular bug moving on with the cheat?

I really have no idea why this could be happening to you, and you only. Moving on by cheat is certainly the best idea here, please observe if more of these issues occur in the future. There is a similar mechanism to determine if you left the battlefield during a mission. If you suddenly find yourself in a mission called "Renegade" even if you didn't leave the obvious mission path please let me know. I have an update in the pipe anyway but this issue is new to me, at least in the latest version of the campaign.

Hey, I have an issue where I cannot load any kind of save.

I started playing today, died on the first mission, then when I tried to load a save it took me to the end of mission screen

Try reverting the mission. It actually shouldn't be possible to save in the first mission at all. I'll go investigate.^^

Update!

This new version brings you some tweaks and fixes. In addition I've added modfied shop configs kindly provided by Bolo861 which adds support for tons of mod weapons, magazines and items (see changelog). Since I don't own / know many of these mods I can't ensure everything is working properly when running these. However, it does not change anything if you don't use them. Since both the Addon builder and the game (1.40) itself fail to create readable "Campaign PBO"-PBOs I had to fall back to publish the update for the "Campaign PBO" version as plain folder. This does not change anything, it's just not in PBO format.

Enjoy and shout out loud once you hit another bug!

Changelog

1.01 - 10.03.2015

• FIXED: Brave New World, BIS functions were falsely enabling saving again.
  • FIXED: Home Sweet Home, Toilet Guy still had BI randomisation on him.
  • FIXED: Home Sweet Home, Leave-hub-trigger was wrongly configured causing units to disappear.
  • FIXED: Home Sweet Home, Coming back from a duel caused the freeroaming functionality to trigger.
  • FIXED: Meet And Greet, Finally managed to prevent the AI from attacking the empty quadbike.
  • FIXED: Sanctuary, It was possible to get more than one weapon from the buddy.
  • FIXED: Shop System, magazine selling prices were applied wrongly.
  • FIXED: Shop System, Titan Short had wrong origin set.
  • CHANGED: Home Sweet Home, Ambient helicopter powers up less often and for a shorter period of time.
  • CHANGED: Panzerfaust, Disabled ambient life scripts.
  • CHANGED: Sauerland Express, Added some more light at the beginning.
  • ADDED: Thanks to Bolo861's customised shop configs the following addons should be (partly) supported by the shop system: EMU (Elite Mercenary Unit), MAX H3 PACK, HLC mods, Massy weapons pack, MRT Accesories and Functions, SMA Weapons, SOCMOD, TFA Naval Special Warfare gear, Trixies' Weapon Packs, EricJ Weapons Pack, Ag MP9 pack, RH M4/PDW/Pistol pack, RHARD MK18, DarkGiver Sig SG55x Pack, C1987 MP-7 Pack, FHQ M4/Accesories Pack, Spectrobe G36 Pack, Genoma Helmets, Ov SA-58, Purple Benelli Super 90 Pack

Download

Addon Version

Dropbox v1.01

Steam Workshop v1.01

Campaign PBO Version

Dropbox v1.01

Waw I just started to replay campaign to get different outcome and bam v.1.01 ( I assume that saves from 1.00 should work?).

thanks IndeedPete, few words abaut my config files I had time to test it some more:

1. weapons, magazines, items, clothes, WORK OK and are playable enjoy.

2. campvechicles BROKEN DO NOT USE (proper incorporation would require ingerention into campaign mechanics and Indeedpete s missions so I ve abandoned the idea.).

3. personnel BROKEN DO NOT USE (I ve done some mistakes with class implementation and weaponspool assignment it requires some polish and will be fixed in the future).

I ve fixed and updated config files already and also completly incorporated whole CUP Community Upgrade Project addon in new ver. 1.1 I ve just completed playthrough of the campaign with this moded files and didn t noticed any serious bugs. If IndeedPete is interesed I can provide Him with config files.

Regards.