Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM more realistic NVGoggles view

Gatordev, are you saying that the Gen3+ devices are a sharp and crisp as they are now? I have a Gen2 and its grainy and blurry. Regardless, it still seems as if the grain should be cranked up in the current version?

Edit:

Also, view distance should be very limited with NVG, Aplion is it possible to limit view distance with NVGs?

I agree, lets boost that grain up, we aren't in the movies after all gents :cool:

grain in second generation last gen no grain

I agree, lets boost that grain up, we aren't in the movies after all gents :cool:

Movies don't have anything to do with it. If you read my post in response to the one you quoted, you'd see that both view distance and grain are not an issue on current gen NVDs with medium to hi-light nights. And if you're operating anywhere where there's cultural lighting, it's hi-light.

Movies don't have anything to do with it. If you read my post in response to the one you quoted, you'd see that both view distance and grain are not an issue on current gen NVDs with medium to hi-light nights. And if you're operating anywhere where there's cultural lighting, it's hi-light.

Well the movie thing was more of a joke, but yes, I do understand that the difference from Gen 2 to Gen 3 is quite large, I feel like some people want to see something looking like this -

But yet again, that's just some peoples preference. Please don't take my interpretation of your words as rude, I in no way mean it to come off like that.'>http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/night-vision-pt2-920-27.jpg

But yet again, that's just some peoples preference. Please don't take my interpretation of your words as rude, I in no way mean it to come off like that.

Well the movie thing was more of a joke, but yes, I do understand that the difference from Gen 2 to Gen 3 is quite large, I feel like some people want to see something looking like this -

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/night-vision-pt2-920-27.jpg

But yet again, that's just some peoples preference. Please don't take my interpretation of your words as rude, I in no way mean it to come off like that.[/url]

I think your link is broken (fixed in my quote). Since your link says 2012, that probably means it's a photo from roughly the Gen 3 period. That image is actually pretty clear, but the camera seems to be dealing with a high ISO setting that it's making it very grainy and worse than reality (what the human eye sees).

Now, if you're looking to make a '80's mod or a Viet Nam era mod, game one.

I think your link is broken (fixed in my quote). Since your link says 2012, that probably means it's a photo from roughly the Gen 3 period. That image is actually pretty clear, but the camera seems to be dealing with a high ISO setting that it's making it very grainy and worse than reality (what the human eye sees).

Now, if you're looking to make a '80's mod or a Viet Nam era mod, game one.

Good point, all things considered I suppose with the ArmA 3 setting, the NVGs fit with their quality anyway.

Hi, first of all thanks for the hard work!

I just want to report that when using this mod (at least along with Teeha's "GPNVG-18 Panoramic Night Vision Goggles", but I guess not limited to), when you switch to a drone camera, the grain effect is still being applied, what can be a little annoying, so if it could be fixed somehow, that could be great. Not a big problem obviously, only reporting it ;)

Thanks in advance!

I realize this is an old thread but this mod was broken with the new visual update, any chance of it getting fixed? I really liked it.