Sign in to follow this  
phant

Anyone having issues with Zues on Virtual/Dedicated servers?

Zeus mission works perfectly fine in preview and on server hosted from own PC on the internet. When uploading exact same mission to virtual server (we have 2 different hosting companies and have tried both) the mission does not load and kicks us out at start.

We are running the following mods on these servers: @cba_a3;@XLib;@xactionui;@alive;@caf_ag;@asdg_jr;@adf;@ADF_SOTG;@HiddenIdentityPackv3;@fa18_a3;@task_force_radio;@XMedSys;@ffis;@A3MP;@CH47D;@hafm_helis;

Any ideas?

Edited by Phant

I tried this I think it may be conflicting with ALiVE possibly, I have tried plonking zeus in and it went wrong for me too

You try disable the mods, and start the server with the standard config?

We were trying to avoid doing this as it is a massive pain in the butt to disable mods on a virtual server via FTP. The same mods work when run in conjunction with Zeus on a server hosted from local PC. The structure of a virtual server must be different as I logically don't see that it would be anything other than mods. I guess we will disable mods starting with ALiVE.

Edited by Phant

Plus Curator as mod and run again

I saw curator in TADST tool, mod tab, so i try with that and it work

We have solved this now, thanks for the help guys.

Turns out it was Mods. We updated the Arma 3 Map Pack and ALiVE mods to their latest and it is all working as per normal.

you got alive working with Zeus? mind if i ask how you did that? ive tried as per this simple insurgency video and it did an endless load screen

Hey All3n,

So we use bare minimum when it comes to ALiVE and Zeus. We just place the 'Requires ALiVE', 'Player Tags' & 'View Distance' modules down in our Zeus templates. If you use these with the Zeus 'Game Master' module it should work. Remember to specify a module.

Note: Last I heard ALiVE doesn't work if you place multiple game master or game logic modules down. Only place either the Game Logic or Game Master module and do not place 2 of either.