giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

11 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

How do I put the brochures on the drone? And what command to release the leaflets?

Hello,

Just use the drone with a box bellow it and fire it (left button of your mouse).

Cheers.

11 hours ago, Harzach said:

write some code that makes it possible, perhaps?

That sound a good start :don15:!

• Thanks 1

On 02/06/2018 at 6:03 AM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just use the drone with a box bellow it and fire it (left button of your mouse).

Cheers.

That sound a good start :don15:!

The drones are empty, do need an editor to fill them with leaflets?

@Vdauphin I have added some extensions if you are interested you can use them ! Github invitation is out.

On 06/06/2018 at 12:59 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

After some long investigation, I wrote this fix: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/555

I will be glad if you can give me feedback on it.

Have fun!

Thank you! It is working, it only has a problem, the ammunition only appears when it wants, and when it appears when pressing "F" (change ammunition command) it disappears and no longer appears, even displaying in the terminal vant

Printscreen: https://ibb.co/k6Fzso

3 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Thank you! It is working

good, one day I will buy the DLC ... At least when they will fix this kind of issue...

4 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

the ammunition only appears when it wants, and when it appears when pressing "F" (change ammunition command) it disappears and no longer appears, even displaying in the terminal vant

I also notice that :/, of course, I don't know why...

You can unpack and repack the drone to get it work again with this commit: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/555/commits/3ff3d9f876a053f60f6a040d96a8cf32df0615f1

Thanks for the documented feedback!

Cheers

On 07/06/2018 at 6:54 PM, Vdauphin said:

good, one day I will buy the DLC ... At least when they will fix this kind of issue...

I also notice that :/, of course, I don't know why...

You can unpack and repack the drone to get it work again with this commit: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/555/commits/3ff3d9f876a053f60f6a040d96a8cf32df0615f1

Thanks for the documented feedback!

Cheers

Unfortunately it did not work, I even tested it in the editor without addons, I think it is the vehicle bug. But look at the image what happens if I add the line "_uav fire" Bomb_Leaflets ";" in add_leaflets.sqf. My idea is to call "add_leaflets.sqf" after the mounted drone, at a time the player gives some command, but I do not know how to do it because the parameters "params [" _player "," _ uav "]; are required.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1407071561

Thank you for your answers, always on time.
Cheers

24 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Unfortunately it did not work

What is not working ?

I tested on a not DLC drone and it works as intended. When you mount the drone and take the control, leaflets interaction is here (you can drop them by firing). If you press "F", leaflet interaction disappear. So, if I unmount it and mount it again, leaflet interaction is here again.

This is because now, the

_uav selectWeaponTurret ["Bomb_Leaflets", [[0, -1] select (_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F")]];

is executed at each time the drone is mounted. So leaflets are again selected even if the leaflet interaction disappeared.

24 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

But look at the image what happens if I add the line "_uav fire" Bomb_Leaflets ";" in add_leaflets.sqf.

I know, you are just firing leaflets stored in the uav even if leaflet interaction disappeared because leaflets are still inside.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 09/06/2018 at 12:20 PM, Vdauphin said:

What is not working ?

The interaction to drop the leaflets, almost never appears the ammo in the drone

is executed at each time the drone is mounted. So leaflets are again selected even if the leaflet interaction disappeared.

Perfect, your logic is correct, but I do not know why the interaction does not appear. I will do some more tests and inform you.

not DLC drone

Interesting, I tested with the AL-6 (only with blufor compartment) the AR-2 has no compartment, which one did you test?

Ran a mission and destroyed all the hideouts. Though that would have completed the mission but I'm then directed to eliminate more enemies?

Feels anti-climatic. What edit(s) in the PBO files would I need to make to have the mission complete on the destruction of all hideouts?

I

Vdauphin, i made the translation from stringtable.xml to PT-BR, if you want I'll pass the texts!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

11 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

Though that would have completed the mission but I'm then directed to eliminate more enemies?

Yes, hideouts  are sending patrols to get free city around. That why you see more enemies around hideouts. So destroying all hideout (named final pahse) just reduce the number of enemies and allow you to know which city has been under enemies control. You did almost half of the mission :p

You need to clear them one by one (red circle switch to green when the city is free) by asking to civilian enemies position (if your reputation is high of course, if not they will lie...) .

12 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

What edit(s) in the PBO files would I need to make to have the mission complete on the destruction of all hideouts?

You have a file named /core/fnc/common/final_phase.sqf#L27

comment this line L27, then delete the database and play again!

If you dislike the final phase just increase the number of hideouts ;)

Cheers

21 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

The interaction to drop the leaflets, almost never appears the ammo in the drone

For me it is fixed by: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/555

which one did you test?

The AR-2 by changing this line: /core/fnc/civ/add_leaflets.sqf#L4

like this:

if !(_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F" || _uav isKindOf "B_UAV_01_F") exitWith {};

the AR-2 has no compartment,

Doesn't matter for Arma, https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addWeapon can add weapon to unit or vehicle so you can do what you want:

41288551-ff924d22-6e46-11e8-8200-6e292f4

Hearts and fish

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

if !(_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F" || _uav isKindOf "B_UAV_01_F") exitWith {};

Works perfectly with a not DLC drone!

Thanks very much, you're awesome!

Hi everyone! 

im looking for a way to automatically save>auto-restart and load the mission.

The goal is to avoid the FPS drop after 48 hs of mission uptime

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS:(sory for my bad english)

18 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

im looking for a way to automatically save>auto-restart and load the mission.

Hello,

You can activate auto save option in mission parameter (it will save 5 minutes before the actual time you are asking for so it save on time) and write a script on your dedicate server to kill the arma3server process and start a new one.

The script depend on your OS.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.18.2 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Changed param.hpp
  • Unchanged mission.sqm
  • FIX: Can't drop leaflets (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Remove patrol on foot (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Update faction selection in mission parameters (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Animation fleeing when 'get down' and getweapons (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Wrong color for debug markers after restart for saved game (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i have problem with  G.O.S Leskovets  map when i port mission on it.there  black eror screen when  i launch mission

I remember a while back I was going to make a mission on G.O.S Leskovets and had issues too, I think it's something to do with the map config. It was ages ago but I seem to remember something about the map center not being defined or being defined incorrectly, something like that.
I just gave up and switched that mission to Chernarus  

On 07/06/2018 at 9:41 AM, jus61 said:

@Vdauphin I have added some extensions if you are interested you can use them ! Github invitation is out.

Hello,

Thank you but I have no time to dig into others repositories. Please fork, create branches and use pull request so then I can review and merge it. See https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/For-developer-and-tester#branches for more information.

See you soon!

• Like 1

Just set up a mission on Al Rayak and started testing last night. 
I noticed on one of the larger cities civilians were only spawning in a small clump in the middle of the city. The outer 2/3 of the city was empty.

Is that to do with the way the map is set up, or is there something I can change in the Hearts and Minds framework to solve that?

I hope you get what I mean, I did take a screen shot last night, but I'm stuck at work at the moment and don't have access to it.

Thanks for your continued support  

Hello,

5 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

I noticed on one of the larger cities civilians were only spawning in a small clump in the middle of the city. The outer 2/3 of the city was empty.

Looks like the radius of the city gave by the map author is too small.

9 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Is that to do with the way the map is set up, or is there something I can change in the Hearts and Minds framework to solve that?

I would tweak the /core/fnc/city/init.sqf#L33-L34

_radius_x = 1.1 * getNumber(_current >> "RadiusA");

_radius_y = 1.1 * getNumber(_current >> "RadiusB");   

You should see all city radius increse of a 10% factor.

Check the results in debug mod to fit your need.

6 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

I hope you get what I mean, I did take a screen shot last night, but I'm stuck at work at the moment and don't have access to it.

Yea, screen shot of your mission in debug mode will help. Send it, I will take a look.

See you soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Vdauphin really appreciate the level of support you give this mission framework.

Quick question to everyone else in the thread, what are your favourite maps to port this mission to?

So far we've run one on Altis, Chernarus, Lingor and soon to be Al Rayak if I can get the kinks worked out.

I want to make one for Lythium but last time I tried I had the same issues I have with ALiVE on that map. WAY too many dead spots with nothing spawning, but I think that's to do with the way the map is configured.

5 hours ago, JD Wang said:

I want to make one for Lythium but last time I tried I had the same issues I have with ALiVE on that map. WAY too many dead spots with nothing spawning, but I think that's to do with the way the map is configured.

Yes it is the isuue. You need to add it manually with this:

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/define_mod.sqf

like it has been done here:

good luck!

This is the sort of issue I'm running in to.

pBLvwgF.jpg

Civilians and Enemies are spawning but they all seem clumped together rather than spread through a town/village.
I've tried it with both custom defined locations and default locations and it's the same thing, you end up walking through 75% of a ghost town before you run into anyone.

• Confused 1