Unfortunately i always seem to get errors when trying to use your islands, this recent one is asking for SFP_AMMOBOX_SCOPE

Sorry, the thing is that we hade hundreds of dependencies to solve when we decided to split islands from the normal pack. I will make sure in the next release we have solved all the remaining. Sorry...

Will update this weekend with a working version

Hope it was worth the waiting, even if Wamako is just a "playground testing" island it actually starts to become a pretty decent island.

We got a new city that will act as the oldest city and perhaps capital on the island. Also redone the mask, clutter and satelite texture. Almost there but need some more attention.

Next on the list is to build some more on the cities, adjust height on some objects and figure out how the more "jungle" areas should look like..

Anyway, the two main changes:

* No more reference the Swedish forces pack. Enjoy!

* A big city on eastern Wamako. Poor, but big makes for interesting combat.

wamako_small_city.jpg

wamako_small_oldtown.jpg

wamako_small_backyard.jpg

Download, as always in the first post.

Edited by granQ

Looking good, granQ!

Nice work on the island update! The more, the better!

Looking good, granQ!

Nice work on the island update! The more, the better!

thanks, but its a team effort. Grip is the probably the biggest contributor when it comes to objects but the list is long.

We been working with the island in multiplayer using our own Zeus tool.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187612-SFP-Multiplayer-Map-Editor-Atlas

I still had two SFP errors on Sturkö, one calling for a Mi-24 of some description and one calling for a 12cm coastal artillery piece.

I like Wamako generally, however, in the northernmost village along the main road I found several buildings, walls and objects clipping into each other. Furthermore the road in and out from that village twists and turns a lot (especially down towards the coast) without any visible reason.

I like the city down at the coast (I presume the new one, since I haven't explored wamako before), very nice stuff. As a suggestion for improvement would be a "downtown" area with higher and newer buildings such as the hospital, office buildings and Chernarus hotel. Looking at modern African capitals they are often characterized by large high-rise buildings, and I think an area reminiscent of that would be nice.

Otherwise the terrian seems at times a bit samey at times, a lot of gently sloping grasslands with good visibility and little clutter. While probably accurate to some degree it doesn't seem particularly interesting, and I think it would do well to break up the monotony with a number of farms and ranches, with slight changes to the terrain around them.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (granQ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I still had two SFP errors on Sturkö, one calling for a Mi-24 of some description and one calling for a 12cm coastal artillery piece.

I like Wamako generally, however, in the northernmost village along the main road I found several buildings, walls and objects clipping into each other. Furthermore the road in and out from that village twists and turns a lot (especially down towards the coast) without any visible reason.

I like the city down at the coast (I presume the new one, since I haven't explored wamako before), very nice stuff. As a suggestion for improvement would be a "downtown" area with higher and newer buildings such as the hospital, office buildings and Chernarus hotel. Looking at modern African capitals they are often characterized by large high-rise buildings, and I think an area reminiscent of that would be nice.

Otherwise the terrian seems at times a bit samey at times, a lot of gently sloping grasslands with good visibility and little clutter. While probably accurate to some degree it doesn't seem particularly interesting, and I think it would do well to break up the monotony with a number of farms and ranches, with slight changes to the terrain around them.

Ok, will look into it.. the Sturkö mi24 is the intro so hopefully won't affect much (will make a new one without it) but the 12 cm artillery probably need a change.

The roads are from the "orignal island" .. will tweak and improve them as we go. Infact complete north part will probably be redone, I want to make it more tropical/jungle area were rebels can hide.

We also working on making a more industrial south including a modern harbour with a 2-3 km long pipeline ( could be fun pvp, protect a long pipeline/harbor).

I like the idea of more concrete buildings in the big city at the coast (Bakunga), its the creation of Grip, see what he think. My hope is to make an "insane" city so really have a good map for close combat with a city that makes you lost. So i hope it will grow..

we might add more things but in general I also wanted to create a map that features long distance of nothing, one of the primary ideas was to have a terrain where you often see the enemy but the range makes it impossible to engage so you have to come up with a plan how to approch, when to open fire.. ( this will be the south/central parts.. north will be jungle as I said.. still looking for objects)

We also working on making a more industrial south including a modern harbour with a 2-3 km long pipeline ( could be fun pvp, protect a long pipeline/harbor).

I like the idea of more concrete buildings in the big city at the coast (Bakunga), its the creation of Grip, see what he think. My hope is to make an "insane" city so really have a good map for close combat with a city that makes you lost. So i hope it will grow..

It doesn't have to be that specific city, although I think it would make for a nice contrast, I just mentioned it since it is the largest city on the island as well as the only real coastal city.

we might add more things but in general I also wanted to create a map that features long distance of nothing, one of the primary ideas was to have a terrain where you often see the enemy but the range makes it impossible to engage so you have to come up with a plan how to approch, when to open fire.. ( this will be the south/central parts.. north will be jungle as I said.. still looking for objects)

I got the feeling of that, still think it would be improved by adding... something. The occasional cover like a farm or thicket to hide in, but leaving large tracts of open terrain inbetween.

Has anyone reported problems running this on a dedicated server? I set the maps up remotely, created a mission file with a few standard mods, uploaded, and tried to connect. It shows Sturko and Wamako as options and I can see the multiplayer missions, but when I connect, I get kicked out before the mission even loads. I was concerned about a mod conflict, so I got rid of everything except for the vanilla game, AIA_TP, and CBA, made a new mission, and uploaded that. It also kicked me out before loading. Has this happened with anyone else? A bug introduced with Arma 1.48, perhaps?

hm this happens on both islands?

I will look into it and we plan a updated release soon to both Wamako and Sturkö, I will make sure to double check this issue.

Maybe within a week or max two.

For your informaton, this addon is no more. We decided to split the addons into one objects pack and then one addon for each island.