Okay here is another update.

You can now cut a wire to defuse the bomb. I'm going to work on maybe doing a sequence of cutting the wires or maybe you have to cut two wires in a certain order.

Download has been updated on the first page.

So i tried this wire thing, but i dident figure out where the clue were, like which cabel should i cut. Help?

Thank you.

Like Grumpy said its an oh shit time has run out, time to just cut a random wire and hope for the best. You have a 25% chance of cutting the right wire. You can obviously hide a clue somewhere if you really wanted to, for example:

hint format ["Cut the %1 wire", wire]

hi cobra! realy like this script you've made, can you help me with a bit of a noob question?

Which line from the init or how would I activate this from a triggerzone?

I tried placing:

[caseBomb, 180] execVM "dialogs\keypad_defuse\bombTimer.sqf";

in the onAct or the condition, triggered by Blufor and I'm getting an error I don't fully understand.

thanks

forget it literally a minute later! lol!

for those that don't know,

I needed a "null ="

full line is this in the onAct.

null = [caseBomb, 180] execVM "dialogs\keypad_defuse\bombTimer.sqf";

thanks

Hi

I'm using this wonderful script and its been great, thanks to the creator. But I have a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to use or Xmed mod or BTC revive with this script and the problem is the timer window, it enters in conflict with the other windows that appear from the btc revive or the xmed mod.

Don't know if there is a fix for this or the timer could be moved to other parts of the screen. If tried to look inside the code but no luck, I'm quite a noob. If looked into the bomb timer.sqf

Maibe is a Arma 3 error that only has like 1 window for everything but im not sure.

Thanks a lot for the help

PROBLEM SOLVED

I put the timer in the sleep to 30 or bigger of the bombtimer.sqf

Edited by Jaime

Hey Cobra,still not had chance to test in MP yet, RL shit in the way.

Could you tell me how to have a trigger fire once the bomb has been made safe?

Eg-the bomb has been 'defused' and i want a trigger to complete a task?

Many thanks

ck

defused = true once you disarm the bomb. So all you would need in a trigger condition is defused. I will test in a minute to make sure it works.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

I take that back I dont need to test just look into the example missions init.sqf file.

i have a problem here, im making a mission where you can ONLY deactivate this bomb with wire cutting.

So im trying to cut a wire, and of course i have no clue which one i should cut, so i take the wrong one all the time, any tips how to deal with this?

Also when i cut a wire and i took the wrong one, the bomb never goes off

Hi! I plan on using this script for some mp stuff? Can you tell how successful any tests were please.

Was anyone able to confirm if this runs in mp? (I really hope it is really great ;)...)

it does with some editing. basically you need to

a) make sure the code and wire, armed, and defused states are known across all hosts (public variables)

b) setup a bis_fnc_mp to add the actions to the objects (if you are spawning them in dynamically)

c) make sure you propagate the states from A when they change

(edit) almost forgot d) a handler and public variable for the timer.

there may be something else that i'm forgetting, but yes - it does end up working. The only thing that doesn't work for me is jip during a bomb sequence after the code and wire have been generated (the jip player only gets empty arrays because i initialize the variables in init!)

Too bad this goes beyond my scripting skills ^^... if it is allowed could someone sacrifice some time and effort to do that? I would really appreciate it..and i believe quite a few others as well.

Too bad this goes beyond my scripting skills ^^... if it is allowed could someone sacrifice some time and effort to do that? I would really appreciate it..and i believe quite a few others as well.

I could give an example implementation, but as it is a modification only to the original script written by cobra4v320, I would only consider doing such a thing with his permission.

As stated in the disclaimer in the 1st post this script can be edited tweeked and redone at your hearts content. Just share with the community. My MP scripting skills are pretty bad. I havent really got into MP mission making yet.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Also, I would still like to do a wire cutting sequence, if anybody wants to help out or has ideas please let me know. I havent completely figured it out yet. I would like to add a picture over the wire once its cut actually showing a cut wire. I havent even looked into it yet. Maybe later tonight.

Thanks cobra4v320 new features are allways great :) and thanks for allowing us to edit the file ^^.

@k0rd since we are allowed to change it, .. would you consider spending some time doing it? *please ..!!*

Thanks cobra4v320 new features are allways great :) and thanks for allowing us to edit the file ^^.

@k0rd since we are allowed to change it, .. would you consider spending some time doing it? *please ..!!*

yes I will :) stay tuned.

Please check out my release demonstrating MP capability :

https://github.com/k0rd/defusethebomb/releases/tag/v1

This is a "midnight release" and I have written no documentation yet - the source and sample mission are provided in the zip.

You can also browse the files at https://github.com/k0rd/defusethebomb/tree/master/athanos_bomb_disposal.Altis

Enjoy the release!

Thats awesome k0rd! Thank you very much.

I will try it asap but i guess it´s going to be after the holidays.

no problem. be sure to try the sample mission - it dynamically hides the code and bomb in athanos, coop 1-4 player and is actually fun for an example mission :)

Thanks K0rd. I can update the first post later with all the credits.

cool - I also updated the release to remove an accidental "isServer" check in the init.sqf for the dynamic sample mission.

I will work to make a simpler sample mission over the weekend :)

I have some changes for the dialog but that shouldnt effect the MP playability.

I had a quick play with the original test mission. Really cool stuff and it reminded me of an old ArmA1 mission called "briefcase" which contained a script which would compliment this really, really well.

Basically, the player had a "tracker" device which when enabled by an addaction trigger, would emit a beeping sound. The beep would quicken the closer the players current bearing got to the direction of the bomb or briefcase. It didn't measure distance, just direction. It was a really cool idea and made hunting the briefcase against a time constraint a whole lot of fun.

I don't want to de-rail this post so I might put the word out in a new post to see if that script still exists. Would be really cool to put it together with Cobra's excellent bomb script.

EDIT: and here is said mission with the tracker script(s), just for interest!

EDIT2: and here is a new post regarding an "object tracking device" script

Once again Cobra, great script. Its scripts like these which bring about entire new game modes to a series.

Edited by *TCF*Jackal