batto

Ukraine General

I might have missed something' date=' but assuming the people - especially soldiers - know the political situation, why do they share such pictures?

The only two reasons I can imagine so far are dumbness or making a wrong impressen aka "fake".[/quote']

Reason 1: Some people are stupid

Reason 2 and at this point more logical: Everybody knows already that they are involved, they don´t give a fuck .

If you don't see it, i can't help you, unless you only wanted to make a smart comment.

If it was to point out that the rebels are really bad people, because one of them wrote a name of a really bad man, then I must remind you of the Ukrainian nazi battalion. Your point would be ridiculous because judging a coalition by one inscription spray painted on some tank is also ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

http://puu.sh/duz8H/2cf82eb5d9.JPG

It's nice that it looks fake to you, but its not.

Here it is in slightly higher resolution and without the red markings:

Can't help it. Still looks overlain. And I like how you just say "It's not fake!" instead of conjuring some proof to the claim.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

I might have missed something' date=' but assuming the people - especially soldiers - know the political situation, why do they share such pictures?

The only two reasons I can imagine so far are dumbness or making a wrong impressen aka "fake".[/quote']

The pictures may have just been a random, "capture the moment" thing, that later got used in the wrong context or modified (faked if you will). At least I know that I can produce the same result as that tank in photoshop.

The pictures may have just been a random, "capture the moment" thing, that later got used in the wrong context or modified (faked if you will). At least I know that I can produce the same result as that tank in photoshop.

Can you really produce the same result? I did a master in Photography and I'm unable to fake that photo. The upper yellow numbers maybe but the white ones below no.

Can you really produce the same result? I did a master in Photography and I'm unable to fake that photo. The upper yellow numbers maybe but the white ones below no.

The upper yellow ones can be done easily.

https://informnapalm.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/3-t-72-smert-aidaru.jpg (245 kB)

This writing also looks really strange lit.

If it was to point out that the rebels are really bad people, because one of them wrote a name of a really bad man, then I must remind you of the Ukrainian nazi battalion. Your point would be ridiculous because judging a coalition by one inscription spray painted on some tank is also ridiculous..

As you seem to like the word "ridiculous", you shouldn't ridiculize yourself and re read my post where i never "judged a coalition", but only this writing. You really should get off your high horses and avoid useless bickering here. About the "nazis", i posted an article just a few posts ago.

Edited by ProfTournesol

4a0d0091a1.jpg

Continuation of the series "The DPR is a strange place". This time we have Graham as our guest again.

The text says "Motherland! Freedom!"

As a special guest we have this guy:

B4sfnJgCAAAi0af.jpg

"Orthodoxy or Death"

Edit: The image is 4 years old, so ignore it. Thanks to surpher. 1+

Edited by beastcat

As you seem to like the word "ridiculous", you shouldn't ridiculize yourself and re read my post where i never "judged a coalition", but only this writing. You really should get off your high horses and avoid useless bickering here. About the "nazis", i posted an article just a few posts ago.

That's why I asked you if there was a point to your statement, or was it just a random sentence. You were the one getting all worked up about a simple question like that.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Is the old man a Greek fanatic?

He seems to be a lot of things. I'm guessing that "pravoslavie ili smert" is in Ukrainian, with Greek writing below, an he even seems to be wearing a shaykacha (Serbian hat). I'm not sure if this is even from the DPR. I read somewhere that these guys played a role in braking up the gay parade in Moscow.

Edited by aleksadragutin

better to post always a reliable news website link as source from where you copied the images/reports....

Edited by oxmox

better to post always a reliable news website link as source from where you copied the images/reports....

I agree.

Chevron pulls out of gas extraction in western Ukraine

Global Energy giant Chevron terminated its contract with Ukraine to extract shale gas in western Ukraine after trying for more than a year to get the government to simplify taxation for this type of business.

Ukraine signed a deal with Chevron on Nov. 5 to extract shale gas in Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk oblasts in an attempt to cut its dependence on Russian gas supply.

Under the agreement, Chevron was obliged to invest $350 million into exploration under the production sharing agreement. Altogether, the company's investment could run up to $10 billion over 50 years of lease it had in the Oleska field.

Ukraine's deal with Chevron to extract shale gas was the second of its kind. In January of the same year, a similar agreement was signed with Royal Dutch Shell.

Another international giant, ExxonMobil, suspended its participation in a consortium of companies to explore offshore gas in the Black Sea close to the Crimean coast after annexation by Russia of the peninsula.

Royal Dutch Shell and Romania's OMV Petrom SA were part of the same consortium along with a Ukrainian company. Shell also pulled out of that project.

https://www.kyivpost.com/content/business/chevron-pulls-out-of-gas-extraction-in-western-ukraine-375176.html

BUK M1 - several starts of missiles shown in the video

missile ~ 700kg

warhead ~ 70kg

The video shows the sound of the rocket starts, the overfly, the explosion and the visibility of such rockets in the sky at the end of the video.

Edited by oxmox

What a load of crap!

I hope the Kremlin doesn't expect anyone outside Russia to believe that... I mean... Peter Pan is more trustworthy.

Ukraine most corrupt country in Europe

Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe, and we have to deal with this, Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Aivaras Abromavicius.

Top Ukraine ministers vowed Tuesday to root out graft in what they called the most corrupt country in Europe to meet the demands made by international partners before they stump up more aid.

http://rian.com.ua/politics/20141217/360931962.html

http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik/international/wirtschaftsminister-abromavicius-ukraine-korruptestes-land-europas/11127688.html

Biden: Ukraine Can't 'Blow' Another Chance To Change

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has said Ukraine cannot lose another chance to change the country for the better. Biden said that Ukraine has been a "kleptocracy."

"Some think that's offensive to say but it's a reality. And they've made great progress. But there's still major, major impediments," he added.

His message was that if the pro-Western government formed this month fails to reform the economy and fight corruption, the efforts of Ukrainians who risked their lives in street protests that pushed Viktor Yanukovych from power in February could be in vain.

Biden said battling corruption and "kleptocracy" would help Ukraine protect its sovereignty, which is threatened by Russian-backed separatists who have been fighting government forces in the east in a conflict that has killed more than 4,300 people since April.

He said that Ukrainians have a chance again, and "they can't blow it."

"Freedom is over 25 years old and they blew it; the Orange Revolution and they blew it."

He warned, "They don't have many more chances in the near term."

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/biden-ukraine-cant-blow-another-chance-to-change/26734598.html

Western Intelligence warning about misjudgement of Russian-Ukrainian politics

(google translated)

Intelligence officers from NATO countries warn of a miscalculation of the Russian Ukraine policy. President Vladimir Putin will not accept a defeat of the separatists in the fight against the Ukrainian army, but did not want to escalate. The Kremlin aims according to this estimation rather to a conversion of the two separatist regions to Donetsk and Luhansk in functioning administrative units.

In the case of an agreement with Kiev, the two areas should be federalized in Ukraine ensure the influence of Moscow. Against this background, the intelligence official pointed out that the Russian special forces in eastern Ukraine, according to official NATO statement a few hundred men, one control function exercised. The intelligence officers are on more than a dozen groups from among the separatists, who were often in the past acted uncoordinated and difficult for Putin to control. The now wanted to change the Russian president.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/vorab/geheimdienste-warnen-vor-fehleinschaetzung-russischer-ukraine-politik-a-1006963.html

(BBC) The Russians fighting a 'holy war' in Ukraine

Since the start of the conflict in eastern Ukraine eight months ago, the Kremlin has denied any direct involvement, including sending Russian troops. But there are Russian fighters on the ground who are proud to announce their presence - and to discuss their ideas of "holy war".

The headline is incredibly misleading.

Really, Pavel a Russian from Rostov-on-Don says he is fighting a holy war. What is so incredibly misleading about the headline?

"Why do I say Donetsk is Jerusalem? Because what's happening here is a holy war of the Russian people for its own future, for its own ideals, for its children and its great country that 25 years ago was divided into pieces," Pavel says.