Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah

Hi drongo,i downloaded the new update.But i dont see the BTR,BDRM or T-72 in the SAA faction.I have east vs west mod installed.Am i missing something? is the east static weapons pack required?

Bit confused.

Never mind,got it sorted.Thanks fort the update. SAA work well combined with my spetsnaz missions:)

Edited by redarmy

Redarmy... and...... how did you fix it ? :)

Make sure you install the addons in the optional folder. You need Reyhard's Static Weapons and his tank pack, as well as the latest version of Sudden's East vs West.

Drongo, eek. that's bad news !

Any change you can set the additions to the core folder ? We have many public people who come on the server and I can see myself having to tell each and everyone of them "have you copied across from the optional folder !?" etc etc nightmare

Means 99% sure I cannot use it on the server.. Please do re-consider merging into the main mod or we're screwed :(

SJ

If I put it in the main folder, someone will come along and say that it should be separated or fail to read the requirements for the optional stuff. Why don't you rebundle it all in one folder and tell visitors to download from your link only?

Hmm, we could do that but we try and stick to core PWS mods as often as possible to ensure compatibility and most up-to date etc.

I get where you're coming from Drongo, but I'll bet 10 to your 1 that as many people will now hastle you that "I can't see the T72's where are they !?" lol

SJ

Ah, I don't use PWS, so it hadn't occurred to me at all. I'll have a think about how to proceed. I'm hoping in the future there will be a fairly standard one-stop pack of vehicles that I can use, instead of requiring mods that I only use one or two vehicles from.

... ha me too Very frustrating having to merge and mix :)

Talking of which can you edit your "groups" config, so they do call T72's and BTR60's etc. ALiVE never references them otherwise.. I can place them manually, but that's clunky

SJ

Redarmy... and...... how did you fix it ? :)

Was a bit jaded when reading the description.I needed east static weapons pack(which kudos,is fantastic) all worked after that and veihicles showed up.Took my very 1st spin in a t-72. :)

It's still not appearing on PWS.. you still have time to Re-combine the tanks etc and do groups ;-P

SJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

update v0.2.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@saa.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

Drongo... loving the SAA mod we run them as OpFor on our SYRIA | ALiVE public map.

Have however noticed some errors that really spam the logs...

ERROR: Switch uniform! Uniform is not supported by soldier
Uniform drSyrian_BDU is not allowed for soldier class SAA_Crewman

soldier[sAA_Rifleman]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[sAA_AASoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[sAA_AASoldier]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

[[[_this,_uniform],"SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf>
 Error position: <_uniform],"SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _uniform
File SyrianArabArmy\Random.sqf, line 20

[[[_this,_uniform],"SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf>
 Error position: <_uniform],"SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf>
File SyrianArabArmy\Random.sqf, line 20

Error in expression <iform = _this select 1;
_man addUniform _uniform;>
 Error position: <_uniform;>
File SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf, line 5

Error in expression <iform = _this select 1;
_man addUniform _uniform;>
 Error position: <_uniform;>
File SyrianArabArmy\AddUniform.sqf, line 5

Couldn't see that anyone had registered these before so it's possible they are new ?

Anyway just thought we should let you know.

SJ

Thanks for the bug report, I'll release a fixed version in the next few days.

Hi Drongo. Wanted to ask you whether you think add syrian rebels?Most of them dressed in civilian clothing.They use russian weapons.You can add them to the independent troops.It would be cool.Thank you for your attention

Hi Drongo. Wanted to ask you whether you think add syrian rebels?Most of them dressed in civilian clothing.They use russian weapons.You can add them to the independent troops.It would be cool.Thank you for your attention

Check the Mid East Irregulars in my signature.

First post updated with version 026. Changes:

• Properly configured the uniforms
  • Fixed a bug with the random uniform script
  • Added an officer class to SAA and Hezbollah (simply a copy-paste of a Squad-leader for now)
  • Completed the Units field in CfgPatches (should allow for use with Zeus)

Well done Drongo.... Thanks for the rapid response !

SJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound.

I've added Reyhard's BMP 1 and 2 to the mod, but I'll hold off releasing for a few days. Any other requests/suggestions for the next release?

I am also considering removing the "optional" folder and this making Reyhard's packs and Sudden's East versus West mandatory requirements. If you are for or against this, please leave a comment.

Absolutely for it..

Combine them - and allow PW6 to do all the work re pre-requisites.

Simplifies all the manual copying and pasting - ( I know this should be simple but reality is that many of the players on my server get it wrong time and time again )

Great job Drongo btw to get the new vehicles in... Really excited to see them in action - any chance they will be ready before Sunday? - we have an op Against the SAA sunday evening and it would be cool to get them in :-)

Makes the SAA pack pretty much the most well equipped - but what about some Hinds / Mig 23's ?

Not sure what's available in the way of migs, but there are Hinds out there.

The other logical bit of kit would be Shilka based Tracked AA... or some static Heavy duty AA launchers ? Syrian's still use the SA-6 missile system, the 2k12 Kub... that might be a fun addition ?

Edited to add: apparently they have these.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsir-S1 Not sure if they were ever modelled. I do recall seeing them done for A2... Would be pretty unique bit of kit for sure. They also have Scuds, which could be interesting from a mission planning POV.

Edited by serjames

I was wondering if you would be willing to have the two factios also aviadable for the independent faction?

and about the mandatory requirements, its up to you, but I personally prefer not having two mods just to run one

Optional pack is not showing in PWS download for some reason ?

That's a bummer :( means my mission will break.

SJ