Sign in to follow this  
rfc

Eyefinity / trippe monitor issues

Hi,

eyefinity in general works OK, but there are some small issues. I've created two screenshots for comparison, more description follows (note: due tripple-monitor setup they're quite big ...):

http://imgur.com/5PuBBeN

http://imgur.com/P67lUlT

First issue:

Not all of the terrain is rendered. Marked with red boxes in the first images the gaps/holes in the terrain can be seen. In comparison, on the right side in the second shot (just rotated the camera angle a bit) the mountain was properly rendered

Second issue:

there's some kind of taint/filter over the centered area (it does not exactly match my center monitor but stretches a bit to the left/right). This is distraction and I've actually no idea what it is (is it supposed to be a graphical gimmick/effect)?

I've had graphics settings all the way from low to high with no change on these two issues.

Any ideas/tweaks available?

tahnk you

Hi and thank you for the info.

This issue is on the to-fix list and will be dealt with. The issue with the dark border is a GUI issue which will be adjusted; the other terrain issue is due to the terrain being culled when to the right. W'll be looking into this hopefully in the near future.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Just discussed the issue with the programmers. We have found a way to fix the issue, so from here it should not take long to fix. I expect by the end of next week it will be dealt with.

Wow! Thank you very much!

...and fixed. The GUI issue still remains, that will be dealt with soon as well.

It will be available in today's dev build.

Woha.

Is the dev build the one I can opt in on Steam (which I have) ?

Yes, you can switch to dev branch by selecting "development" option in Library => Game properties => Betas. ;-)

Hi Dram, any chance you can hint the solution to the Carrier Command team.

I have held back playing this and CC until I could get the full visual enjoyment out of them.

Hi Dram, any chance you can hint the solution to the Carrier Command team.

I have held back playing this and CC until I could get the full visual enjoyment out of them.

Hi Liquidpinky, unfortunately the fix involved is not compatible with CCGM. TKOM works quite differently from CCGM - cameras are setup in script while in CCGM they are set internally in C++. This does not mean it is not possible of course, just that it requires doing the fix anew in the CCGM code. I've passed a note to them and hopefully they'll get this fix implemented in a similar manner as well.

Hi Liquidpinky, unfortunately the fix involved is not compatible with CCGM. TKOM works quite differently from CCGM - cameras are setup in script while in CCGM they are set internally in C++. This does not mean it is not possible of course, just that it requires doing the fix anew in the CCGM code. I've passed a note to them and hopefully they'll get this fix implemented in a similar manner as well.

Awsome, you are a star.

I don't suppose we can get a graphics option to disable the vignette effect? I really dislike when games darken the edges of the screen.

I don't suppose we can get a graphics option to disable the vignette effect? I really dislike when games darken the edges of the screen.

There are two vignette effects at play - one is the glass texture overlay and another is the shader effect that handles the godrays. In a small mod, one could easily disable these. I've also added a note to consider adding this as a graphics option.