Redfield-77

NATO 5.56 and 7.62 adjustor

when you remove those mods from the required mods line the doesn't launch

Sorry I wasn't specific. You will need to remove the ammo associated with those mods as well. So....

Remove "mas_Weapons" from required mods but also remove the ammo classes from that mod. So...

Delete the ammo types that have "mas" in them.

I thought this would be easy to understand but I am bad at explaining I guess :P That should fix for you. Here is code.

class CfgPatches 
{

class Redfield_Bullet_Hits_Value   //This is how your addon will appear in the cfg viewer. You can name it whatever you want to reflect your units specific configuration
{
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddons[] = {
			"A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta", "Ej_u100" 
	};
};
};

#define hitvaluecoef 8  

class CfgAmmo 
{

class BulletCore ;

class BulletBase : BulletCore
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_556x45_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class RH_556x45_B_Mk262 : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class TB_556x45_Ball : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_56x15_dual : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Caseless : BulletBase
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless : B_65x39_Caseless
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_408_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 21 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_12Gauge_Slug : BulletBase
{
	hit = 24 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class ShotgunBase ;

class B_12Gauge_Pellets : ShotgunBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_9x21_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 5 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x33_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_SLAP : B_127x99_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_APDS : B_127x108_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};
};

Edited by Redfield-77

So with this code the listed kind of bullets do more damage? Sorry the noob question, dont know much about these kind of configs

Sorry I wasn't specific. You will need to remove the ammo associated with those mods as well. So....

Remove "mas_Weapons" from required mods but also remove the ammo classes from that mod. So...

Delete the ammo types that have "mas" in them.

I thought this would be easy to understand but I am bad at explaining I guess :P That should fix for you. Here is code.

class CfgPatches 
{

class Redfield_Bullet_Hits_Value   //This is how your addon will appear in the cfg viewer. You can name it whatever you want to reflect your units specific configuration
{
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddons[] = {
			"A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta", "Ej_u100" 
	};
};
};

#define hitvaluecoef 8  

class CfgAmmo 
{

class BulletCore ;

class BulletBase : BulletCore
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_556x45_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class RH_556x45_B_Mk262 : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class TB_556x45_Ball : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_56x15_dual : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_408_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 21 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_12Gauge_Slug : BulletBase
{
	hit = 24 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class ShotgunBase ;

class B_12Gauge_Pellets : ShotgunBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_9x21_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 5 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};
};

Nope; even with that code, when I change it, it gives me an error and does not launch.

So with this code the listed kind of bullets do more damage? Sorry the noob question, dont know much about these kind of configs

That is correct.

Ok, I am going to post the code for default vanilla weapons only in the OP. That way you guys that dont have the mods can see how to set the config for vanilla, then it should be easy to figure out how to add the mods you want.

Redfield I´ve use the "PBO unpacker" from armaholic but you ment the "PBO manager", I´ve downloaded the PBO Manager and now it works how it should.

Thank you for your help! :D

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/wiki/Eliteness

Eliteness is the best program to unpbo i ever came across!

Lao Fei Mao/Redfield-77 Really nice mod!Thanks!

2 shots = death! Best mod of 2014 (so far)! ;)

Edited by Grillob3

Your welcome Grillob3,

I would like to remind everyone that Lao Fei Mao is the evil genius behind this mod. This is his work. I have only reconfigured it to work with mods. I have said it twice in this thread but let me say it one more time for good measure. Thank you Lao Fei Mao for this awesome chunk of code. It makes Arma fun to play again. Im glad so many people are getting a use out of it. I'm sorry for those that are having trouble that I cant help.

That is correct.

Ok, I am going to post the code for default vanilla weapons only in the OP. That way you guys that dont have the mods can see how to set the config for vanilla, then it should be easy to figure out how to add the mods you want.

Thats the point, i dont know what to do with the file, right now i´ve put the.pbo into addons folder^^

Thats the point, i dont know what to do with the file, right now i´ve put the.pbo into addons folder^^

that will work but it's a bad way of doing it. just make a folder in the main arma 3 directory called @dmg then a folder inside that called addons and put the pbo inside that

I was thinking, is it possible to make it closer to ACE2? For instance, 2 shots of a 5.56 from point blank to 100m, and 3-4 shots at 100m out, and for the 7.62, 2 shots point blank to 100m, and 2-3 shots at 200m out? Just feel that one shot is a little too powerful. In actual reality, it usually takes about 2 shots at point blank to down a person as most wounds are through and through rounds, thus losing most of its kinetic energy, but at 200m out, alot of the bullets kinetic energy rams a person down. Just something I thought you guys could consider!

I was thinking, is it possible to make it closer to ACE2? For instance, 2 shots of a 5.56 from point blank to 100m, and 3-4 shots at 100m out, and for the 7.62, 2 shots point blank to 100m, and 2-3 shots at 200m out? Just feel that one shot is a little too powerful. In actual reality, it usually takes about 2 shots at point blank to down a person as most wounds are through and through rounds, thus losing most of its kinetic energy, but at 200m out, alot of the bullets kinetic energy rams a person down. Just something I thought you guys could consider!

Hi Blackwater, I still play a lot of ACE2 for Arma 2 and it most certainly only takes 1 shot of 5.56 or 7.62 center mass to put someone down at any range out to 400m. While we can argue the semantics of wound trauma and kinetic energy all day, the fact is that puncturing the human torso causes shock, unconsciousness, and death in my mod. Thats how I have it configured for me.

However as I said before, "Realism is in the eye of the beholder". You can configure the mod to whatever damage you think is realistic. You can change the coefficient to any number and you can multiply instead of add the coefficient as well.

Reading through all these threads it seems no one can agree on what realism is. Just tweek the numbers a bit and see what works for you. I would suggest trying the default first.

@LSD_Timewarp

Yes these are the 12.7x99 and 12.7x107 rounds and it looks like they have SLAP rounds too. This is just vanilla stuff and it is included in the mod already. I have never used one of the Anti Material Rifles in Arma 3 so Im not sure how the SLAP rounds work. There also seems to be Armor Piercing rounds.

{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

Edited by Redfield-77

Yeah, the AI is so fu***** annoying in this game, its unbelievable. Some AI clowns ^^ survives easilly 3-4 hits with the M107 + HERounds, that makes me go crazy. And the best is always when they hit u once (on 1000meters range of course) u usually say hello to death, supressed and injured AI killed me on 1000meters with his Katiba. On situations like this i raging hard^^

Hi Blackwater, I still play a lot of ACE2 for Arma 2 and it most certainly only takes 1 shot of 5.56 or 7.62 center mass to put someone down at any range out to 400m. While we can argue the semantics of wound trauma and kinetic energy all day, the fact is that puncturing the human torso causes shock, unconsciousness, and death in my mod. Thats how I have it configured for me.

However as I said before, "Realism is in the eye of the beholder". You can configure the mod to whatever damage you think is realistic. You can change the coefficient to any number and you can multiply instead of add the coefficient as well.

Reading through all these threads it seems no one can agree on what realism is. Just tweek the numbers a bit and see what works for you. I would suggest trying the default first.

@LSD_Timewarp

Yes these are the 12.7x99 and 12.7x107 rounds and it looks like they have SLAP rounds too. This is just vanilla stuff and it is included in the mod already. I have never used one of the Anti Material Rifles in Arma 3 so Im not sure how the SLAP rounds work. There also seems to be Armor Piercing rounds.

{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

I can understand where youre coming from. I do understand that bullet wounds to torsos causes shock, trauma, then not just physical damage, but the person will break from psychological stress from a mortal wound to the chest. Really love the damage right now. I feel as though I can start calling BIS bullets lethal once again. It felt like i was shooting paintball pellets before lol. Thanks for this mod, you sir, have made my day =)

I'm really glad everyone is finding this mod useful. I still look forward to the day when we can delete this mod because Arma damage and armor work properly but until then this is better than vanilla.

It is quite pleasant to see a tango drop with one or 2 bullets, outstanding job completing Lao´s work, Redfield! Is the BWmod ammo compactible or we have to include their classes on your code?

cheers! =)

;2598900']It is quite pleasant to see a tango drop with one or 2 bullets' date=' outstanding job completing Lao´s work, Redfield! Is the BWmod ammo compactible or we have to include their classes on your code?

cheers! =)[/quote']

If they add new ammo you will have to add it manually. I have been extremely busy and I have not had a chance to check out their mod though it looks amazing. Make sure to check the hit values on 3rd party mod ammos. Sometimes they have been doubled by the modmakers and dont need adjusting or may even need to be toned down.

BWMod has it´s own mags, need to see if they accept vanilla 5.56 (thou I doubt it)

R3F weapons had 45% more damage since its first installment, that´s a fact (didn´t tested now to see if the mod increased that) - while 5.56mm vanilla did .8 damage, the famas scored 1.35 and the HK417 (7.62mm) had 2.1 (it could kill the second generation of the enemy offspring lol)

cheers!

I've noticed that this doesn't really affect 6.5 ammo (if it even is supposed to); it still takes about 3 shots from an MX to take an enemy down.

I've noticed that this doesn't really affect 6.5 ammo (if it even is supposed to); it still takes about 3 shots from an MX to take an enemy down.

as opposed to the 6-10 it took before.

It does effect 6.5mm. Make sure the mod is running properly if it doesn't seem to be working. This comes straight out of the mod.

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

So 6.5mm does 18 damage now instead of 10.

as opposed to the 6-10 it took before.

It doesn't take that many without the mod.

It does effect 6.5mm. Make sure the mod is running properly if it doesn't seem to be working. This comes straight out of the mod.

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

So 6.5mm does 18 damage now instead of 10.

Even if I bump it to 11, it's still about 3 shots to kill a standard CSAT rifleman. I mean, from a "simulation" standpoint, that's not all that horrible but given that this addon makes so 5.56 will take down the same rifleman with one, it makes things a little "unreal".