Sign in to follow this  
Jester983

Need some help

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 04 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: Jester, do not get a BB gun, they are horribly innacurate when comapred to most pellet rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

true, but he lives in densely populated area, so shooting pellet gun would be a bit more problematic. that's why i suggested BB gun. you can shoot it in your room, backyard, and still avoid neighbors complaing about it.

BB guns are not that accurate, but it's matter of distance...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 04 2002,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 04 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: Jester, do not get a BB gun, they are horribly innacurate when comapred to most pellet rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

true, but he lives in densely populated area, so shooting pellet gun would be a bit more problematic. that's why i suggested BB gun. you can shoot it in your room, backyard, and still avoid neighbors complaing about it.

BB guns are not that accurate, but it's matter of distance...<span id='postcolor'>

Shooting a BB gun in my room? I dunno who would kill me first. My mom or the BB. wink.gif

Problem with BBs is they richoet. They dont stop when they hit something. They keep going. Unless its a very hard stop. Its true they arent very strong but they can hurt. I remeber being hit by a richoet in the top of my ear. It stung so bad.

did you have proper stopping mechanism behind the target? see my post in previous page smile.gif

EDIT: page selection.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">true, but he lives in densely populated area, so shooting pellet gun would be a bit more problematic. that's why i suggested BB gun. you can shoot it in your room, backyard, and still avoid neighbors complaing about it.

<span id='postcolor'>

How would it be problematic?

BB's can reach the same velocities that Pellets can, it all depends on the rifle. Besides, BB's riccochet(sp?) like crazy, lead pellets absorb the energy on impact with a hard surface and won't riccochet nearly as far.

well, if some old lady lives next door and sees Jester practicing with his pellets she might complain.

that's why i asked Jester to use reduced speed, that way he can practice in his room too.

i said it before and ill say it again. I dont know which would kill me first. my mom or the BB.

Shooting inside would definately not go well with my parents. Nor would i want to. I prefer a open area to shoot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 03 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Cough* Single shots *Cough*

Unless you consider your hand a magazine....

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm. 'Magazine Fed' does not mean that the weapon is semi-auto. A magazine can feed a bolt-action or a semi-auto.

Infact, you can have your Remington 700 fitted to accept M-14 magazines. I'm not sure which company does it though.

Tyler

Edit: Jester, do not get a BB gun, they are horribly innacurate when comapred to most pellet rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

If you had actually READ that post you would see the words "single shots".

This rifle as an example is a single shot, you load a round into the chamber by hand each shot. I'm my previous post I was refuting your statement that bolt actions are magazine fed. Single shots aren't, they have no magazine. You have 1 round in the entirety of the rifle at all times.

A bolt-action with a internal magazine is a repeater. As the rifle ejects and self-chambers a new round each time you operate the bolt until the magazine is dry.

heh? so your mom doesn't know about this? hhmmm....

oh well, if you prefer outside go ahead with pellet guns. just make sure you goto a firing range or safe area. smile.gif

What you want to do is go to urban air powered sniper school. Use cover, target discretion, interrupting objects, and relocation to avoid being branded. At least thats what I have always done (and still do, since nostalgia hit me and I got a Powerline 880 smile.gif ). The neighborhood cats now have to be on their toes smile.gif

Well said tex, man you should come visit me in Ohio. We can play some BB paintball. Nothing like being hit in the chest with an overpowered red ryder from 10 feet away. Can't beat it.

Get a .22 that shoots 22-250. tounge.gif

Bascially a M16 shell almost, but the shell is alittle bigger then the 5.56x45.

But if i where you, get a Ruger, its cheap, and easy to clean, and semiauto.And maybe you should think about getting something thats shoots .22 magnums.There are also a whole bunch of diffrent types of .22's..22 short, long, long rifle, magnum and all of them with hollow point.A Ruger can shoot both short and longs.But dont bother with shorts(there to wimpy) .Shoot .22 longs are better and funner, but 22-250 are funner.

Good luck finding one! smile.gif

.22 long on left and 22-250 on right.

22L_22_250_0002.jpg

.22 long on left,22-250 middle, and a 5.56x45 round the M16A2 fires

22_0001.jpg

same, close up.

22_0002.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 04 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh? so your mom doesn't know about this? hhmmm....

oh well, if you prefer outside go ahead with pellet guns. just make sure you goto a firing range or safe area. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oh she knows about the .22.

But the area I live in is totally full of people. So i really dont know what area i could go to for shooting a pellet rifle.

Find an empty alley, make sure your wearing some urban cammies, and take shots at garbage cans. Easy as pie.

makes sense but id have to have a buddy to be a look out for people and cops.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Sep. 04 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But the area I live in is totally full of people. So i really dont know what area i could go to for shooting a pellet rifle.<span id='postcolor'>

then goto firing range with your dad...that's only place where it's safe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 04 2002,03:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Sep. 04 2002,03wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But the area I live in is totally full of people. So i really dont know what area i could go to for shooting a pellet rifle.<span id='postcolor'>

then goto firing range with your dad...that's only place where it's safe.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I could do that but I think it would just be funer to shoot a .22. I know what its like to shoot a pellet rifle so. I think im going with the .22.

ok....but be very aware of laws regarding firearms smile.gif i don't think you are at the age where you can OWN a .22 rifle, but maybe your dad can and take you to a firing range and let you take some shots.

Thats exactly what I plan to do.

Now which is funer to shoot. A magnum .22 or a regular .22?

and make sure your dad keeps that .22 away from you...i don't trust a Jesterwith a rifle wink.gif

if you are talking about .22, I only have experience with .22 LR(long rifle) which is quite often used. from my experience(with a pistol) they have little recoil and is hell-lotta-fun with their cute popping sound.

i don't haev experience with .22mag, but think .22LR will do just good. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 04 2002,03:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and make sure your dad keeps that .22 away from you...i don't trust a Jesterwith a rifle wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Of course. What who do you think i am. Cleutus from the simpsons?

Go for the rubber/plastic ones. Nobody will notice until it's too late. By the time they get wise your gone. The trick is to wait for everyone to go on vacation. When this happens you can do a lot of satisfying things. Such as shooting your pellet gun at a target 3 houses down, or configuring your paintball gun. Just use common sense, if anyones there, don't do it. Have fun, life's too short.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Sep. 04 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Go for the rubber/plastic ones. Nobody will notice until it's too late. By the time they get wise your gone. The trick is to wait for everyone to go on vacation. When this happens you can do a lot of satisfying things. Such as shooting your pellet gun at a target 3 houses down, or configuring your paintball gun. Just use common sense, if anyones there, don't do it. Have fun, life's too short.<span id='postcolor'>

you are a bad influence! biggrin.gif

I live in Ohio, no one cares. I know if I hit someone they're going to pull out their concealed weapon and blow my knee cap. Funny that when they issued the concealed weapon law, crime went drastically down. However, it went up in the cities that didn't follow it, such as Cinci.

As for bad influence, maybe... Then again, it's not as urbanized where I live. My block has pretty big houses with 1-3 acre lots. So, I have room to do most of pellet/bb/paintball/airsoft type guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Sep. 04 2002,03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for bad influence, maybe... Then again, it's not as urbanized where I live. My block has pretty big houses with 1-3 acre lots. So, I have room to do most of pellet/bb/paintball/airsoft type guns.<span id='postcolor'>

well, Jester lives in urban area and i don't encourage him to start shooting at ppl's house...bad influence!

I think Jester lives in Whittier, which has house right next to each other.

but if someon has 1-3 acre lots then go ahead biggrin.gif you have your yard!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This rifle as an example is a single shot, you load a round into the chamber by hand each shot. I'm my previous post I was refuting your statement that bolt actions are magazine fed. Single shots aren't, they have no magazine. You have 1 round in the entirety of the rifle at all times.

<span id='postcolor'>

So what? Most bolt-actions are magazine fed anyway. Single-shots are obsolete.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then again, it's not as urbanized where I live. My block has pretty big houses with 1-3 acre lots. So, I have room to do most of pellet/bb/paintball/airsoft type guns.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, same situation up here. Me and my freinds could do all kinds of crazy stuff outside of the city. No matter where you are in Canada, you are never more than a half hour's (with the exception of the big cities) drive away from untouched land. In our case, it was a 15 minute walk, from a city with 130,000 people in it.

Tyler