Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

[WIP] Challenger 2 MBT UK

Your doing great work bud. keep it up.

ive got a few other pics if you wont them of them in game for size comparison.

sabot rounds dont use any model, because they are so fast it doesnt matter. They just have a tracer. Same with HE... too fast, too small.

Only artillery rounds use (basic) models

It just to make the model abit better in the realistic terms. Rearming stuff like that. they wasnt ment for firing as you said its to fast to see. :)

I've seen the pics, great looking models. Thanks for the support. Went into development of the tank full boar today, got 90% of the main hull (not including turret) slimmed down to a nice size. When that is finished, I am moving to the turret and after that the 120mm gun. Once these major areas are out of the way in a manor of speaking, I can shift to the more cluttered areas such as details and extras. I hope you guys will continue to support the project, and as some of you might be wondering about the lack of pics. It is very simple. The model it self has not changed in appearance but the weight of it, I will keep you up dated during the summer break and hopefully with the next few weeks of development I will have a newly slimmed down Challenger 2 tank for me to then figure out how the hell I'm going to texture it. So...... Wish me luck.

As I said in my previous post, the look hasn't changed at all. My task at the moment is slimming her down, but what I can say is that you'll have a pic update in a day or two, the details and such are taking some time but I hope to be finished in good time.

Any update since ? I'm really curious and your work was already great

We're setting up a British Server and having that challenger would be really sweet.

Unfortunately due to the model being so heavy there is no way to slim her down enough to the point where she is viable for game use. I've been at it for months but could never get her below a threshold that the game would allow her as a complete model. To my utter disappointment I am terminating the Mod and would like the Admins to close the topic.

Before this thread is closed, did you try using proxies to piece together the vehicle? That is one way to bypass the vertices limit that ArmA 3 currently has.

Edited by deltagamer

Thread Closed per request :padlock:

@deltagamer perhaps drop Yoshi a PM with regards to your question.