Macser

ArmaRig for Blender

@Rismarck

Sure. https://www.sendspace.com/file/xhcmtd

You can move objects and the armatures associated with them onto the same layer if you want to. I just prefer to keep it neater. If you just hold down shift you can have all 3 layers active at the same time. So you can interact with any of them. If you need to clear the scene up a little, you can just switch off a layer, rather than messing with the outliner window.

@kerozen

To be honest if you're just changing the weapon reference, it doesn't matter what else is in the viewport. The only thing you need to be concerned with is the proxy for the weapon. If you see what I mean. All it's being used for in that situation is to get an accurate placement for the weapon relative to the character. So when you bring it into Blender it's "rest" position is correct.

@Macser Is there any way to animate the right hand independent from the weapon position, like for animating a bolt for example.

You can switch off the childof constraint for the weapon, located in the bone constraints tab. Just click on the little eye icon.

KfwgA1CW.jpg

Although if you've already animated the position of the right hand, it may jump out of the position you've keyed. So maybe set the cursor onto it's current starting point. So when you switch off the childof constraint you should be able to get it back into the same location. That's done using Shift-S with the item selected.

You can key elements of the constraints too if necessary.Like the On/off switch, or the influence value. Sometimes useful to hand control to another bone or object. Or to switch back at some point. Just hover the mouse over the UI element and hit I. You'll see it change colour to indicate it's been key-framed.

Switching the elements on/off or changing values is not keyed by default. Which is the purpose of using the I key (Insert key frame).

21 hours ago, Macser said:

You can switch off the childof constraint for the weapon, located in the bone constraints tab. Just click on the little eye icon.

KfwgA1CW.jpg

Although if you've already animated the position of the right hand, it may jump out of the position you've keyed. So maybe set the cursor onto it's current starting point. So when you switch off the childof constraint you should be able to get it back into the same location. That's done using Shift-S with the item selected.

You can key elements of the constraints too if necessary.Like the On/off switch, or the influence value. Sometimes useful to hand control to another bone or object. Or to switch back at some point. Just hover the mouse over the UI element and hit I. You'll see it change colour to indicate it's been key-framed.

Switching the elements on/off or changing values is not keyed by default. Which is the purpose of using the I key (Insert key frame).

Oh ok, maybe that's where I went wrong I just removed the constraint. I'll give that a go thanks!

EDIT<>

(note the new animation was made from the hand anim file where the chilof constraint wan't removed)

I created a new animation just to test and i got this result:

If I use the other method mentioned I still get the hand fixed to the gun but it also moves the gun with the right hand animation

Reloads are something I haven't played around with. If you post the config section relating to the animation perhaps someone will spot the issue. Often the rtms are not the root of a problem.

Afternoon folks. Quick question: is the multiple rig file available anywhere still? The Sendspace links above have expired and I can't seem to find it anywhere else. 

Anyone has the rig in the prone position? I've managed to put it in the stand position(or at least close to it) but i'm not being able to put it in "usable" prone position to do the reload animation.

Can anyone share it? =D Just need the first frame so I can copy the pose.

Thx!

@Gstavo

I don't have access to the files. And I'm not sure if their being binarised would make that possible, or legal. Just in case you think I'm ignoring you. :smile_o:

Update:

One of the members here, "Love burns",  informed me about an issue they were having with the camera position in custom animations. So I added a camera bone into the rig. Apparently this seemed to sort their issue out. So the first thread has been updated to reflect this. A lot of people use the rig for static screenshots and hand anims. Where the player's viewpoint isn't a factor. So that explains why I haven't had reports about the issue. Not that I remember at least.

• Like 2

Thanks foxhound. I'll put that link into the first post.:smile_o:

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, Macser said:

@Gstavo

I don't have access to the files. And I'm not sure if their being binarised would make that possible, or legal. Just in case you think I'm ignoring you. :smile_o:

Update:

One of the members here, "Love burns",  informed me about an issue they were having with the camera position in custom animations. So I added a camera bone into the rig. Apparently this seemed to sort their issue out. So the first thread has been updated to reflect this.  It's likely the lack of a camera bone doesn't affect static or hand anims. Maybe that's why I didn't get reports about it.

Np..i've already done it myself.. I'll share it here soon in case someone need it too..

Hey @Macser I hope you are still maintaining this...
Anyway here are a few questions (I'm a newbie as far as animating in blender is concerned so I apologize if my questions sound stupid) :
- Can I detach the weapon from the hands so that when exporting to arma they do not stay "glued" to it? (I've seen a comment above about removing child constraint, it works in blender but once the animation is in arma they look like this: https://pasteboard.co/IuELtlT.png)

- The current downloadable rig seems to be missing the "camera" bone you mentioned above, I'm not confident I can add it myself, could you upload a new version? It's there, I'd missed it.
-The M9 pistol has no control like the launcher or the weapon. I'd like to detach it as well

Hey Mr.H.

Nothing wrong with questions. That's how we find answers.

It's by no means a perfectly constructed rig. But you can switch off the childof constraints at any time. And can even key-frame the constraint itself.

If you've not key-framed the weapon bone, then it will return to the default position in game. Which appears to be the case in your image. If you've actually switched off the child constraints, then the hands should not be following the weapon bone at all. Does it look very different in the Blender viewport?

I'm open to correction on this of course, but I don't believe there's a dedicated bone for handguns. There's a proxy. But without an actual bone it's not possible to animate handguns as a separate object, in the way you would launchers and rifles.There's no selections in the example files I used to construct the rig.Nothing relating to handguns.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Macser said:

Hey Mr.H.

Nothing wrong with questions. That's how we find answers.

It's by no means a perfectly constructed rig. But you can switch off the childof constraints at any time. And can even key-frame the constraint itself.

If you've not key-framed the weapon bone, then it will return to the default position in game. Which appears to be the case in your image. If you've actually switched off the child constraints, then the hands should not be following the weapon bone at all. Does it look very different in the Blender viewport?

I'm open to correction on this of course, but I don't believe there's a dedicated bone for handguns. There's a proxy. But without an actual bone it's not possible to animate handguns as a separate object, in the way you would launchers and rifles.There's no selections in the example files I used to construct the rig.Nothing relating to handguns.

Thanks! I found that adding

rightHandIKCurve[] = {0};
leftHandIKCurve[] = {0};

to the config fixed it also. After some tikering I managed to make a simple test animation and play it in game. Something must be wrong with my animation because it plays fine on non playable units but not on players. Anyway your rig is an awsome tool! Thanks.

• Like 1

Guys, I need help. Is it possible to port animation from ARMA to Blender?  I need a static animation from ARMA to expose it as a start and end point in a dynamic animation. In order for the unit to smoothly enter and exit the animation in the game.

I tried to make a similar pose. But the smoothness is not achieved. The video shows how the unit twitches at the end when switching the animation.

Help is no longer needed. Solution found )

Due to a hard drive death, I've just discovered I no longer have the triple version of the armaRig Mascer graciously linked me up with a couple of years back. I thought I'd backed everything up, but there's always something, isn't there?

Can anybody provide me with another link to it, if possible? 

I have been working on a custom gun model and doing my best to work everything out for myself (not easy, so many outdated guides spread across many sites). The good news is I'm 90% of the way there, I've got it working in-game but having some trouble getting the static holding animation correct.

How do people usually set up the rig from the standard 'T' pose to the weapon ready pose?

I've tried to manipulate the rig until I have something roughly resembling the in-game pose, but the hands always end up at slightly awkward angles to where it looks like they have broken wrists.

I figured out what the issue is but I don't have a good solution other than trial and error and a lot of patience.

It would appear that the weapon bone has an inverse relationship with the hands when creating static animations for the weapon holding position.

I'll start by saying the weapon bone has no relation at all to the in-game weapon position, it doesn't matter where you move the bone, the in-game weapon will always be placed near the right shoulder relative to its position inside the P3D file.

What I found was that if you move the weapon bone up, both hands move down. Move the weapon bone down, and both hands move up. Move the weapon bone left, both hands move right, etc. This applies to rotation as well as position, hands always move in the opposite direction to the weapon bone.

It seems that the weapon bone must be placed in a specific position within the rig if you want the hands to match up 1:1 in-game, finding that position is the hard part and I can only do it by moving the bone and testing in-game each time until it matches up.

I haven't done any anything with that rig in a long time, but that sounds very odd. I suspect the bone constraints may be broken post 2.7X.

I don't think it's your rig, just the way BI engine handles the weapon bone when in a static position. I saw in another thread someone else making the same observation. Logic would suggest that if the weapon bone is masked out during the hold animation then the actual position in the RTM file shouldn't have any effect, in reality, its position will have an effect on the hand positions.

Maybe you're talking about hand anims? Hand anims would override what ever exists in the static, presumably.

First page updated with a link to Version 6.3. Some constraints have been added and things tidied up slightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1